AK: Research 2000: McCain beats Obama by 7, but Clinton by 18
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:52:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  AK: Research 2000: McCain beats Obama by 7, but Clinton by 18
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: AK: Research 2000: McCain beats Obama by 7, but Clinton by 18  (Read 4873 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 11:33:52 PM »

I like how three close polls in Alaska spell victory to Democrats, yet many close polls in Massachusetts spell continuous outliers. Roll Eyes

Haha, what?

Do you guys even read the posts in this thread?

Fezzy and Duke = retarded trolls

What does that make you? A mindless follower of the masses on this forum? Forgive us for disagreeing with the great Obama and his supporters!

Did you read the thread? You didn't see anyone suggesting he could win Alaska?

Yes, I can actually read. I saw people suggesting that it would not hurt if Obama campaigned and/or advertised in Alaska. I saw no one say they actually thought Obama would seriously win it.

But hey, don't mind me, f**kwad. Go on being the dumbest and most worthless douche bag on the forum. It's the only thing you're good at.

Boo hoo. Like I give a rats ass what most of the posters, especially mindless Obamaniacs, think about me on this forum. I'm here to be a dick and argue politics because that's what I like to do in my spare time/when I'm at work/school, not to make lifelong friends and impress people by outdoing everyone on the competition involving showing our unconditional love for Barack Obama or how much we hate George Bush. But I'll quit because apparently you don't want to be embarrassed in front of everyone because it's oh so important to be well liked by everyone here. But, if I remember correctly, you are more hated than I am, so it looks like you have a lot of work to do!

Haha, wow. You're even dumber than I thought you were. I'm impressed!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 11:33:53 PM »

I like how three close polls in Alaska spell victory to Democrats, yet many close polls in Massachusetts spell continuous outliers. Roll Eyes

Haha, what?

What does that make you? A mindless follower of the masses on this forum? Forgive us for disagreeing with the great Obama and his supporters!

Yes, I can actually read. I saw people suggesting that it would not hurt if Obama campaigned and/or advertised in Alaska. I saw no one say they actually thought Obama would seriously win it.

But hey, don't mind me, f**kwad. Go on being the dumbest and most worthless douche bag on the forum. It's the only thing you're good at.

Boo hoo. Like I give a rats ass what most of the posters, especially mindless Obamaniacs, think about me on this forum. I'm here to be a dick and argue politics because that's what I like to do in my spare time/when I'm at work/school, not to make lifelong friends and impress people by outdoing everyone on the competition involving showing our unconditional love for Barack Obama or how much we hate George Bush. But I'll quit because apparently you don't want to be embarrassed in front of everyone because it's oh so important to be well liked by everyone here. But, if I remember correctly, you are more hated than I am, so it looks like you have a lot of work to do! 

Haha, what?

Who suggested Obama would win Alaska duke?

I never said anyone said he'd win. Fezzy did that sarcastically, but people are saying "if we works hard, if he spends money, there are lots of young people, etc..." the generic BS people say about every state, that have the idea that he could win it in the right conditions. When someone suggests McCain doing the same, as Fezzy points out, people jump all over that person. I was crucified for suggesting McCain would break 40% in Massachusetts.

You were crucified for suggesting MCcain will break 40% in Mass? Are you serious because I did not see that. I think it should be common knowledge that Mccain could very well break 40%  in MAss.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 11:38:29 PM »

Haha, what?

Excellent comeback. You are really outdoing yourself. "You're dumb" as a defense stopped working after first grade, my friend.

Haha, what?

Haha, what?

Who suggested Obama would win Alaska duke?

I never said anyone said he'd win. Fezzy did that sarcastically, but people are saying "if we works hard, if he spends money, there are lots of young people, etc..." the generic BS people say about every state, that have the idea that he could win it in the right conditions. When someone suggests McCain doing the same, as Fezzy points out, people jump all over that person. I was crucified for suggesting McCain would break 40% in Massachusetts.

You were crucified for suggesting MCcain will break 40% in Mass? Are you serious because I did not see that. I think it should be common knowledge that Mccain could very well break 40%  in MAss.

It is now, but this was when we had about 3 polls showing McCain and Obama tied in MA, but it was inconceivable to posters that John "100 years in Iraq" McCain could break 40% in Massachusetts against Obama. We had people convinced Obama would outperform John Kerry.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 11:41:32 PM »

It is now, but this was when we had about 3 polls showing McCain and Obama tied in MA, but it was inconceivable to posters that John "100 years in Iraq" McCain could break 40% in Massachusetts against Obama. We had people convinced Obama would outperform John Kerry.

Yeah but then we realized blue collar racists whites will not vote for Obama.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 11:43:44 PM »

Yeah but then we realized blue collar racists whites will not vote for Obama.

It's good when we all agree on something. Smiley
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 11:44:22 PM »

Haha, what?

Excellent comeback. You are really outdoing yourself. "You're dumb" as a defense stopped working after first grade, my friend.

So much for quitting, eh? Your post was just more of your made up clueless bullsh**t.

But really--you admitted that you're a dick and a troll. You basically agreed with me.   A lengthy and witty rebuttal isn't necessary.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 11:46:59 PM »

Haha, what?

So much for quitting, eh? Your post was just more of your made up clueless bullsh**t.

But really--you admitted that you're a dick and a troll. You basically agreed with me.   A lengthy and witty rebuttal isn't necessary.

Oh? I admitted I was a troll? Where exactly did I say that? Please, show me.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 11:55:25 PM »

"I'm here to be a dick" translates to trolling, in my opinion.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2008, 12:00:49 AM »

What exactly is a troll? Isn't it someone that initiates arguments? If so, then I believe you, sir, are the troll in this thread.

I'm a dick means that I don't attempt to please people that are being ridiculous, nor do I suck up to anyone here, and I always call people out who are making silly comments. There are very few trolls on this forum, in my opinion.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2008, 01:59:22 AM »

Woohoo!  Alaska can matter:

Obama: 272
McCain: 266
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2008, 12:26:44 PM »

What exactly is a troll? Isn't it someone that initiates arguments? If so, then I believe you, sir, are the troll in this thread.

I'm a dick means that I don't attempt to please people that are being ridiculous, nor do I suck up to anyone here, and I always call people out who are making silly comments. There are very few trolls on this forum, in my opinion.

Silly comments, you mean like acting as if every single Democrat on this forum thinks Obama will win Kansas?
kevinatcausa
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.04

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2008, 01:47:11 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2008, 01:51:22 PM by kevinatcausa »

Now, sbane, when people suggest that Obama run ads in Alaska and campaign in Alaska, it often leads others to assume that the purpose of doing so would be to win Alaska.  There really isn't any other point in doing those things if you don't actually want to win, wouldn't you agree? 

Not necessarily.  As was mentioned earlier in the thread, polls show a very tight race for Sen. Ted Stevens' seat.  It wouldn't be conceivable for Obama to spend some time in Alaska and run an ad or two there with the primary purpose being to increase turnout for Caldero. 

Sen. Kerry is currently up 25 points in MA, so there are no similar down-ticket benefits to a McCain campaign in MA.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2008, 02:40:28 PM »

Ok, back on subject!!!  They only way Obama could carry AK is if a thrid party candidate runs strong in there. Remember, in 1992, Clinton almost won the state because of a strong third party. Anyways I don't think it will happen.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2008, 08:41:55 PM »

Ok, back on subject!!!  They only way Obama could carry AK is if a thrid party candidate runs strong in there. Remember, in 1992, Clinton almost won the state because of a strong third party. Anyways I don't think it will happen.

It could, but Obama will need enough of a lead nationally to make the potential third party Alaskan voters feel that they aren't wasting votes that could decide the national election.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies