Atlas Forum '08: February 8-11 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:01:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Forum '08: February 8-11 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Atlas Forum '08: February 8-11  (Read 71507 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: May 06, 2008, 06:38:39 PM »

I'm torn between special interests or being a judge.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 06:51:40 PM »

OK, I'm a special interest then Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 06:55:52 PM »

I'll need to think of one.

Does it need to be an actual one?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 04:36:05 PM »

Special Interest: GreenPlanet (fictional environmental lobby group, loosely based on the Sierra Club)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 03:51:52 PM »

GreenPlanet will organize a debate in Iowa on environmental and energy issues. Dems and Reps will hold separate debates.

Candidates are encouraged to PM me if they are interested to participate.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 09:56:16 PM »

GreenPlanet will organize a debate in Iowa on environmental and energy issues. Dems and Reps will hold separate debates.

Candidates are encouraged to PM me if they are interested to participate.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 07:15:52 PM »

I resign GreenPlanet and I'll start a polling company! Nobody cares about GreenPlanet and the debate.

More on my polling group later. I'll most likely focus on smaller states rarely polled and other stuff.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 02:37:38 PM »

Could each candidate make a list of all the states they have visited so I can make some realistic polls for a few states?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 08:00:29 PM »

This is in dire needs of rules, guidance etc., if you understand what I mean.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 06:36:17 PM »

I have no clue. Except fezzy sweeping the Republican one because he's the only one who cared about this game.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 06:40:02 PM »

For one major reason. I really don't know in-depth where all candidates stand on all the important issues. At the very least, candidates should fill out a President Forever-like platform thingee to get a feel of their ideology and how they'd fit it in with the various ideological divides in each state. As of now, a bunch of candidates saying "I'm campaigning in Iowa on this and that" is all cool and nice, but doesn't tell me, as a judge, much about their platform and so forth.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 06:51:30 PM »

What's your position on ethanol (sorry if you already covered it earlier in this thread, probably I lost track)?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 07:25:49 PM »

For one major reason. I really don't know in-depth where all candidates stand on all the important issues. At the very least, candidates should fill out a President Forever-like platform thingee to get a feel of their ideology and how they'd fit it in with the various ideological divides in each state. As of now, a bunch of candidates saying "I'm campaigning in Iowa on this and that" is all cool and nice, but doesn't tell me, as a judge, much about their platform and so forth.

I really don't like that myself. I think it has to do with a misinterpretation of what I said. I alluded to campaigning, but I envisioned posting a speech rather than just posting about campaigning.

But this isn't my game. It's yours.

Then let's get the game back on track together after Iowa.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 07:15:33 AM »

I was going to post my predictions, which weren't similar to your results, but you beat me to them.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 12:53:58 PM »

Sensei drops out of the race and endorses NDN, for we need a humble candidate for the presidency.

Would you be interested in helping me and Xahar try to restructure this game to make it realistic, fun, and good?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 02:23:22 PM »

I'm against re-starting it too, FTR. But if this continues to be just "so and so is here campaigning on this and that" messages, then it will be very hard to see the actual bases, strengths and so forth for the candidates. I'm proposing that all players be required to post their platform, post transcripts of actual speeches/TV ads/etc., and their activities in-depth from now on. Then we'd get a good feel of who they are, what they stand for and how those positions would play out in various caucuses and primaries.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 03:23:09 PM »

Sounds good.  It probably makes the most sense to use the P4E platform outlines so we can have a clear comparison between candidates.  Agreed?

Yes.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 08:58:24 PM »

Screw polling, Senator Alex Parsons of Oregon has made a late entry into the Republican contest!

I want to get involved in this game, it might become fun with some contested races on both sides and actual stuff being done as to platforms and speeches!

Platform etc. soon!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 05:47:15 AM »

Senator Parsons in Detroit, Michigan

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Senator Parsons has also released TV ads in Michigan on the economy and thanks voters in New Hampshire for giving him a second place finish despite a late entry into the campaign.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 06:38:53 AM »

Abortion: Keep abortion as it is presently. Safe, legal, and rare. Keep partial-birth abortion legal.

Balanced Budget: We need to curb spending in order to balance the budget. Respect taxpayers' dollars.

Buisness Tax: Reduce taxes for small businesses.

Education: Support our public school system by increasing funding. Extra focus on post-secondary studies.

Energy: Invest in clean energy and end oil company subsidies. Oppose any ethanol requirements for fuel.

Environment: The environment and global warming is a major concern. Increase environmental regulations and try to meet set goals for CO2 reduction.

Gun Control: Ban assault rifles, require background checks but no gun registration.

Health Care: Require health insurance for every child and senior citizen.

Homeland Security: Homeland security is a top priority. Fight terrorism.

Immigration: Continue fighting illegal immigration, but legalize illegals with the necessary skills, jobs, and clean past criminal record.

Iran: Use economic sanctions and negotiate (not unconditionally). War as last resort.

Iraq War: Gradually and slowly reduce troop numbers through a timeline for phased withdrawal.

Personal Tax: Reduce income tax for the lower and middle class.

Same Sex Marriage: Oppose SSM, but support civil unions.

Unions: Labor demands must be balanced with business concerns.

War on Terrorism: Increase troop numbers in Afghanistan to fight Al-Qaeda there.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 10:44:37 AM »

Senator Parsons is turning his attention to Nevada and South Carolina. New ads are to be released in those states focusing on the economy and immigration. Senator Parsons will be in Las Vegas, NV later today.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 07:30:04 AM »

Senator Parsons will be campaigning in Maine for a day before moving on to campaign in California, New York, New Jersey, MA, and Illinois.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 06:50:30 PM »

Senator Parsons is campaigning in Maine on foreign policy

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 06:51:36 PM »

Senator Parsons will be flying to California later tonight to hold a fundraiser and barnstorm.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 07:00:01 AM »

Senator Parsons is running ads on the economy and gas prices in all Super Tuesday states

Senator Parsons is barnstorming in California and New York.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies