Opinion of afleitch?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 03:52:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of afleitch?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Opinion of afleitch?
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Opinion of afleitch?  (Read 5656 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2008, 03:14:42 PM »

I would seriously be surprised if anyone voted HP for him. Great person.

I'm guessing jmfcst and AHDuke99 will, if they ever find the poll.

actually, I serious doubt that in all my years on this forum I have ever referred to anyone on earth as "horrible". We are ALL sinners who have fallen short of the glory of God.  But I certainly wouldn't call afleitch a freedom fighter because he has closed the door on freedom.

Care to explain what you mean by that?

he claims, as a Christian, that sexual orientation can't be changed, even though he knows there are biblical references of people doing so.

no need for margins when it is plainly stated:

Rom 1:26 God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

regardless of what context you want to spin into it, these people "exchanged' or "abandoned" one sexual orientation preference for another...so it is possible.  And if it is possible for people to corrupt their sexual orientation with their own lusts, then Christ can obviously uncorrupt it for them.

Anyway, that's my piece on the matter. I don't want to have to go three all those passages with you again while you get all het up about things.

Andrew,

Take a deep breath and try to be open minded.  I think you should, rather than responding with the silly idea of taking Scripture in context, take a serious look at some of the research being done in Evangelical circles.  Here's a study that might interest you.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0602/lisping.html
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2008, 04:04:52 PM »

Oh no, it's jmfcst.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2008, 04:13:26 PM »

And this thread has gone from a celebration of Andrew's awesomeness to a Christian intervention.  Awesome x 10.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2008, 10:20:08 PM »

By the by -- my post above was meant sarcastically.  I wanted to make sure everyone knew that, just in case they weren't familiar with landover baptist and thought I might have been sniping at Andrew.  Read the link.  It's an absolute riot.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2008, 11:32:14 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2008, 12:03:30 PM by Torie »

By the by -- my post above was meant sarcastically.  I wanted to make sure everyone knew that, just in case they weren't familiar with landover baptist and thought I might have been sniping at Andrew.  Read the link.  It's an absolute riot.

Your otherwise flawless  character is only despoiled by trolling the gutters of theological excesses. But I know it is perhaps an irresistible impulse, and that is a "defense" of sorts (it really was in that Jimmy Stewart movie, Anatomy of a  Murder (rent it, if you have not seen it!)). At least you haven't subjected us to Fred Phelps yet. Tongue
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2008, 02:52:54 PM »

Your otherwise flawless  character is only despoiled by trolling the gutters of theological excesses. But I know it is perhaps an irresistible impulse, and that is a "defense" of sorts (it really was in that Jimmy Stewart movie, Anatomy of a  Murder (rent it, if you have not seen it!)). At least you haven't subjected us to Fred Phelps yet. Tongue

LOL -- Landover is a complete farce.  It's sorta like The Onion on religious acid and it's meant to make fun of "religious nutters".  No one enjoys it more than an ex-religious nutter like me.

As to "Anatomy of a Murder"....

"Panties!   There.....I said it."
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies