Will Hillary drop out on May 13th or very shortly after?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:27:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Will Hillary drop out on May 13th or very shortly after?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is she out on May 13th or very shortly after?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Will Hillary drop out on May 13th or very shortly after?  (Read 2953 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2008, 05:03:59 PM »

I think so. She'll have a nice sending off party, making it seem like she went out on a high note.

Her campaign will see its end just 24 hours after my 20th birthday.  Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 05:05:11 PM »

I think so. She'll have a nice sending off party, making it seem like she went out on a high note.

No "crying" smiley, Phil Wink   She was the Republican's only hope, remember?  Roll Eyes
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 05:05:44 PM »

No. She will take this to the convention. I believe that is what her campaign is proposing now too.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 05:07:12 PM »

No -she will be out within the first week of June. 
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 05:07:52 PM »

No, if we're lucky she'll take it to the convention and lose to Obama there.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 05:08:03 PM »

No. She will take this to the convention. I believe that is what her campaign is proposing now too.

I think they have to say that, honestly.  You may be right and the Clintons are 'never say die' people when they're down, but if she wants any hope of a future she has to withdraw before the Convention, IMO
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 05:08:36 PM »

No "crying" smiley, Phil Wink   She was the Republican's only hope, remember?  Roll Eyes

I never once said or led anyone to believe she was the GOP's only hope. I thought she'd be easier to beat (but that's something I wonder about these days) and I would rather see her go down in a General and send the Obama people away bitter as soon as possible.

At this point, you won't get a Sad from me, yet another bit of proof for any clown that thinks I genuinely liked her. The only thing that should truly bother any Republican is that they probably won't be fighting this out much longer. At the same time, though, I like that our battle has been set for us.
emergingDmajority1
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 05:11:47 PM »

you've come this far, take it all the way to the convention
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 05:13:04 PM »

I never once said or led anyone to believe she was the GOP's only hope. I thought she'd be easier to beat (but that's something I wonder about these days) and I would rather see her go down in a General and send the Obama people away bitter as soon as possible.

At this point, you won't get a Sad from me, yet another bit of proof for any clown that thinks I genuinely liked her. The only thing that should truly bother any Republican is that they probably won't be fighting this out much longer. At the same time, though, I like that our battle has been set for us.

I was just joshin' ya.  Now we just need to remember to wish you a Happy Birthday on the 12th!  Maybe Rick will stop by for some cake and ice cream.  Wink  
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 05:14:01 PM »

Now we just need to remember to wish you a Happy Birthday on the 12th!  Maybe Rick will stop by for some cake and ice cream.  Wink  

I think he'll be too busy recovering from his birthday celebrations. He's turning 50 this year. He was born on May 10th.  Tongue
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 05:15:10 PM »

No -she will be out within the first week of June. 

Agreed.  She won't drop out before June 3.  Unless an unexpected wave of superdelegates commit sooner than the last primary, Obama won't have clinched it until then.
nyquil_man
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -2.61

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 05:23:28 PM »

If she wouldn't drop out after a razor-thin margin in Indiana and a king-sized asskicking in North Carolina, she won't drop out after winning big in West Virginia.

No, I think she's in this until the last dog dies.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 06:21:57 PM »

no reason for her to get out.

she doesnt have anything to lose.  she might as well contest the remaining primaries.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 06:36:11 PM »

Hillary?  Drop out?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 08:26:17 PM »

Why would she drop out then? WV is one of her 3 best states.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 08:37:47 PM »

She won't drop out till after she humiliates him in Kentucky and West Virginia. I expect she'll continue to push for Florida and Michigan to be seated. I am still amazed the Democrat party doesn't care that only 48 states will be represented at their convention after all the hubub about counting every vote in 2000.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 08:40:11 PM »

She won't drop out till after she humiliates him in Kentucky and West Virginia. I expect she'll continue to push for Florida and Michigan to be seated. I am still amazed the Democrat party doesn't care that only 48 states will be represented at their convention after all the hubub about counting every vote in 2000.

WE DONT WANT TO BE REPRESENTED!!!!!!!!! 

NOBODY HERE CARES.

She'll drop out after Oregon.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 09:50:18 PM »

Why would she drop out then? WV is one of her 3 best states.

She'd go out on a high note after losing a lot of superdelegates within the next week, effectively ending the race.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 09:59:57 PM »

Eh...like Dr. Dean says, there are conflicting principles here: being fair to the voters, who aren't to blame for their politicians not following the rules, and being fair to the candidates, who didn't campaign in the states out of respect for the DNC's ruling that these states won't count.  There will be a compromise.  FL/MI will be seated somewhere between the results of the primary and the 50/50 Barack would like to see, in some way or shape.  I personally am fond of seating both their delegations as half-delegates like Guam and Samoa, and reinstating their supers.  We'll see...but FL/MI won't change the final outcome.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies