Community descriptions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:28:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Community descriptions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Community descriptions  (Read 14627 times)
Duke Fan
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2004, 04:32:47 PM »

I live in a conservative city(home of Jerry Falwell) but I live in the ghetto(I'm totally serious). I am the only white person in my neighborhood. The blacks around here talk about " how dey gwonna get Bush owta awfice", but apparently for some reason they don't find the time to vote. I guess they don't give out welfare checks at the voting booths.

bigot

Ooh, that hurts!
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2004, 04:46:45 PM »

There are poor minorities in Cambridge. Albeit not in my neighborhood, but they're here. All in know is that I'd rather do my duty to humanity than capitulated to your parsimonious attitude towards the needy which would engender starvation and your vile race hatred.
Duke Fan
Rookie
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2004, 04:51:22 PM »

There are poor minorities in Cambridge. Albeit not in my neighborhood, but they're here. All in know is that I'd rather do my duty to humanity than capitulated to your parsimonious attitude towards the needy which would engender starvation and your vile race hatred.

Needy? The only thing these people need is a job. You don't live around them. They are MY neighbors.  And if I was a racist I wouldn't live in the neighborhood I do. I wouldn't live in the city I do. You are seriously out of touch pal.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2004, 04:53:52 PM »

yeah, it was kinda nasty, but you gotta admit that "I guess they don't give out welfare checks at the voting booths" was a pretty funny line.  Some of you folks need to lighten up a little.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2004, 04:55:36 PM »

I refuse to accept humor in that crass aspersion cast upon people. It simply was revolting, not funny.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2004, 04:56:20 PM »

I'm guessing you're not a big fan of South Park.  Smiley
Duke Fan
Rookie
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2004, 04:57:57 PM »

I refuse to accept humor in that crass aspersion cast upon people. It simply was revolting, not funny.

Can I see that stick?
ShapeShifter

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2004, 05:04:05 PM »

ditto

I am all for humor but personally, I don't think he is trying to be funny. I think he actually thinks that is true.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2004, 05:05:19 PM »

I like South Park but the difference between that and his post is South Park tries to be funny vs him expressing his actual bigotry view.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2004, 05:05:20 PM »

ditto

I am all for humor but personally, I don't think he is trying to be funny. I think he actually thinks that is true.
yup
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2004, 05:07:26 PM »

I guess they don't give out welfare checks at the voting booths.

Judging from Duke Fan's quotation, I guess they don't give out good taste and acceptance in the forum membership epistles.

Listen pal, you live in Cambridge, Massachusetts. How many poor blacks do you come into contact with on a daily basis? I am around hundreds every single day. I am tired of listening thier whining. They talk about how they want to change the system, but they don't have the time to vote. Give me a break.

Over half of the people in my neighborhood are on welfare, yet for some reason they have enough money to buy $150 shoes  and a new sports jersey every other day. They give welfare a bad name. I'm sick of thier taking advantage of something that is supposed to be for the needy.

They can freeload off of the taxpayers but don't want to put forth the effort to do thier duty by voting?

Yeah, we all know what blacks are like... Tongue

Are there black people in Sweden?

There are black people everywhere...not as many as there are in the US of course...we have mostly Arabs...but it's all the same, really, all those non-WASPs destroying our White culture... Tongue
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2004, 05:08:22 PM »

May I see your brain?

I must admit, I'm not a fan. As a sociologist who, despite my preference for attending the opera, occasionally analyzes television to see the cultural patterns of the hoi polloi, that show has very disturbing undertones. Three episodes were discussed at a recent symposium I attended on social conservativism in the public field. I hadn't seen them, but was given transcripts. To be honest, all my experience with the show was based upon those transcripts. One dealt with variation of sexual affiliation in the Boy Scouts. At the end, an open homosexual vowed not to challenge them because of their freedom of association. Freedom of association, probably the poor relation of free speech, free exercise, and separation of church and state, certainly fails to attain the sanctity of equal protection. Another implicitly criticized affirmative action based upon equal protection, despite its obvious success. I cannot see why a bunch of angry white males would be so greedy as to not sacrifice their college placement to a closely qualified minority to alleviate prior discrimination. Finally, one concluded by saying that sex education should be kept within the home, and shouldn't be taught within the schools. What about the right of the child to information about reproduction? What about freedom of inquiry? No one mentions them when they talk about family values. To conclude, that show is buttressed by a subliminal puritanical message.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2004, 05:27:35 PM »

May I see your brain?

I must admit, I'm not a fan. As a sociologist who, despite my preference for attending the opera, occasionally analyzes television to see the cultural patterns of the hoi polloi, that show has very disturbing undertones. Three episodes were discussed at a recent symposium I attended on social conservativism in the public field. I hadn't seen them, but was given transcripts. To be honest, all my experience with the show was based upon those transcripts. One dealt with variation of sexual affiliation in the Boy Scouts. At the end, an open homosexual vowed not to challenge them because of their freedom of association. Freedom of association, probably the poor relation of free speech, free exercise, and separation of church and state, certainly fails to attain the sanctity of equal protection. Another implicitly criticized affirmative action based upon equal protection, despite its obvious success. I cannot see why a bunch of angry white males would be so greedy as to not sacrifice their college placement to a closely qualified minority to alleviate prior discrimination. Finally, one concluded by saying that sex education should be kept within the home, and shouldn't be taught within the schools. What about the right of the child to information about reproduction? What about freedom of inquiry? No one mentions them when they talk about family values. To conclude, that show is buttressed by a subliminal puritanical message.

How about in plain english this time?
Duke Fan
Rookie
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2004, 05:33:06 PM »

I like South Park but the difference between that and his post is South Park tries to be funny vs him expressing his actual bigotry view.

You think I believe that black don't vote because there aren't welfare checks at polling places?
Duke Fan
Rookie
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2004, 05:34:02 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2004, 05:39:39 PM by Duke Fan »

I guess they don't give out welfare checks at the voting booths.

Judging from Duke Fan's quotation, I guess they don't give out good taste and acceptance in the forum membership epistles.

Listen pal, you live in Cambridge, Massachusetts. How many poor blacks do you come into contact with on a daily basis? I am around hundreds every single day. I am tired of listening thier whining. They talk about how they want to change the system, but they don't have the time to vote. Give me a break.

Over half of the people in my neighborhood are on welfare, yet for some reason they have enough money to buy $150 shoes  and a new sports jersey every other day. They give welfare a bad name. I'm sick of thier taking advantage of something that is supposed to be for the needy.

They can freeload off of the taxpayers but don't want to put forth the effort to do thier duty by voting?

Yeah, we all know what blacks are like... Tongue

Are there black people in Sweden?

There are black people everywhere...not as many as there are in the US of course...we have mostly Arabs...but it's all the same, really, all those non-WASPs destroying our White culture... Tongue

I could care less about white culture. I am majority Native American

EDIT: Well not majority, half actually. The rest is Northern Irish, Welsh, and Scottish
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2004, 07:45:53 PM »

It is not my obligation to alter the terminology of my analysis to be suited to your level. Other members haven't complained, so I presume they can read it. If it is so distressing, why don't you get out a dictionary and look up what's bedeviling you?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2004, 08:17:52 PM »

It is not my obligation to alter the terminology of my analysis to be suited to your level. Other members haven't complained, so I presume they can read it. If it is so distressing, why don't you get out a dictionary and look up what's bedeviling you?

It's not that I dont understand you, its the fact that I don't feel like wading through a bunch of 10-cent words when you could have easily expressed the same point much more succinctly with more common ones.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2004, 08:21:31 PM »

Well, I have never understood those who begrudge the use of some words because of their length or obscurity. They are in our language to add variation and make writing more interesting.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2004, 09:20:18 PM »

Welfare as a lifestyle should not be acceptable for those who could work, regardless of race.  We can argue about how to help these people, but continuing welfare does not help them.  

Liberals love to claim moral superiority by supporting welfare, which is not helpful, but generally make sure they live separately from welfare recipients.  And then they take a tone of moral superiority when those who have to endure living near welfare complain about the situation.

It's not really a racial issue; it's one of behavior.  And much of the behavior that goes along with a welfare lifestyle is not and should not be acceptable, regardless of race.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2004, 09:34:32 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2004, 09:35:24 PM by Senator ShapeShifter »

Welfare as a lifestyle should not be acceptable for those who could work, regardless of race.  We can argue about how to help these people, but continuing welfare does not help them.  

Liberals love to claim moral superiority by supporting welfare, which is not helpful, but generally make sure they live separately from welfare recipients.  And then they take a tone of moral superiority when those who have to endure living near welfare complain about the situation.

It's not really a racial issue; it's one of behavior.  And much of the behavior that goes along with a welfare lifestyle is not and should not be acceptable, regardless of race.

so, corporate welfare is okay? but welfare for people is not?
English

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2004, 09:38:54 AM »

My neighbourhood is European Liberal. Lots of young professionals and students.
The main street is a mix of cafe bars, wine bars, restaurants and funky shops.
The Liberal Democrats win in my area every election. Surrounding neighbourhoods are poor, inner city working class and vote overwhelmingly Labour.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2004, 10:31:16 AM »

The Liberal Democrats win in my area every election. Surrounding neighbourhoods are poor, inner city working class and vote overwhelmingly Labour.

do you leave in Kengsington & Chelsea? or not in London at all?
English

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2004, 11:16:02 AM »

I wish I did!
No, Leeds.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2004, 11:53:53 AM »

I wish I did!
No, Leeds.

heh, your description reminded me a bit of what the King's Road is like in Chelsea lol.

I swear, whenever I go there the girls' skirts seem to have gotten even shorter and the boys' hair more drenched in wax or gel lol.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2004, 11:57:56 AM »

I think there should be a seperate definition for liberal, and put the options as:

VERY conservative
conservative
moderate
liberal
very liberal
San Francisco
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies