Federal Government spends most on Louisiana, Mississippi, Alaska
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:04:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Federal Government spends most on Louisiana, Mississippi, Alaska
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Federal Government spends most on Louisiana, Mississippi, Alaska  (Read 2357 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 11:46:51 AM »

Damn anti-Mississippi bigotry is ubiquitous.
Right, Mississippi is the only state that gets made fun of.  Nobody ever cracks a Texas joke or a South Dakota joke.
I've never in my life heard a South Dakota joke, and the occasional Texas joke is not nearly as common as the Mississippi joke.

No, it's just that New Orleans was far and away the largest city affected. You should be able to see through this, Harry.
Sure, but Mississippi never gets any coverage.  Never mind that towns on the coast were GONE after the storm...completely and utterly destroyed.  People are still living in trailers on the coast.  Compared to the Mississippi Gulf Coast, New Orleans had it easy by just getting flooded.
Lol. There's deluded, there's inane, and then there's this statement. (Doesn't of course change the fact that Mississippi got it very bad too, and that the main impact of the hurricane itself was worse there than in Louisiana.)
It's true.  Mississippi got hit much worse, and is still suffering much moreso, and no one does or ever did care.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2008, 12:41:53 PM »

Right, Mississippi is the only state that gets made fun of.  Nobody ever cracks a Texas joke or a South Dakota joke.
I've never in my life heard a South Dakota joke, and the occasional Texas joke is not nearly as common as the Mississippi joke.

No, it's just that New Orleans was far and away the largest city affected. You should be able to see through this, Harry.
Sure, but Mississippi never gets any coverage.  Never mind that towns on the coast were GONE after the storm...completely and utterly destroyed.  People are still living in trailers on the coast.  Compared to the Mississippi Gulf Coast, New Orleans had it easy by just getting flooded.
Lol. There's deluded, there's inane, and then there's this statement. (Doesn't of course change the fact that Mississippi got it very bad too, and that the main impact of the hurricane itself was worse there than in Louisiana.)
It's true.  Mississippi got hit much worse, and is still suffering much moreso, and no one does or ever did care.

The media won't cover devastation that doesn't affect all that many people.  New Orleans is a metro over well over 1 million people and nearly the entire city was under water and over 1000 people died as a result of human neglect.

Where was the news coverage last summer when some towns in southeastern Minnesota received 16" of rain in 24 hours resulting in devastating flash floods that nearly destroyed a few small towns?

If 16" of rain had fallen in Minneapolis in 24 hours, you can bet there'd have been a lot more coverage.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2008, 12:58:42 PM »

..and there was coverage of the Mississippi coast.  Maybe I noticed it because I was looking for it because I lived there for awhile, but it was there.  It got washed out by the media orgy that was the New Orleans floods and how Bush failed.

You played Gary Condit to their Sep 11th.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2008, 01:28:36 PM »

Population estimates, july 1 2005 and july 1 2006.

Orleans Parish, 454K, 210K
St Bernard Parish, 65K, 14K
Plaquemines Parish, 29K, 22K
Jefferson Parish, 450K, 420K

Hancock County, 46K, 39K
Harrison County, 196K, 173K
Jackson County, 134K, 128K

Notice something?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2008, 01:38:52 AM »

Sure, but Mississippi never gets any coverage.  Never mind that towns on the coast were GONE after the storm...completely and utterly destroyed.  People are still living in trailers on the coast.  Compared to the Mississippi Gulf Coast, New Orleans had it easy by just getting flooded.  And the national media NEVER even talks about that.

how many more people died in N.O than in Mississippi??  How many more people were left homeless and put into trailers in N.O than Mississippi?? 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 06:31:41 AM »

Population estimates, july 1 2005 and july 1 2006.

Orleans Parish, 454K, 210K
St Bernard Parish, 65K, 14K
Plaquemines Parish, 29K, 22K
Jefferson Parish, 450K, 420K

Hancock County, 46K, 39K
Harrison County, 196K, 173K
Jackson County, 134K, 128K

Notice something?

They all went on holiday. For over a year. That's all. Move along people, nothing to see here...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 06:35:43 AM »

..and there was coverage of the Mississippi coast.  Maybe I noticed it because I was looking for it because I lived there for awhile, but it was there.  It got washed out by the media orgy that was the New Orleans floods and how Bush failed.

You played Gary Condit to their Sep 11th.
Or for a better comparison, you played Pentagon to their WTC.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies