Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2014, 09:27:31 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2008 Elections
| | |-+  Idea
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Idea  (Read 2223 times)
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2008, 09:58:41 pm »
Ignore

This board has degenerated into name-calling and flame wars. There are three types here; leftist Clinton/McCainiacs, rightist Clinton/McCainiacs, and us. No group will convince the other.

Therefre, I propose that this board be moved to the Election Archives and locked.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 10:07:32 pm »
Ignore

This board has degenerated into name-calling and flame wars. There are three types here; leftist Clinton/McCainiacs, rightist Clinton/McCainiacs, and us. No group will convince the other.

Therefre, I propose that this board be moved to the Election Archives and locked.

Who is this "us" character?  Is that like "us vs. them"?  Sounds a lot like Bush-talk, if you ask me.
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 10:07:56 pm »
Ignore

But if this board is locked, where will the discussions of whether Massachusetts and Oklahoma are in play take place?

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 10:08:56 pm »
Ignore

if this board is locked where in gods name am i going to go to discuss the 2008 presidential election
MSUfan
Jtfdem
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 4.70

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 10:11:06 pm »
Ignore

No more idea's from you, Xahar!
Volatilesaff
MATCHU[D]
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 10:12:18 pm »
Ignore

No more idea's from you, Xahar!

Hes basically right though....

Warren '16!
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 10:36:45 pm »
Ignore

Who is this "us" character?  Is that like "us vs. them"?  Sounds a lot like Bush-talk, if you ask me.

Don't you see? Bush-talk wins elections! Wink

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 10:54:03 pm »
Ignore

Don't you see? Bush-talk wins elections! Wink

But loses the popular vote.

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 11:54:27 pm »
Ignore

Bush is old news now.  "We" are the Oborga and you will assimilate with "us" or be destroyed.

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 12:21:38 am »
Ignore

If the Forum were shut down, you might have to sublimate yourself and start chasing "wimmin," or revet to commencing heavy substance abuse or something. I don't think you want to go there. You know what?  One of the greatest joys in life I have found, is trying and sometimes successfully engaging folks with whom I disagree, and becoming friends. In the process each influences the other to the better, and both become, well, much "nuanced." Trust this old man on this one, if you can.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 12:27:39 am by Torie »Logged
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 12:22:49 am »
Ignore

If the Forum were shut down, you might have to sublimate yourself and start chasing "wimmin", or revet to commencing heavy substance abuse or something. I don't think you want to go there. You know what?  One of the greatest joys in life I have found, is trying and somethings successfully engaging folks with whom I disagree, and becoming friends. In the process each influences the other to the better, and both become, well, much "nuanced." Trust this old man on this one, if you can.

Not this forum. Just this board. It's scary.

Update reading list

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 12:27:00 am »
Ignore

You mean shutting down a discussion of this presidential election? 
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 12:54:34 am »
Ignore

You mean shutting down a discussion of this presidential election? 

Yessir!

Update reading list

zombones

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 01:00:08 am »
Ignore

Close this subforum or get more moderation, since flamewars tend to spring up too often to make a topic readable.

john mccain is going to lose
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 07:44:11 am »
Ignore

I mean, we've always had quite a bit of hacks, like BRTD, AHDuke, ChrisfromNJ, jesmo, but things haven't really been this bad until our supposed lawyer friend from CT showed up. He's the one starting all the fights right now.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 07:56:28 am by Franzl »Logged
MODU
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 07:49:23 am »
Ignore

All of you should just abandon any party affiliation and support Adams/Hargis '08!  If you really want change, vote for them!

Attention bloggers:  Join SeededBuzz and gain access to thousands of new readers.  Simply paste a link and summary of your article for community members to link back to, drawing more activity to your site.  Membership is FREE!

Visit MODU's Musings

"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done and President Bush, let them go to hell." - Betty Dawisha, Iraqi vote
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 01:07:31 pm »
Ignore

So there are no Obama supporters who are being disruptive? Or are they considered "us?"
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 01:50:21 pm »
Ignore

So there are no Obama supporters who are being disruptive? Or are they considered "us?"

Which Obama supporters are being disruptive? I saw one person being disruptive yesterday and it was  overpayedlawstudent
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 05:27:32 pm »
Ignore

Jokes aside, there's a serious point being made.

Update reading list

muon2
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 05:41:57 pm »
Ignore

We had a few disruptive posters during the 2004 cycle as well (nomorelies comes to mind). I would expect that as the election approaches strong partisan feelings will continue to intensify. However, some of the most partisan posters have also given rise to some of the most memorable threads (e.g. mypalfish Cheesy).

In the heat of the campaign it will seem like this is the most important campaign of one's lifetime to more than a few posters. Candidates will even claim it to be so. My experience is that has been the case for each of the dozen I've been alive for. Reality is that campaigns are intense, similar to others, but unique in their own way. They usually play out like a roller coaster, so why not stay on for the ride?

I have faith that the forum will make this board one worth reading and maintaining, just like 2004.

Lunar Eclipse of April 15, 2014 with the star Spica.
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 05:44:23 pm »
Ignore

And, jokes aside, wherever are we going to discuss whether Massachusetts and Oklahoma are swing states?  Or whether North Dakota is swinging Obama or Oregon to McCain?  Or whether HRC's become the new George Wallace?

PS, muon...all the dozen others?  What about, say, 1996?  Did anyone at the time feel that race was important?

muon2
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 06:02:56 pm »
Ignore

And, jokes aside, wherever are we going to discuss whether Massachusetts and Oklahoma are swing states?  Or whether North Dakota is swinging Obama or Oregon to McCain?  Or whether HRC's become the new George Wallace?

PS, muon...all the dozen others?  What about, say, 1996?  Did anyone at the time feel that race was important?

Among some social conservatives, Clinton's escapades were enough for them to think that the moral fabric of the nation was at grave risk if he won a second term.

Lunar Eclipse of April 15, 2014 with the star Spica.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout