Who is your Republican committeeman now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:22:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who is your Republican committeeman now?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Who is your Republican committeeman now?  (Read 3027 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2008, 11:43:38 PM »

I think his name is Gates.  I use to be mine many years ago.

Run again. Which ward are you? Many of those North and West Philly wards only have two committeepeople and one of them is ward leader by default. Ward leader J.J. would be nice.

He's talking about how Shiites believe that the 12th Imam is the Messiah and will return when Shiites dominate the world (not true; all Islamic groups believe in Jesus as the Messiah). Then, he talks about the Ottoman conquests, and makes a hollow reference to September 11. THe problem is that the Ottomans were not Shiites, but Sunnis.

Muslims believe Jesus is the Messiah?

Anyway, thanks for pointing out his mistake. Let him know about it.  Tongue
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2008, 11:50:46 PM »

Phil, did you only win because about 4 Republicans live in your ward?

If I was a Republican, I probably could get elected precinct chairman here as well considering that only 57 people voted in the GOP caucus in this precinct, and also Ron Paul won my precinct for that matter too with 25 votes, so it's very likely those 25 were not actual Republicans but rather Ron Paul nerds who showed up only to vote for Paul, meaning only 32 real Republicans bothered to show up. My current DFL precinct chairwoman was re-elected, running unopposed and winning unanimously at my caucus.

Brings up an interesting thought: Is it possible that the Republican party in some areas will end up getting hijacked by Ron Paulites? Ron Paul won my old home in Mankato too...
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2008, 11:53:38 PM »

Brings up an interesting thought: Is it possible that the Republican party in some areas will end up getting hijacked by Ron Paulites? Ron Paul won my old home in Mankato too...

It's already happened in some areas.

I have a friend who told me that "the trailer park precincts" in northeastern Washington have all been hijacked by Paulites.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2008, 11:58:30 PM »

Phil, did you only win because about 4 Republicans live in your ward?

Uh, funny?

First of all, wards are made up of divisions (precincts). We have committeepeople for each precinct. My precinct has about 400 registered Republicans out of about 960 registered voters. We are the most Republican division in my ward (out of 23 divisions). Nice try, though. I love how you insist spewing ignorance even when you know my area isn't insanely Democratic like J.J.'s.

My ward is pretty Democratic (big blue collar influence in the lower half) but my area is very evenly split.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The entire party? Not in my area. I have stated in the PA General discussion thread that I have a house of Paul activists in my division. They did a lit drop the other day which prompted me to put up my McCain yard sign. I'm worried that they're going to flood my polling place with their signs and lit and might have a strong showing for Paul since Republicans have no reason to show up next Tuesday. We have no contested races (not counting delegate races). They won't "take over" though.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 12:08:13 AM »

Moi
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 12:39:06 AM »

He's talking about how Shiites believe that the 12th Imam is the Messiah and will return when Shiites dominate the world (not true; all Islamic groups believe in Jesus as the Messiah). Then, he talks about the Ottoman conquests, and makes a hollow reference to September 11. THe problem is that the Ottomans were not Shiites, but Sunnis.

Muslims believe Jesus is the Messiah?

Yes, interestingly.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out his mistake. Let him know about it.  Tongue

You know his mailing address? Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 12:45:39 AM »

Tongue

I just don't understand that.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 12:48:02 AM »

It is somewhat confusing, I'll give you that. While he is an ordinary prophet and not divine, he did not die; he was raised up to heaven, alive, when on the cross. He will come back someday and establish world peace.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 04:15:47 AM »

Congrats Phil Smiley

We only elect our state party committeepersons, local ones are elected at convention and national ones are elected by the state committee.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 01:44:33 PM »

The DA and his wife. His wife is being primaried by the head of the public defenders office.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 10:36:12 AM »

Congrats Phil Smiley

We only elect our state party committeepersons, local ones are elected at convention and national ones are elected by the state committee.

Eh, thanks, I guess but I was making this as a joke thread. This is old news anyway.  Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies