Community descriptions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:02:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Community descriptions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Community descriptions  (Read 14626 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2005, 11:18:23 PM »

This is an "interesting" thread.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2005, 11:35:47 PM »

democrat/Republican tie with 99% of 18-25 year olds being independent

Conservative
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2005, 06:45:25 AM »

I live in a conservative city(home of Jerry Falwell) but I live in the ghetto(I'm totally serious). I am the only white person in my neighborhood. The blacks around here talk about " how dey gwonna get Bush owta awfice", but apparently for some reason they don't find the time to vote. I guess they don't give out welfare checks at the voting booths.

This is the funniest post in this whole thread.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2005, 06:57:11 AM »

This is an "interesting" thread.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2005, 07:56:11 AM »

I live in a conservative city(home of Jerry Falwell) but I live in the ghetto(I'm totally serious). I am the only white person in my neighborhood. The blacks around here talk about " how dey gwonna get Bush owta awfice", but apparently for some reason they don't find the time to vote. I guess they don't give out welfare checks at the voting booths.

bigot

Liberals often fall back on politically correct platitudes when faced with something that has some truth in it.  Unfortunately, there is truth in what Duke Fan is saying.  Why not discuss it rationally instead of immediately throwing the word "bigot" around?  It is a real problem, you know, and you probably have fixed it so you don't have to live around it, typically.

And there are plenty of white people who are as Duke Fan describes.  Somehow, I don't think the liberals would be half as disturbed if white people were attacked for the same behavior.  Is that not bigotry?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2005, 09:47:41 AM »

bigot

Liberals often fall back on politically correct platitudes when faced with something that has some truth in it.  Unfortunately, there is truth in what Duke Fan is saying.  Why not discuss it rationally instead of immediately throwing the word "bigot" around?  It is a real problem, you know, and you probably have fixed it so you don't have to live around it, typically.

And there are plenty of white people who are as Duke Fan describes.  Somehow, I don't think the liberals would be half as disturbed if white people were attacked for the same behavior.  Is that not bigotry?

You may want to read the date D-man. Wink
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2005, 09:56:21 AM »
« Edited: August 07, 2005, 10:01:54 AM by dazzleman »

bigot

You may want to read the date D-man. Wink

I did wiseazz Smiley, but I just had to say it anyway.  I hate people throwing around the term "bigot" every time someone expresses something that has some truth that they would rather not acknowledge.  Contrary to the twisted doctrines of political correctness, it can never be bigoted to simply tell the truth. 

And I guarantee that if Duke Fan had been talking about the same exact behavior, only involving white people instead of blacks, there wouldn't have been a peep about bigotry from a liberal poster, but agreement instead.  I hate that type of hypocrisy.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2005, 10:24:10 AM »

My community is a rich white inner suburb.  My state is fairly populist as a whole, and my region even more so.  However, my town is libertarian-minded.  It would be better placed in the Philadelphia suburbs.  In 2000 we voted for Bush and Santorum by a 50-47 margin or so.  In 2004, we voted Kerry 52-47.  Social issues are mainly driving this change.  On the local level (state house and senate) we are still fairly Republican, as we are on the Gubernatorial level.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2005, 08:49:45 AM »

Bearpark (County Durham)

Former mining community in City of Durham District. Safe Labour - but now included  with the larger Lib Dem Witton Gilbert for city council elections. Economically and socially, populist, if anything

Dave
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies