no swiftboat, no AWOL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:41:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  no swiftboat, no AWOL
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: no swiftboat, no AWOL  (Read 1729 times)
bushforever
bushwillwin

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2004, 10:16:24 PM »

I don't know why Bush and Kerry can't make an agreement not to bring up their own service or to discuss each other's service (or lack thereof) in the military and ignore all independent ads.  Too bad Edwards has to whine & b!tch even after Bush condemned these type of ads, saying that Bush didn't condemn the swiftboat ad specifically.  

Bush would like to get back to the real issues, like who's the right man to protect our nation and make it stronger in 2004, not who was the right man to do it back in the 70s.  Who was the one who has prevented large-scale terrorism in the U.S. since 9/11?  Who took the battle to the terrorists and tyrants instead of waiting for them to take it to our shores?  Who built our country with faith, community, education, health care, family, and patriotism?  I think the answer is clear.  And I think that's why 3 purple hearts is all John Kerry has to run on.  I don't think voters want to know that he skipped most of the medicare votes and voted against a partial-birth abortion ban.  And it will bite him in the a$$ these next few months.

I guess I answered my own question.  Because stuff that happened 35 years ago is all John Kerry has to run on.  Either that or negative attacks against Bush.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 10:17:15 PM »

I don't know why Bush and Kerry can't make an agreement not to bring up their own service or to discuss each other's service (or lack thereof) in the military and ignore all independent ads.  Too bad Edwards has to whine & b!tch even after Bush condemned these type of ads, saying that Bush didn't condemn the swiftboat ad specifically.  

Bush would like to get back to the real issues, like who's the right man to protect our nation and make it stronger in 2004, not who was the right man to do it back in the 70s.  Who was the one who has prevented large-scale terrorism in the U.S. since 9/11?  Who took the battle to the terrorists and tyrants instead of waiting for them to take it to our shores?  Who built our country with faith, community, education, health care, family, and patriotism?  I think the answer is clear.  And I think that's why 3 purple hearts is all John Kerry has to run on.  I don't think voters want to know that he skipped most of the medicare votes and voted against a partial-birth abortion ban.  And it will bite him in the a$$ these next few months.

I guess I answered my own question.  Because stuff that happened 35 years ago is all John Kerry has to run on.  Either that or negative attacks against Bush.

Look at Bush and Kerry's websites, and tell me who is runnign the negative campaign. You hypocrites.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 10:22:29 PM »

Look at the television screen and tell me who's running the negative campaign.  Dean's "I have a scream" speech, Al Gore's freakout incident where he turns red, Michael Moore's rant at the Oscars, Kerry's monotone voice, Edwards' criticism of Bush after Bush condemned 527s and praised John Kerry's service.  Now tell me who's running the angry, pessimistic, and negative campaign.  You hypocrites.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 10:25:02 PM »

Yeah, the 63 million spent by Kerry's 527s have been really positive pro Kerry ads.  

Not.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 10:26:09 PM »

Look at the television screen and tell me who's running the negative campaign.  Dean's "I have a scream" speech, Al Gore's freakout incident where he turns red, Michael Moore's rant at the Oscars, Kerry's monotone voice, Edwards' criticism of Bush after Bush condemned 527s and praised John Kerry's service.  Now tell me who's running the angry, pessimistic, and negative campaign.  You hypocrites.
I have a scream? You do know that people at that rally could barely hear him, right?
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 10:28:35 PM »

Dean screaming could hardly be called campaigning at all....
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 10:29:09 PM »

Whatever.  Howard Dean pretty much ended his political career and sense of sanity when he said..." and we're going to new hampshire and south carolina and oklahoma....and then we're going straight to the white house...yee-hoo!!!!!!!!!!  Anybody who saw or heard that could definitely tell that the Democrats are too crazy, angry, and out of touch to be leading this country.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 10:37:01 PM »

Look at Bush and Kerry's websites, and tell me who is runnign the negative campaign. You hypocrites.

OK, I did so.  John Kerry is desperate for volunteers, he's emphasizing the Portland rally, and he says Bush is wrong for America.  George Bush wants you to host a convention party, focuses on one of his rallies, and says Kerry is wrong for America on taxes.  Much of the same if you ask me.  It looks like, 527s aside, both parties want grassroots volunteer efforts, try to get people on the bandwagon with their charismatic rally pics, and want to attack each other's record.  Yet on the news, all I hear is Kerry-Edwards still whining over swiftboats even after Bush condemned 527s and said he wanted to get back to the issues.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »

I also don't understand how "Kerry's monotone voice" is negative campaigning.

Under Bush, our country has more poverty, fewer people with health insurance, lower real wages, higher gas prices, higher tuition costs, lower job growth, and an exploding gap between rich and poor.  Our nation has become paralyzed by an irrational fear of terrorism fosted by our government, and we are hated around the world.  Not even the stock market has moved since the beginning of the year.  I'm sure Kerry would love to be able to talk about the real issues in this campaign.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 10:43:30 PM »

Great!!!  As John Kerry would say, "Bring it on!!"
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2004, 11:00:46 PM »

If only the media would agree to a campaign based on the issues....
barefootguy
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2004, 11:17:21 PM »

This thread is in the wrong forum.  There is a special forum for campaign threads.  This forums is mostly to talk about polls and who is going to win which states and such.
khirkhib

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2004, 03:06:11 AM »

funny http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war39.html
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2004, 07:21:29 AM »

Not that the media wouldn't like to cover detailed campaign messages and leave the petty stuff out [sic] but that is not what we have been given.  Yes, Bush has run negative ads towards Kerry, hitting him all over the place on his Senate Record.  That is acceptable since it defines Kerry's positions on the issues.  

Kerry, on the other hand, decided not to run on his Senate record, but rather on his war record.  He thought that would give him credibility since his Senate record wouldn't.  Bush never hit Kerry on his war record, which is why Kerry kepts bringing it up at ever campaign stop up till the DNC convention.  Now that the SwiftVets have punched some holes in his record, and created doubt in other areas, Kerry is finding himself without a base to campaign on, which is why he went on the attack accusing the SwiftVets to be working with Bush (though there are more obvious connections between MoveOn.org and the DNC).

But come next month, we'll lose all the 527 ads, and will enjoy the debates.  Both candidates will start running ads on their plans for the next 4 years, and maybe . . . just maybe . . . we'll get an idea of what we are in for.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2004, 05:25:18 PM »

How was Dean's I have a scream speech NEGATIVE? Huh

Crazy, yes, but negative? I thought it was rather positive in its tone... Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: