Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 09:37:53 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2008 Elections
| | |-+  Will Hillary drop out on May 13th or very shortly after?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Is she out on May 13th or very shortly after?
Yes   -8 (29.6%)
No   -19 (70.4%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Will Hillary drop out on May 13th or very shortly after?  (Read 1952 times)
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2008, 05:03:59 pm »
Ignore

I think so. She'll have a nice sending off party, making it seem like she went out on a high note.

Her campaign will see its end just 24 hours after my 20th birthday.  Tongue

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 05:05:11 pm »
Ignore

I think so. She'll have a nice sending off party, making it seem like she went out on a high note.

No "crying" smiley, Phil Wink   She was the Republican's only hope, remember?  Roll Eyes

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

ChrisFromNJ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 05:05:44 pm »
Ignore

No. She will take this to the convention. I believe that is what her campaign is proposing now too.
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 05:07:12 pm »
Ignore

No -she will be out within the first week of June. 

MasterJedi
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: 6.43

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 05:07:52 pm »
Ignore

No, if we're lucky she'll take it to the convention and lose to Obama there.

Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 05:08:03 pm »
Ignore

No. She will take this to the convention. I believe that is what her campaign is proposing now too.

I think they have to say that, honestly.  You may be right and the Clintons are 'never say die' people when they're down, but if she wants any hope of a future she has to withdraw before the Convention, IMO

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 05:08:36 pm »
Ignore

No "crying" smiley, Phil Wink   She was the Republican's only hope, remember?  Roll Eyes

I never once said or led anyone to believe she was the GOP's only hope. I thought she'd be easier to beat (but that's something I wonder about these days) and I would rather see her go down in a General and send the Obama people away bitter as soon as possible.

At this point, you won't get a Sad from me, yet another bit of proof for any clown that thinks I genuinely liked her. The only thing that should truly bother any Republican is that they probably won't be fighting this out much longer. At the same time, though, I like that our battle has been set for us.

emergingDmajority1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 05:11:47 pm »
Ignore

you've come this far, take it all the way to the convention

Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 05:13:04 pm »
Ignore

I never once said or led anyone to believe she was the GOP's only hope. I thought she'd be easier to beat (but that's something I wonder about these days) and I would rather see her go down in a General and send the Obama people away bitter as soon as possible.

At this point, you won't get a Sad from me, yet another bit of proof for any clown that thinks I genuinely liked her. The only thing that should truly bother any Republican is that they probably won't be fighting this out much longer. At the same time, though, I like that our battle has been set for us.

I was just joshin' ya.  Now we just need to remember to wish you a Happy Birthday on the 12th!  Maybe Rick will stop by for some cake and ice cream.  Wink  

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 05:14:01 pm »
Ignore

Now we just need to remember to wish you a Happy Birthday on the 12th!  Maybe Rick will stop by for some cake and ice cream.  Wink  

I think he'll be too busy recovering from his birthday celebrations. He's turning 50 this year. He was born on May 10th.  Tongue

True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 05:15:10 pm »
Ignore

No -she will be out within the first week of June. 

Agreed.  She won't drop out before June 3.  Unless an unexpected wave of superdelegates commit sooner than the last primary, Obama won't have clinched it until then.

My ballot:
Ervin(I) Gov.
Sellers(D) Lt. Gov.
Hammond(R) Sec. of State
Diggs(D) Att. Gen.
Herbert(D) Comptroller Gen.
Spearman(R) Supt. of Education
DeFelice(American) Commissioner of Agriculture
Hutto(D/Working Families) US Sen (full)
Scott(R) US Sen (special)
Geddings(Labor) US House SC-2
Quinn(R) SC House District 69
TBD: Lex 1 School Board
Yes: Am. 1 (allow charity raffles)
No: Am. 2 (end election of the Adj. General)
No: Local Sales Tax
Yes: Temp Beer/Wine Permits
nyquil_man

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 05:23:28 pm »
Ignore

If she wouldn't drop out after a razor-thin margin in Indiana and a king-sized asskicking in North Carolina, she won't drop out after winning big in West Virginia.

No, I think she's in this until the last dog dies.
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 06:21:57 pm »
Ignore

no reason for her to get out.

she doesnt have anything to lose.  she might as well contest the remaining primaries.

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today
Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 06:36:11 pm »
Ignore

Hillary?  Drop out?
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 08:26:17 pm »
Ignore

Why would she drop out then? WV is one of her 3 best states.
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 08:37:47 pm »
Ignore

She won't drop out till after she humiliates him in Kentucky and West Virginia. I expect she'll continue to push for Florida and Michigan to be seated. I am still amazed the Democrat party doesn't care that only 48 states will be represented at their convention after all the hubub about counting every vote in 2000.
MSUfan
Jtfdem
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 4.70

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 08:40:11 pm »
Ignore

She won't drop out till after she humiliates him in Kentucky and West Virginia. I expect she'll continue to push for Florida and Michigan to be seated. I am still amazed the Democrat party doesn't care that only 48 states will be represented at their convention after all the hubub about counting every vote in 2000.

WE DONT WANT TO BE REPRESENTED!!!!!!!!! 

NOBODY HERE CARES.

She'll drop out after Oregon.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 09:50:18 pm »
Ignore

Why would she drop out then? WV is one of her 3 best states.

She'd go out on a high note after losing a lot of superdelegates within the next week, effectively ending the race.

The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 09:59:57 pm »
Ignore

Eh...like Dr. Dean says, there are conflicting principles here: being fair to the voters, who aren't to blame for their politicians not following the rules, and being fair to the candidates, who didn't campaign in the states out of respect for the DNC's ruling that these states won't count.  There will be a compromise.  FL/MI will be seated somewhere between the results of the primary and the 50/50 Barack would like to see, in some way or shape.  I personally am fond of seating both their delegations as half-delegates like Guam and Samoa, and reinstating their supers.  We'll see...but FL/MI won't change the final outcome.

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout