Should parents of that Texas Mormon cult get custody of their kids back?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:03:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should parents of that Texas Mormon cult get custody of their kids back?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Should parents of that Texas Mormon cult get custody of their kids back?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Should parents of that Texas Mormon cult get custody of their kids back?  (Read 1803 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 08:41:52 AM »

For those who have been abused, definitely not. For those who haven't, I'm still leaning towards not returning them simply because the environment in which they would be raised (a compound belonging to this cult) would have a high enough probability of them being abused in the future that it would be warranted.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 08:22:07 PM »

For those who have been abused, definitely not. For those who haven't, I'm still leaning towards not returning them simply because the environment in which they would be raised (a compound belonging to this cult) would have a high enough probability of them being abused in the future that it would be warranted.

My thoughts exactly.  Just the fact these kids have to lead such ed up lives is enough for me to say no.  Foster care though sucks, but as of now it's a better alternative.
cannonia
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 05:05:50 AM »

Unless the government can prove that each set of parents is unfit, then they should get their kids back.  Anything else would be a horrible misuse of state power.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies