Fox News Live From Providence, RI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:17:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fox News Live From Providence, RI
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fox News Live From Providence, RI  (Read 2843 times)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2004, 06:11:07 AM »

Anchor: We now go live to providence to watch bono's speach as part of his senate campaign.
*Image shifts.*
*On a tribune. Starting to speak.*

Dear citizens, ladies and gentlemen the votes,
We are heading to a new electoral cycle. The presidential elections are on the way. And they are, indeed, a very important matter for all Atlasians. But no less important then them are the senatorial elections, becasue without the legislative power, the presidency is nothing.
So, with this in mind, and continuing my freedom tour, I am here today to talk to you about tax reform.
I am sure that none of you can be satisfied with the current tax system, with its bysantine tax brackets ad deductions, that allow the extremely rich to pay very little because of their hability to use the deductions through complicated scheems involving accounting firms. I am also sure that none of you can be satisfied with the Gestapo-like organizaton called the IRS, which has access to all of your personal data, to every detail of your life. I am sure you all all unhappy with such government intrusion on your life.  I am also sure you cannot be happy with the discriminating system that makes the upper class and the mid-upper class to pay much more just because they make more money.
Well, I propose an end to all that. If I got elected to the Senate, as I trust, hope and pray I will, I will supposr the subsitution of the current system by the Buchanan plan, with some modifications.
This plan, authored in its essentials by Pat Buchanan, eliminates all tax brackets and replaces them with a flat tax of 17%. Also this plan eliminates all the deductions but the Charity, Private Education/Homeschooling and Health Care ones. I know you all think, as I do that this plan would be better for all of us. And i hope you give me your trust in October. G-d bless you, and G-d bless Atlasia.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 10:25:47 AM »

NO RED INK PLEASE!!
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 11:57:27 AM »

Huh
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 03:57:28 PM »

<applause>

Well, Bono, I think I've decided to endorse you instead of run for senate myself. I don't see any reason to run if I'm happy with a candidate winning other than me.

You have my vote!
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 04:07:59 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2004, 04:19:23 PM by Bono »

<applause>

Well, Bono, I think I've decided to endorse you instead of run for senate myself. I don't see any reason to run if I'm happy with a candidate winning other than me.

You have my vote!

Thank you very much. Smiley But don't let me get in your way please.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 06:16:37 PM »

Once again, bono, you have my full support in your race.  I plan to do everything in my power to help push you to victory.
badnarikin04

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004, 11:14:20 AM »

<applause>

You have my vote!

Thank you very much. Smiley But don't let me get in your way please.

Oh, that's not a problem. I would love to help get you in office with an AFLP endorsement.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies