Drivers licenses for illegal aliens
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:55:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Drivers licenses for illegal aliens
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Should drivers licenses be issued to illegal aliens?
Yes

No

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Drivers licenses for illegal aliens  (Read 2246 times)
NDN
Uganda

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 07:41:10 AM »

And yes, it makes perfect sense (regarding licenses).

How does breaking immigration laws have anything to do with learning traffic laws? Why would an illegal be incapable of doing that? By licensing them at least you know who they are when they bump into you on the road.

You state that understanding the rules should make you eligible for a license.  Well, if you can't understand the rule to make you a legal resident of the state/country you are trying to get a license in, how can they trust you to understand the rules of the road?  There is no reason that any state should give an illegal alien a license.  If they show up at the DMV for a license, they should be swept up and deported.  It's just like a criminal turning themselves in at the police station.
I know. That's what boggles my mind about this. If we're going to license and register these people like regular citizens we might as well just open the borders. It sends the exact same message at the end of the day. 'Safety' my ass.
Storebought
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 07:52:17 AM »

As long as drivers licences are used as a form of ID and are used to establish residency, then no, I do not support them for undocumented aliens.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies