Pro-life or Pro-choice?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:08:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Pro-life or Pro-choice?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Do you consider yourself pro-life or pro-choice?
Pro-life

Pro-choice

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Pro-life or Pro-choice?  (Read 4385 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2008, 11:01:58 AM »

I happen to agree wholeheartedly that adoption should be encouraged, it's a valuable and wonderful thing, and I especially commend you for taking on a special-needs child. My family has two (and soon to be three) severely handicapped children, so I know all about those pressures.

Equally I think there are circumstances where unless the woman actually wants to keep the baby, that she should not be forced to - not the least of which is being forced to carry to term the result of rape.

Thanks.  I was careful to say our daughter was classified as "special needs" because of the circumstances of her birth and the mentally impaired state of the woman who was pregnant with her and her husband.  We've been blessed in that many of the anticipated problems were not realized because she spent 18 months in one very loving, safe foster home before we adopted her.

We DID just start her on Ritalin, which we are watching very carefully.  We think she is a borderline case in terms of needing it but her mind definitely wanders in school and when we do homework.  The ADD never seems to be a problem during Hannah Montana or Phineas and Ferb! LOL
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2008, 11:07:48 AM »

I consider myself 100% pro-life on everything. I oppose the death penalty, euthenasia, abortion and war in general, especially wars that could be avoided. I see human life as God's grand gift to the world, so it should not be discarded like a poorly written term paper. 
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 11:26:57 AM »

I consider myself 100% pro-life on everything. I oppose the death penalty, euthenasia, abortion and war in general, especially wars that could be avoided. I see human life as God's grand gift to the world, so it should not be discarded like a poorly written term paper. 

That's a pro-life position I can live with.  Reminds me of my all-time favorite Republican, former Oregon Senator Mark Hatfield.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2008, 05:45:01 PM »

That's a pro-life position I can live with. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies