Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 26, 2014, 12:05:26 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community
| | |-+  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: Grad Students are the Worst, The Mikado, Badger)
| | | |-+  (R-PA) Gov. Keystone Phil vs. (R-TX) Sen. Mike Naso
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Who wins the Republican Nomination?
(R-PA) Gov. Keystone Phil   -15 (71.4%)
(R-TX) Sen. Mike Naso   -6 (28.6%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: (R-PA) Gov. Keystone Phil vs. (R-TX) Sen. Mike Naso  (Read 3441 times)
Reaganfan
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2008, 07:18:41 pm »
Ignore

I know Phil is always considered the "most likely" winner of a forum GOP Primary...but let me make the case on why if he and I squared off...I don't think he would have the edge.

Phil has no wildlife experience. As far as I know, he doesn't fish or hunt. (maybe small varmets)
Phil has no law enforcement influence/firearm/military experience (no NRA endorsement for him)

...and I am going into the military.

Just another funny tidbit...Phil hasn't even seen "Forrest Gump" for god's sake! I think that I would have the upper hand because I'm not a "city boy". I've shot guns, caught fish, and I think I would be a strong contender if I were ever in that position...because I have middle America appeal.

So...Gov. Phil of PA vs. Sen. Naso of TX (lets say)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 12:40:36 am by Mike for McCain »Logged
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 07:21:49 pm »
Ignore

Why does your hair look so silly?

And why does it remind me of Bill Clinton?
Reaganfan
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 09:29:23 pm »
Ignore

I can say that you are the first person to ever compare me to Bill Clinton.

Honestly...I kind of know Phil better than 90% of people on the forum...and I honestly don't think Phil would have any middle America appeal. He is defintely an elitest city guy, never shot guns, never hunted or fished, and yet so many say "PHIL WOULD WIN THE PRIMARY!"
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 09:41:34 pm »
Ignore

I can say that you are the first person to ever compare me to Bill Clinton.

Honestly...I kind of know Phil better than 90% of people on the forum...and I honestly don't think Phil would have any middle America appeal. He is defintely an elitest city guy, never shot guns, never hunted or fished, and yet so many say "PHIL WOULD WIN THE PRIMARY!"

But he has that arrogance essential for any GOP nominee. The French-hating helps, too.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 09:48:07 pm »
Ignore

Well, I wouldn't have noticed this if it wasn't already nominated in the Comedy Goldmine.

First of all, thank you so much, Naso, for using one of my worst photos on record from a year and a half ago with my longer hair. Roll Eyes

Secondly, I am certainly a "city guy" but by no means am I an elitist and just because I haven't hunted or fired a gun doesn't mean that I am out of touch. It also doesn't mean that I won't eventually do those things at some point in time. And, yes, I haven't seen Forrest Gump. I was movie deprived as a child and I still am. I don't think that would turn off many voters though.

By the way, Naso, you say I have no law enforcement or military experience. Ok, well neither do you. And don't say, "Oh, but I will!" because this scenario can't just be a Naso Fantasy.

Finally, you complain about assumptions yet do the same here. Where the hell did you get the idea that I've never fished? I live across the street from a creek and used to go down there to fish with one of my good friends all the time during the summer.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 09:49:49 pm by President Keystone Phil »Logged

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
NDN
YaBB God
Uganda

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 10:43:54 pm »
Ignore

I think the pictures would give Phil the primary alone. LOL

ABANDON ALL HOPE
Sensei
senseiofj324
YaBB God
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 10:48:39 pm »
Ignore

Did you see the picture of Naso with the gun? He's obviously a defender of freedom who demands your vote.

Reaganfan
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 11:13:20 pm »
Ignore

Well, I wouldn't have noticed this if it wasn't already nominated in the Comedy Goldmine.

First of all, thank you so much, Naso, for using one of my worst photos on record from a year and a half ago with my longer hair. Roll Eyes

Secondly, I am certainly a "city guy" but by no means am I an elitist and just because I haven't hunted or fired a gun doesn't mean that I am out of touch. It also doesn't mean that I won't eventually do those things at some point in time. And, yes, I haven't seen Forrest Gump. I was movie deprived as a child and I still am. I don't think that would turn off many voters though.

By the way, Naso, you say I have no law enforcement or military experience. Ok, well neither do you. And don't say, "Oh, but I will!" because this scenario can't just be a Naso Fantasy.

Finally, you complain about assumptions yet do the same here. Where the hell did you get the idea that I've never fished? I live across the street from a creek and used to go down there to fish with one of my good friends all the time during the summer.

I just hate the way you insult middle America. You say whenever you think of Ohio, you think "trashy". How can you NOT be an elitist?
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 11:28:43 am »
Ignore

I just hate the way you insult middle America. You say whenever you think of Ohio, you think "trashy". How can you NOT be an elitist?

Plenty of people hate Ohio. Have you seen the website gobacktoohio.com? I hate seeing Ohioans coming down to Charleston every summer and ruin our heavenly way of life.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 11:34:56 am »
Ignore

Maybe this race could split the conservative vote and allow for a moderate nominee like Rep. Moose (R-PA) Smiley
bullmoose88
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 11:39:28 am »
Ignore

Plus...don't forget Naso-Cat...he's 100% behind Mike...

A Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative NE Republican with some Left-Libertarian/3rd Way Leanings. Simply, a Rockefeller Republican.

According to one poster, I represent a...

Dying bread of Americans.
Hatman
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -6.00

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 12:44:10 pm »
Ignore

Maybe this race could split the conservative vote and allow for a moderate nominee like Rep. Moose (R-PA) Smiley

What about mayor Johnson? (R-TN)

http://canadianelectionatlas.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @EarlWashburn
PBrunsel
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 01:13:20 pm »
Ignore

Mike,

My great question to you is why would you want the Republican Presidential Nomination in the first place? State and local politics is so much better than the national give away called the presidential race. However, being vice-president is still my long political dream. Smiley

As for the question, I would still say Keystone Phil would win the nomination. If Phil can excel as a conservative Republican in Philadelphia, I would not just support the man, I would give him money!

I have never been one to be easily sold to the pro-gun, pro-millitary crowd in the GOP. I for one view those who are not hunters but defend the second amendment as bigger defenders of gun rights as those who are regular hunters. After all, such people care so much about the right to own guns that, even though they never use one, they will strongly defend it as a constitutional, and not just a personal, right.

Serving in the military is a Greta thing. I myself am taking courses to become a military chaplain, but I hardly view it as a prerequisite to running for office. I hope to become a classroom American history teacher in at-risk schools, thowing myself into the "front lines" in American education. I view that as I view serving in the military: Putting one's personal comfort and safety behind the future of the nation.

So in short, I still view Phil as the man of this forum with the best chance at being President of the United States, however, I think he's too smart to actually seek that high office.

"I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right. But it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation should be on the Lord's side."
-President Abraham Lincoln, December 1862
Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 03:06:54 pm »
Ignore

The one who doesn't constantly put pictures of himself in threads.

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 05:25:17 pm »
Ignore

The one who doesn't constantly put pictures of himself in threads.

THEY DISAPPEARED!!!111

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 05:27:10 pm »
Ignore

No way does John Edward get the nomination. Phil wins in a walk.

Here's to the State of Richard Nixon

Some things are better left covered up.
Reaganfan
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 05:47:20 pm »
Ignore

John Edwards? Are you insane?
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 06:04:41 pm »
Ignore

Naso, I don't insult middle America. As I've told you before, I have some serious filth not too far from where I am. I don't know what it is but I just think of Ohio as being not as beautiful as some other areas.  Tongue

Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 06:56:34 pm »
Ignore

To Naso's defense, he's no liberal, smooth talking, pretty southern boy with tons of charm.
bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 11:16:46 pm »
Ignore

This is a difficult question. I highly doubt either of you will ever even come close to such offices, but I suppose that is beside the point.

Naso is a goof ball, but Phil has some pretty severe problems with his temper tantrums. Just imagine the Dean Scream (except quite a bit worse, really) on a daily basis. I can't see someone like that winning, so I'll have to go with Naso in this scenario.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 12:15:57 am »
Ignore

Phil has some pretty severe problems with his temper tantrums. Just imagine the Dean Scream (except quite a bit worse, really) on a daily basis.

And this is my problem with simple forum based opinions. I don't have "Dean Scream" moments that are "quite a bit worse" on a "daily basis."

Oh, wait...did my wording seem like I was having a tantrum? I'm sorry. Here's my commentary without a tantrum:

And this is my problem with simple forum based opinions. I don't have "Dean Scream" moments that are "quite a bit worse" on a "daily basis."

See the difference?

jesmo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 01:24:45 am »
Ignore

Naso, why did you post one of Phil's uglier pictures? You did that purposely! Most of his pics show that he is a hottie!

I have two pet rats!
tik (too cool for uppercase)
ComradeCarter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 11:18:50 pm »
Ignore

Phil has some pretty severe problems with his temper tantrums. Just imagine the Dean Scream (except quite a bit worse, really) on a daily basis.

Oh, wait...did my wording seem like I was having a tantrum? I'm sorry. Here's my commentary without a tantrum:

See the difference?

Yes. The second time it was clearly typed more delicately. You have beautiful fingers, by the way. They must not have seen much work. Hmm. You really are an effete elitist aren't you? Now I'm voting for Naso. He types with his two index fingers and grunts every time he presses the return key, like a real man.

Some things I do for money, some things I do for free.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 01:37:09 am »
Ignore

To Naso's defense, he's no liberal, smooth talking, pretty southern boy with tons of charm.

As I have said before, in that black top Naso looks like him.

Here's to the State of Richard Nixon

Some things are better left covered up.
RomneyGekko Situation Hairgel
Flyers2004
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.87

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008, 05:20:13 pm »
Ignore

OH CANADA! My new home and native land.. SING IT! For sanity purposes only I'd vote for Phil if I had to.

DOUCHEBAGGERY AT ITS FINEST!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout