Hillary booed at WV speech (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:21:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Hillary booed at WV speech (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary booed at WV speech  (Read 15575 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: May 08, 2008, 12:28:02 AM »

It is also ironic given the smooth ride the current President, who comes from a real dynasty, was given on his path to the White House in 2000.

I recall plenty of jokes about "daddy's little President".
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 10:35:46 AM »

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/campaignmatters/318585/a_change_is_gonna_come

Excerpt from Obama's speech YESTERDAY:

"Obama spoke of dignity and work and the America he loves. He spoke of the America that isn't about game playing or slicing and dicing and name calling or spin and division and distraction"

I'm sure Obama will follow up with these name-callers as he's trying to change politics as usual.

Clearly, candidates are responsible for policing every person who might be supporting them and forcing people into line. You're really amazing at grasping at straws to hate Obama for.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 12:29:07 PM »

Meanwhile, in Bizarro World, where Hillary Clinton looks set to clinch the nomination over an ailing Barack Obama:

Believe it or not, people don't like to be called sexist and take such charges very seriously.  Maybe playing gender politics in the Democratic Primary will help you but this is going to be horrendous for your candidate in the Fall when you guys start calling people sexist.

If this was real, you'd have an excellent point.  But it's not.  Thanks.

http://taylormarsh.com/

If you think it wouldn't be happening...
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 12:35:03 PM »

Meanwhile, in Bizarro World, where Hillary Clinton looks set to clinch the nomination over an ailing Barack Obama:

Believe it or not, people don't like to be called sexist and take such charges very seriously.  Maybe playing gender politics in the Democratic Primary will help you but this is going to be horrendous for your candidate in the Fall when you guys start calling people sexist.

If this was real, you'd have an excellent point.  But it's not.  Thanks.

http://taylormarsh.com/

If you think it wouldn't be happening...

I'm not sure what that shows.  Most of that blog was devoted to criticizing the harassing messages they're receiving from Obama supporters.

Read Taylor Marsh again. See the constant references to the media "keeping women down", and how terrible people were for not letting Clinton "be a woman". Taylor Marsh is already telling everyone that it's sexism!
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 12:44:55 PM »

But look, I just gave you a Clinton supporter, and a very vocal one, who calls those who dislike Clinton sexists. You may not have experienced it because you supported her, but I certainly have. I also don't appreciate be called naive, having "white guilt", or any of the other slurs commonly thrown by Clinton backers. Ultimately, though, it's irrelevant to the candidates themselves.

I don't like Clinton for a very different reason, because I think she is in attitude and style the most similar to Bush--unwilling to consider any opinions but her own--and I think that's dangerous.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 01:09:41 PM »

But look, I just gave you a Clinton supporter, and a very vocal one, who calls those who dislike Clinton sexists. You may not have experienced it because you supported her, but I certainly have. I also don't appreciate be called naive, having "white guilt", or any of the other slurs commonly thrown by Clinton backers. Ultimately, though, it's irrelevant to the candidates themselves.

I don't like Clinton for a very different reason, because I think she is in attitude and style the most similar to Bush--unwilling to consider any opinions but her own--and I think that's dangerous.

I'll be the first to call her comments wrong.  Not many Obama supporters are standing up and calling out the people who are calling McCain backers racist.

Again, I supported Obama for about a month and a half, even as the primary was starting to get very heated.  I was never personally called a sexist by a lay supporter I talked to online or in person.  I have now supported Hillary for about 2 months and I've probably talked to about 40-50 Obama Supported (4 in the last day on this website) who have either called me personally a racist or EVERYONE who supported Clinton who is now supporting McCain a racist.

The difference between the mass of supporters could not be any more clear.  Ironically though, the vast majority of the Obama supporters playing the race card have been white.

Fine, you're intent on being the victim. The fact that some Obama supporters heckled you shouldn't have anything to do with your vote. They were being stupid; there are stupid people everywhere. I often hear Clinton supporters tell me that my own support, or those of other Obama supporters, is arbitrary and based on faulty reasoning--that sounds like an awfully arbitrary decision on your part.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 05:20:13 PM »

White people have voted for white candidates. They rarely get the opportunity to do otherwise, and unlike black voters, they have not established a record of crossing the racial barrier and voting for someone of another race.

Was Deval Patrick elected only by blacks?  J.C. Watts?  Doug Wilder? 

Spurious. Obama gets a huge number of white votes as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies