NE: 2008 Senatorial Democratic Primary Election Result
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:58:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NE: 2008 Senatorial Democratic Primary Election Result
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE: 2008 Senatorial Democratic Primary Election Result  (Read 4072 times)
RBH

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2008, 12:11:09 AM »

New Election: 2008 Nebraska Senatorial Democratic Primary Election Results

91 for 93.

That's a thumpin.
Mesu
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 02:07:25 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2008, 02:30:38 PM by Mesu »

It's disappointing that there wasn't even one progressive in the field of Democrats. A lot of people seem to like Kleeb but I can't figure out why. I should vote for (Green Party candidate) Steven Larrick in November. It's not like Johanns can lose this year anyways.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 02:55:55 PM »

So, other than being a secret Republican, really Italian and apparently from Platte County, what was this guy all about?  Why did the Missouri River counties hate him less viscerally?

Did he appeal to Indians somehow or is Thurston County just a blip?
RBH

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 09:27:33 PM »

Tony Raimondo was a former Republican with money.

Bush wanted him to be the 'Manufacturing Czar' and Kerry called him “Just another CEO outsourcing jobs to China while laying off American workers" at the time.

Raimondo was outgunned for Nebraska's Italian vote by Kleeb, who was raised in Italy by his military parents.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 09:30:56 PM »

So, other than being a secret Republican, really Italian and apparently from Platte County, what was this guy all about?  Why did the Missouri River counties hate him less viscerally?

Did he appeal to Indians somehow or is Thurston County just a blip?

My guess is that he ran ads in the east of the state but not the west. Kleeb is also based in the west of the state, having been the House candidate in NE-03 in 2006 and having intense farmer credentials, so the geographic difference is probably not primarily Raimondo's doing.
RBH

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 09:38:37 PM »

Part of this could be TV market differences.

Here's a TV market map for Nebraska: http://ekb.dbstalk.com/TVMarkets/Maps/nebraska.gif

Granted, parts of Nebraska are basically out of the range of most network stations, which produces weirdness in the NFL market maps ( http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/ ).

Kleeb certainly kicked ass in all the counties he got speeding tickets in.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 03:49:25 PM »

It's disappointing that there wasn't even one progressive in the field of Democrats. A lot of people seem to like Kleeb but I can't figure out why. I should vote for (Green Party candidate) Steven Larrick in November. It's not like Johanns can lose this year anyways.

Now, Kleeb has always struck me as a sound guy who has a lot going for him. Shame he lost to that complete utter dud in NE-03

Dave
Mesu
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 04:11:42 AM »

Now, Kleeb has always struck me as a sound guy who has a lot going for him. Shame he lost to that complete utter dud in NE-03

Dave

Kleeb ran his 2006 campaign about getting over partisan politics but it wouldn't have been partisan to fill out an NPAT or to be more informative about issues on his site. His site is getting a little more informative than it used to be though.

I read somewhere that NE-03(where I live) has never voted for a Democrat for a congressional race. 
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 04:19:49 AM »

Shame he lost to that complete utter dud in NE-03

I can see you know an awful lot about that "complete utter dud."  Like, he was Republican.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 02:42:59 PM »

I can see you know an awful lot about that "complete utter dud."  Like, he was Republican.
Like, he made NE-3 reasonably close. That should be Republicans' safest rural (as opposed to suburban) seat in the US of A.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 04:32:27 PM »

I think Kleeb may be able to keep Johanns below 60% in November. 
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 08:17:49 PM »

Bottom-line: Kleeb actually impressed me, Smith didn't. Kleeb would be his own man in Congress

Dave
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 10:49:31 PM »

Bottom-line: Kleeb actually impressed me, Smith didn't. Kleeb would be his own man in Congress

Wow.  The Democrat actually impressed you, and the Republican did not.  This is so different from everything else you have ever posted.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 10:29:00 AM »

Wow.  The Democrat actually impressed you, and the Republican did not.  This is so different from everything else you have ever posted.

As I said, Kleeb would be his own man in Congress. Surprising as it may seem I don't blindly reject all Republicans any more than I readily embrace all Democrats

Dave
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies