Shifting back to the Undecided Column
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:07:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Shifting back to the Undecided Column
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shifting back to the Undecided Column  (Read 926 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2008, 02:22:33 PM »

After Obama's "bitter rural voters" gaffe this past week, I'm starting to question why I support him.  I still like him and think he would be a great president, but I'm starting to question if I want to throw my vote to somebody who thinks urban voters are better at this thing called life than rural voters.  He will probably get the nomination no matter what happens tomorrow night in Pennsylvania, but if he does win, I'm not ruling out voting for John McCain.  I still do like Hillary Clinton.

So, right now, I guess, I support Barack McClinton.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 02:37:46 PM »

Not to be a cynical jerk, but all three candidates think they're better than you.  Trust me.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 02:48:19 PM »

When McCain says something stupid it doesn't get as much coverage because of this damn primary.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 05:38:55 PM »

Ain't that the truth?

...and if the idea is to not vote or to give in and wait another 4 years.... what then? Another 4 years?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 06:48:59 PM »

When McCain says something stupid it doesn't get as much coverage because of this damn primary.

McCain hasn't said anything as stupid as some of the things Obama continues to say.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 07:16:45 PM »

McCain hasn't said anything as stupid as some of the things Obama continues to say.

His (multiply-repeated) claim that Iran is funding Al-Qaeda wasn't particularly brilliant.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 10:59:54 PM »

I also questioned Obama, but then I listened to his explanation on Youtube. I guess he persuaded me that his reasoning was logical. Still, he should not be a sociologist of the American people. He can believe that, but he really should keep that sort of generalization to himself. I think he should apologize, but a lot of the people he's talking about do seem to be bitter, frustrated, and angry.

He worded it wrong, but the fact that one statement decides a person's vote concerns me greatly when the choice should be made on the issues or the candidate's true character. Every candidate has had gaffes, and I can't blame them when they are under so much pressure and attention. Just think about Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton...
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 01:37:05 PM »

Though, Obama really speaks what is on the collective mind. "False Consciousness" seems to be endemic in America today. What IS a matter with Kansas, anyway? What's the matter with California, for that matter....
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies