Slowing down my posting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:24:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Slowing down my posting
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Slowing down my posting  (Read 1415 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2008, 10:18:53 PM »

Not right now, but for two months in June and July and maybe the first half of August, I will be slowing down (not stopping) my posting.

As some of you may remember, I was a counselor at a computer camp in Philadelphia and Boston in the summer of 2007.  I am going back as an Assistant Director to the same camp, but this time starting in Atlanta.  I will be leaving Friday, June 6 and returning either in late July or early August. It will be Saturday, July 12 if I am not transferred to either Philly or Boston.  If I'm transferred to Philly, it will be Saturday, July 26 and if Boston, then Saturday, August 9.

I'll still post, but I may not be as active due to my increased duties and responsibilities.

After that, I should be able to be as active as I can right through the conventions, the home stretch, the election, the transition, and the inauguration.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 10:30:16 PM »

Well, if you're doing it again, it must be fun. Good for you. Smiley

But if you're around computers all day, why can't you post? Huh Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 10:32:08 PM »

Well, if you're doing it again, it must be fun. Good for you. Smiley

But if you're around computers all day, why can't you post? Huh Wink

I'll have a computer in my room with high speed internet, and I should be able to post, but not as much.  My first responsibility will be to the kiddos.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 10:34:20 PM »

Yeah, thought so.

Change your avatar. I keep confusing you and Sam Spade.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 10:36:13 PM »

Yeah, thought so.

Change your avatar. I keep confusing you and Sam Spade.

So do I, LOL!!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 10:39:39 PM »

Ooh, Oklahoma!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 10:46:52 PM »

Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain.  And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, when the wind comes right behind the rain.  Oooooklahoma every night my honey lamb and I sit alone and talk and watch a hawk making lazy circles in the sky.  We know we belong to the land, and the land we belong to is grand.  So, when we say, Yo!  Aye-yip-ye-o-e-a, we're only saying you're doin' fine Oklahoma.  Oklahoma.  O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A.  Oklahoma.  OK!!!

That song makes me so proud to be an Okie.  I am moving back here within a couple weeks, though.  It will be nice to get back into a better state.  A state that knows its football.  It may not be as big as some other states, but it sure is nicer.  Most of the people are so friendly in Oklahoma.  Plus, we have the only state song in America that is a Broadway Musical.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 10:48:36 PM »

That song gives me memories of 7th grade Drama, which was ridiculously easy. But I digress.

Got a new job?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 10:52:46 PM »

You don't post that much anyway, Okie.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 10:54:01 PM »

That's what I thought when I saw the title of this thread.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 10:56:05 PM »

That song gives me memories of 7th grade Drama, which was ridiculously easy. But I digress.

Got a new job?

No, unfortunately, not.  I'm just going to be moving back in with my parents to avoid having to pay any more rent.  I've been down there for two months and have had a very rough time trying to get a firm footing down there.  I made a horrible mistake by leaving what would now have been a $40K job to go down there.  My dad works for that same company and he is trying to work all the magic he can to get me on there again.  That would be the only thing to stop me from going to Atlanta.  Otherwise, I'm going to wait the month of May out up here with them, then go east, and then come back in July or August and really hit the streets and the newspapers and try to get a job here in Oklahoma City.  OKC is rapidly growing and more tech jobs are coming in, so I should be able to find something.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 10:56:46 PM »

Compared to others, no I don't.  What I'm saying is, I may be posting even less.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 10:57:43 PM »

Question:  How can you be a councilor at a camp in both Philadelphia AND Boston?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 10:58:47 PM »

Question:  How can you be a councilor at a camp in both Philadelphia AND Boston?

Philadelphia was for the first 5 weeks, then Boston was for the 4 weeks following that.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 11:19:14 PM »

Got a new job?

No, unfortunately, not.  I'm just going to be moving back in with my parents to avoid having to pay any more rent.  I've been down there for two months and have had a very rough time trying to get a firm footing down there.  I made a horrible mistake by leaving what would now have been a $40K job to go down there.  My dad works for that same company and he is trying to work all the magic he can to get me on there again.  That would be the only thing to stop me from going to Atlanta.  Otherwise, I'm going to wait the month of May out up here with them, then go east, and then come back in July or August and really hit the streets and the newspapers and try to get a job here in Oklahoma City.  OKC is rapidly growing and more tech jobs are coming in, so I should be able to find something.

Good for you that you're returning. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 08:48:53 AM »

Got a new job?

Good for you that you're returning. Smiley

I'm doing it mainly to save rent and utilities and slow down gas consumption.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 07:54:01 PM »

I won't be able to post at all this coming weekend (Thursday - Sunday afternoon) as I will be on vacation at Toledo Bend Resevoir in Many, Louisiana.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies