PA: Strategic Vision: McCain Leads Clinton by 4%, Obama by 8% in PA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:14:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA: Strategic Vision: McCain Leads Clinton by 4%, Obama by 8% in PA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA: Strategic Vision: McCain Leads Clinton by 4%, Obama by 8% in PA  (Read 1719 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2008, 08:37:33 PM »

New Poll: Pennsylvania President by Strategic Vision on 2008-04-20

Summary: D: 42%, R: 46%, U: 12%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

13. If the election for President were held today and the choices were John McCain, the Republican, and Hillary Clinton, the Democrat for whom would you vote?

John McCain 46%

Hillary Clinton 42%

Undecided 12%

14. If the election for President were held today and the choices were John McCain, the Republican, and Barack Obama, the Democrat for whom would you vote?

John McCain 48%

Barack Obama 40%

Undecided 12%
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 07:28:02 AM »

First poll since Obama's "bitter" comment?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:40:42 AM »

Ah, everyone's favorite Republican pollster is at it again!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 11:08:49 AM »

Let me guess, "the extra 4 pt loss for Obama is because of racist voters" right?
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 12:26:35 PM »

Let me guess, "the extra 4 pt loss for Obama is because of racist voters" right?

You can crack all the jokes you like, but at the end of the day (aka November), Obama will carry Pennsylvania.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 01:20:19 PM »

You can crack all the jokes you like, but at the end of the day (aka November), Obama will carry Pennsylvania.

Of course he will.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 02:24:04 PM »

Do you want us to quote you on that? Even many Democrats feel as if McCain is the favorite in Pennsylvania. It's not impossible for Obama, but I would be wary of predicting anything yet.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 02:34:49 PM »

Do you want us to quote you on that? Even many Democrats feel as if McCain is the favorite in Pennsylvania. It's not impossible for Obama, but I would be wary of predicting anything yet.

Yes. Quote me on it. I'm sure some Democrats are saying McCain is the favorite in Pennsylvania, in April, when the Democrats don't even have a nominee. But when November comes around, and election day is upon us, Obama will carry Pennsylvania.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 02:50:13 PM »

And I'm gonna vote for Ralph Nader.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 02:52:24 PM »

Yes. Quote me on it. I'm sure some Democrats are saying McCain is the favorite in Pennsylvania, in April, when the Democrats don't even have a nominee. But when November comes around, and election day is upon us, Obama will carry Pennsylvania.

Is this the second-coming of MyPalFish?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 06:41:46 PM »

Which Democrats are saying that McCain is the favorite in Pennsylvania?

A bunch of deluded GOP hacks are, sure, but that's about it. Except for Republican polling companies, recent pollsters have all shown Obama ahead in the state.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 06:46:07 PM »

A bunch of deluded GOP hacks are, sure, but that's about it. Except for Republican polling companies, recent pollsters have all shown Obama ahead in the state.

So all the pollsters are Republican? SurveyUSA, Strategic Vision, and Rasmussen have all been labeled Republican pollsters. Which are not GOP pollsters? Quinnpiac because they had Obama +8 and Clinton +10 in their latest PA poll?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 06:48:32 PM »

So all the pollsters are Republican? SurveyUSA, Strategic Vision, and Rasmussen have all been labeled Republican pollsters. Which are not GOP pollsters? Quinnpiac because they had Obama +8 and Clinton +10 in their latest PA poll?

Although SV is a very good pollster (or at least was in 2004), it is Republican.  Rasmussen is owned by a Republican but it is not a Republican firm.  SurveyUSA, I have no idea.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 07:01:13 PM »

Although SV is a very good pollster (or at least was in 2004), it is Republican.  Rasmussen is owned by a Republican but it is not a Republican firm.  SurveyUSA, I have no idea.

Well what pollsters do we have to rely on according to the standards being presented by the masses here? I'm not trying to be a dick, I am just curious. It seems like all the big time pollsters that we get most of our information from are considered bias by everyone here.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 07:09:14 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2008, 07:19:57 PM by Alcon »

Well what pollsters do we have to rely on according to the standards being presented by the masses here? I'm not trying to be a dick, I am just curious. It seems like all the big time pollsters that we get most of our information from are considered bias by everyone here.

I'm not endorsing dismissal of Strategic Vision.  They had a slight GOP tilt in 2004, but it wasn't big.  These results are, shall we say, odd.  I would dismiss neither SV nor Rasmussen, although my gut says that the Democrats being so behind McCain in Pennsylvania is suspicious.

Unfortunately, all we have to corroborate Rasmussen is uni polls.  We have nothing corroborating Strategic Vision.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 07:19:02 PM »

Rasmussen and Quinnipiac both show Obama leading. SUSA hasn't polled the general election in the state since February.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 11:52:24 AM »

With the exception of SV all recent polls have shown Obama ahead by a lot. But before the Democratic race hit Pennsylvania McCain was ahead. There is no national polling indicating Obama doing better against McCain than he did then, so I'm not really buying it, to be honest.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies