Predicted your state in Nov. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:52:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Predicted your state in Nov. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predicted your state in Nov.  (Read 7706 times)
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« on: May 07, 2008, 02:51:53 PM »

Connecticut:

McCain: 52%
Obama: 48%

House: Democrats pick up 1 seat.
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 03:14:43 PM »

Connecticut:

McCain: 52%
Obama: 48%

House: Democrats pick up 1 seat.

One of these things is not like the other.

Not sure what you mean.  McCain is very popular in Connecticut.  Obama has a hardcore following but is generally unpopular outside of the really liberal areas and cities with a large black population.  So I think he'll probably lose. 

But the Republicans will probably lose the 4th district because of changing demographics in the district and the Democrats have a well funded opponent.
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 07:46:59 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2008, 07:48:30 PM by SomeLawStudent »

Not as bad as the clown who thought McCain would win CT.

Wow, what a pleasant attitude, you're so cool and edgy, no wonder half your party is defecting to McCain with people like you shooting their mouth.
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 02:52:51 AM »

Although Clinton folks have said they won't vote for Obama in the GE, they will.  Most of them anyway.  Not the racists though.

Not voting for Obama makes one a racist?  Does that mean that black men who voted for Obama by a 97% to 2% margin in Pennsylvania, are racist?
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 03:10:09 AM »

Not voting for Obama makes one a racist?  Does that mean that black men who voted for Obama by a 97% to 2% margin in Pennsylvania, are racist?

Cute - you noted in another thread that both candidates are 95% identical on issues.  So it seems rational to you that 97% of black men in Pennsylvania voted for Barack Obama over someone who had identical stands on issues.  Yet you claim Clinton supporters voting for McCain are racist.  People like you are exactly why I'm voting for McCain.
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 03:19:07 AM »

People like you are exactly why I'm voting for McCain.

People like you are idiots.

No, political extremists like some of you are idiots.
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 03:27:56 AM »

Of the Whites who said race was important (a small amount), 78% went for Clinton.  I don't know how you could misinterpret my post as "Clinton people who don't support Obama are racist" since I said most of the Clinton supporters would vote for the D.  Not the racists.  I did not say Clinton people = racists.  I suppose that since you are an I, that you are more loyal to Clinton than the Dem Party, which may partially explain your weak justification for voting McCain over Obama, whose policy positions are almost identical to Clinton's. 

LOL - do you actually read responses so UN-carefully?

"Not voting for Obama makes one a racist?"

I did not say you said voting for Clinton makes one a racist.  My comment was in direct response to your comment regarding people who voted for Clinton and then were voting for McCain.  You called these people racist.  I was clearly referencing people who are voting for McCain and not voting for Obama.  It's absurd to call these [likely] millions of people racist because they won't support a black candidate.  Again, is it racist that 97% of blacks males in PA supported Obama when Clinton's policy positions are "almost identical."  I have also listed in several other threads, policy reasons where Clinton and Obama differ - where I don't like Obama's position and find John McCain's preferable.
SomeLawStudent
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM »

Although Clinton folks have said they won't vote for Obama in the GE, they will.  Most of them anyway.  Not the racists though.

I agree.

It was my racist coming out.

Math you too? God I didn't know Hillary had so many supporters on here. You do realize that a McCain victory goes against everything she has ever stood for, right?

She stood for the Iraq War.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies