Oregon - OFFICIAL rumors and results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:42:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Oregon - OFFICIAL rumors and results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: Oregon - OFFICIAL rumors and results thread  (Read 12309 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2008, 11:10:02 PM »

More delegates have been allocated.  21 pledged for Obama so far and 14 for Clinton.  There are 52 pledged delegates total, so there are still 17 delegates to be awarded.

CNN's count now stands at 1,953 for Obama (73 from nomination) and 1,770 for Clinton (256 away from nomination and 183 delegates behind Obama).
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2008, 11:14:45 PM »

Looks like I was right about Obama taking every district.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2008, 11:17:05 PM »

That was a nice segment that Larry King devoted just to Teddy Kennedy.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2008, 11:18:28 PM »

Other races:

- Merkley leads Novick by 4.  Novick is carrying Multnomah by 10, Columbia by 17, Clatsop by 1 and Benton by 2.  Novick is underperforming in college areas and overperforming in northwest Oregon

- Erickson beats Mannix by a little under 10 points for the GOP nod in OR-5, despite the "abortion scare"

- Some guy named Kroger beats some guy named Macpherson by 11 points for Dem State AG nod, in a race where the county results clearly indicate people had no idea how to vote

- Brown wins Dem SoS nod, 51-28-18.  Metsger (28) carries Hood River solidly, Walker (18) carries Lane solidly, Metsger loses moderately everywhere else, Walker gets crushed everywhere else.  "Wells" totally useless statewide

- Sam Adams fortunately beats the one Asian guy 58-34 for Portland mayor
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2008, 11:18:34 PM »

just looking at the exit poll. 

sure are a lot of heathens in oregon.  33% never attend church.  wow.

it is kind of funny.  in many southern states, obama did best with those who attend church more than once a week.  obviously, those were blacks, who tend to be very godly. 

Oregon is one of the most secular states in the union. What is the problem with that? What are the crime rates in Oregon compared to some of the more "godly" states?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2008, 11:20:10 PM »

Other races:

- Merkley leads Novick by 4.  Novick is carrying Multnomah by 10, Columbia by 17, Clatsop by 1 and Benton by 2.  Novick is underperforming in college areas and overperforming in northwest Oregon
Does Oregon have run-offs if no candidate gets 50%?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2008, 11:21:47 PM »

Anyone have the Democratic Senate primary results?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2008, 11:22:09 PM »

Is it me or have the results really come to a crawl.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2008, 11:22:23 PM »

Late ballots don't look as heavy for Obama as I expected (PPP was right?), but it could vary by county.  I know he targeted Lane, Benton and Multco that way.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2008, 11:23:43 PM »

Is it me or have the results really come to a crawl.

The first results were early counting. Oregon starts counting votes in the morning of election day so that they can release the results from before Monday and Tuesday shortly after closing. That's what we got over the past hour and a half. Then we have to wait for them to count the rest of the votes, which only starts at 8 PM after balloting stops.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2008, 11:24:52 PM »

So is Clinton going to net a few delegates tonight?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2008, 11:25:21 PM »

Late ballots don't look as heavy for Obama as I expected (PPP was right?), but it could vary by county.  I know he targeted Lane, Benton and Multco that way.

Where did late ballots start coming in from, other than a small infusion from Lane?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2008, 11:27:14 PM »

Oddly, there is no Republican nominee for AG in Oregon, so the winner of the Democratic primary automatically wins in November.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2008, 11:27:30 PM »

By the way, a random Oregon fact from my Wikipedia perusings: Gilliam County contains the tiny city of Lonerock, where men have a median income of $0.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2008, 11:28:04 PM »

Other races:

As someone who switched from minor party to Dem just to vote in the primaries, I must say there  were many downstate Dems that decided to go for a candidate with a better chance against Smith in November.... Merkley will play much better downstate than Novick because he doesn't seem like another Portland Dem talking down to the rest of the state.

As I have said before, Oregon elections frequently divide along metro Portland and the rest of the state, each of which roughly has half the states voters....

That is why I am frankly surprised at Obama's performance in much of Oregon outside the Portland area.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2008, 11:29:15 PM »

So is Clinton going to net a few delegates tonight?

So far, she is netting 16 delegates with the two states combined.  However, there are still 17 delegates outstanding in Oregon and all of them are counted in Kentucky.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2008, 11:29:35 PM »

By the way, a random Oregon fact from my Wikipedia perusings: Gilliam County contains the tiny city of Lonerock, where men have a median income of $0.

Personally, I can't wait to see the results out of Greenhorn  Smiley

"In later years, the old Greenhorn Jail (dating to 1910) was removed to Canyon City, Oregon under suspicious circumstances."

The Wikipedia article makes it sound like the jail disappeared overnight so everyone got confused and left.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2008, 11:31:20 PM »

Other races:

As someone who switched from minor party to Dem just to vote in the primaries, I must say there  were many downstate Dems that decided to go for a candidate with a better chance against Smith in November.... Merkley will play much better downstate than Novick because he doesn't seem like another Portland Dem talking down to the rest of the state.

As I have said before, Oregon elections frequently divide along metro Portland and the rest of the state, each of which roughly has half the states voters....

That is why I am frankly surprised at Obama's performance in much of Oregon outside the Portland area.

Yes i think the dynamics change when it is a national race. If it is a state race I think the geographic divisions show more. It is the same case in California with Arnold getting enormous support in southern california. The bay area actually voted pretty heavily against the recall but as you know southern california totally changed the dynamics.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2008, 11:31:45 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2008, 11:33:45 PM by Verily »

"In later years, the old Greenhorn Jail (dating to 1910) was removed to Canyon City, Oregon under suspicious circumstances."

The Wikipedia article makes it sound like the jail disappeared overnight so everyone got confused and left.

Personally, I find the "Demographics" section most classic. It's simple and beautiful.

"As of the census[1] of 2000, there are no people living in the city."

In fact, it must be the fastest growing city in the country! An infinite growth rate, from 0 in 2000 to 2 in 2007. (Who I suspect are squatters who will not fill out census forms.)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2008, 11:32:23 PM »

Oh and God bless the Republicans of the Fifth District of Oregon and their cokehead nominee.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2008, 11:34:04 PM »

Oh and God bless the Republicans of the Fifth District of Oregon and their cokehead nominee.

That is Darlene Hooley's district? Is the Dem nominee a good candidate?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2008, 11:37:30 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2008, 11:39:13 PM by Oklahoma Populist Democrat »

Personally, I find the "Demographics" section most classic. It's simple and beautiful.

"As of the census[1] of 2000, there are no people living in the city."

In fact, it must be the fastest growing city in the country! An infinite growth rate, from 0 in 2000 to 2 in 2007. (Who I suspect are squatters who will not fill out census forms.)

No, I think the bears must have filled them out. Tongue

As one of my friends who grew up in Deridder, Louisiana (near Lake Charles) said.  "There just a few people and a lot of coon dogs".
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2008, 11:38:32 PM »

That is Darlene Hooley's district? Is the Dem nominee a good candidate?

Yea, solid moderate State Senator.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2008, 11:39:19 PM »

Over on the GOP side, in what I think is probably a very weird typo, Hood River is 48% Paul, 36% McCain and 15% write-in.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2008, 11:40:22 PM »

Over on the GOP side, in what I think is probably a very weird typo, Hood River is 48% Paul, 36% McCain and 15% write-in.

It is Hood River...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies