Happy 420! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:27:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Happy 420! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Happy 420!  (Read 6621 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 20, 2008, 12:18:40 AM »

Damn...  Somebody already made the Hitler joke.

You'll know all about it in a couple of years.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 01:55:20 PM »

Well I have never smoked in my life and never will, I hope every idiot that does is granted to the right to

Such a libertarian!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 09:31:31 PM »

This p*sses me off.  I hope all of those people get arrested.

What a silly thing to say. I don't smoke but I don't care if other people want to. It's their business. And my school was pretty big on this event today. There was a big smoke cloud over Boulder I'm sure.

He sounds like an old man, doesn't he?

It seems to be a big characteristic of the GOP in that part of the country (Ohio-Pennsylvania-New Jersey).
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 09:40:03 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2008, 09:43:29 PM by Casual Fraction™ »

No, it's not a "fact" that people should be punished for breaking stupid laws.

Gay people who live in states where anti-sodomy laws haven't been repealed shouldn't be punished, for example, nor would I expect someone who uses marijuana in the privacy of their own home to be punished when getting drunk is legal.

Victims of unfair punishment should not just "accept" it.  The law should be openly ignored until lawmakers find the common sense to change it.

First of all, thanks to Lawrence v. Texas your example is out of date.  Secondly, when one breaks the law, one should do so in full knowledge that the law could be used against them.  Martin Luther King Jr. and Mahatma Ghandi were both arrested and convicted for willfully and knowingly violating the law.  That's how civil disobedience works.  You break the law you consider unjust, and get punished for it.  You pay the price for standing up for your beliefs.  The idea that one can violate the law and should get away with it because it is a "stupid law," is not only juvenile, but violates the principle of the rule of law that all successful countries are based on.

+1

The drug war is a gigantic waste of time, but if you break the law and get caught then you're screwed.

A word of advice: don't buy in bulk so you get an distribution intent tag if caught and always store items in a combination-locked storage space.  I don't  think search warrants have the authority to require suspects submit lock combinations.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies