Atlas Forum '08: February 8-11 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:25:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Forum '08: February 8-11 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Atlas Forum '08: February 8-11  (Read 71434 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« on: May 06, 2008, 11:09:18 PM »

I am HappyWarrior, Democratic Governor of Maryland.  My first campaign stop will be in Des Moines, Iowa.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 08:07:32 AM »

Currently speaking in Des Moines, Iowa on the importance of unions to the American working man, with short side tracks about environmental policy.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 10:50:35 AM »

Governor HappyWarrior is discussing the need for a renewed, stronger effort in Afganistan along with a slow and steady withdrawl from Iraq at the University of Iowa.

"I know everyone would like to get out of that quagmire in Iraq which should never have began, but in order to do it safely for both our troops and the American people, it must be done gradually.  Meanwhile we must increase our troop numbers in Afganistan to once and for all eliminate Al Qaeda as a threat in the region, and to capture Osama Bin Laden which the current administration has failed to do."
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 12:13:18 PM »

Governor HappyWarrior, hoping to widen his lead in the early caucus date continues to campaign in Iowa.  This time he makes a speech on the environment, largly based around how he hopes to improve the nation's watersupply.   He will be in Nevada later tonight for a meeting and speech with union leaders in the state.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 04:38:57 PM »

Governor HappyWarrior is speaking to union members in Nevada:

"I have stood by your sides in picket lines, throughout this nation I have been a constant supporter of the right for men to be parts of unions and to stand up for your rights.  This nation's working man must be of one mind and one heart againest those who would deny you your rights.  I hope that come January you will vote for me and that I, the son of a union member, will be the president of the working man."

After his meeting and speech the Governor flies home to Maryland to sign legislation just out of the Maryland Senate to clean up the Chesapeake Bay, calling it, "a great step in the right direction".
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 07:34:25 PM »

HappyWarrior is speaking in California on more protectionist policies in America and his plan to eliminate NAFTA in America.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 04:55:30 PM »

HappyWarrior is in New Orleans speaking on disaster relief and poverty.

"It saddens me to no end that this beautiful city was so devistated not so long ago.  When I am elected president I swear that I will work to hold accountable those who allowed this disaster to be worse than it ever should have been.  At the same time I will put in place strong measures to prevent such a thing from ever happening again.  All the while we must remember the real problems here.  The poverty, the racial tension, the crime must all be dealt with not only hear but in all of America's big cities.  Thank you for your time and god bless America!"
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 11:21:29 PM »

Governor HappyWarrior returns to Iowa for a speech on farm subsidies.

"I am not one of those Washington folks who would want to get rid of subsidies entirely, I know that agriculture as of late has not been a growth industry persay.  However I do feel they should be more equally distributed to help out small family farms rather than big multi-national corporations who simply have a few acres of corn to get a subsidy."
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 11:25:51 PM »

HappyWarrior begins running agriculture ads throught the midwest, particularlly Iowa, Kansas, Illinois, and Missouri.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 02:34:43 PM »

HappyWarrior returns again to Iowa and speaks at a local Des Moines school on the subject of education, calling for universal pre-k and increased pay for teachers saying, "they are the ones who educate our doctors and our lawyers, don't they deserve at least a close level of salary?"
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 02:52:15 PM »

Maryland, Nevada, Iowa extensively, California, Louisiana, and am now running ads throughout the Midwest and planning to begin a speaking tour of the south on the twentieth.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 10:41:30 PM »

Governor HappyWarrior campaigns in Charleston, South Carolina, highlighting the issue of free speech in America.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 10:25:43 AM »

Governor HappyWarrior is speaking in Greensboro, North Carolina about campaign finance reform.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 10:31:33 PM »

Governor HappyWarrior is speaking on a campaign stop in Richmond, Virginia on military funding.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 11:49:02 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2008, 01:36:50 PM by Governor HappyWarrior »

Governor HappyWarrior is in Frankfort, Kentuckey speaking on gun control.  Specifically he highlights the need to eliminate assault rifles but allow responsible gun ownership for all other guns saying, "You don't fire an AK when you go deer hunting."
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »

HappyWarrior is in Knoxville, Tennessee making a speech about farm subsidies and the need to make them better for the average American farmer, rather than big corporations.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 09:59:35 PM »

Governor HappyWarrior is in Little Rock, Arkansas campaigning on his experiences as governor and his successful elimination of the death penalty during his term in Maryland.  However he does make a minor gaffe during the speech saying, "if it is so right to kill killers then why don't we rape rapists and torture torturers?"  Many news networks only broadcast the highlighted portion at which point Warrior supporters call foul and due to this the networks take this off the air and the damage is reversed, many seeing the Governor as someone willing to do anything for a just cause and being nailed to the cross for it.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 01:33:42 PM »

Governor HappyWarrior campaigns in St. Louis, Missouri on the need for an outsider president not in the pockets of lobbyists.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 09:16:37 AM »

Governor HappyWarrior is back in Iowa campaigning on the need for Universal Health Care and explaining the ways in which his plan will work.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2008, 10:13:32 PM »

Governor HappyWarrior is in Salina, Kansas highlighting his small town roots as well as his connections to the western part of the country.  Numerous members of his family from both Missouri and Kansas also appear.

This is made into an ad that appears from Illinois to Oregon.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 10:13:56 PM »

How can you be running NATIONAL ads.  There is no guarentee yet that you are in the top tier of candidates(The only people with that kind of money.  Anybody without that kind of status would be broke in a week but ben for example is putting out one or two national ads every three days)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 11:51:33 PM »

Governor HappyWarrior campaigns in Sioux City, Iowa of the environment.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 10:37:27 AM »

HappyWarrior is campaigning in Charleston, South Carolina about equalizing the tax code in America so that everyone will pay the same percent of taxes, or the poor pay less.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 06:43:39 PM »

Governor HappyWarrior drops out after his third place Iowa showing, not yet endorsing any candidate.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 08:58:30 AM »

Governor HappyWarrior of Maryland, still feeling he has some push in the country, especially in his own state, steps out on the steps of the Maryland Governor's Mansion to make his endorsement speech, finally. 

"I today would like to give my official endorsement and would encourage my delegates to go to a certain candidate.  This candidate is both my good friend and a man I feel can represent exactly what America is in need of today, change and ability.  Today I would like to endorse Senator Conor Flynn!"
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies