District Four Run-off Jabbering Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:04:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  District Four Run-off Jabbering Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: District Four Run-off Jabbering Thread  (Read 1340 times)
Niles Caulder

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 28, 2004, 04:32:24 PM »

Since I wasn't effective in warding off non-ballot posts, I'll submit this thread for the utility of anyone who has observations and opinions on the voting in progress!

Allow me to start the dialogue.

"The time has come, my little friends, to talk of other things,
Of ships and shoes and ceiling wax, cabbages and kings,
And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings,
Calloo-Calay, we'll seize the day---with  cabbages and kings!"
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 05:34:41 PM »

Yes, I have a question for the court members, not they will answer it, but... If Harry had challenged the validity of Kodratos's vote, would it have held up? If that vote had been disqulaified, Harry would have won.  
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 05:50:35 PM »

Whats so sad about this run-off is...Josh didn't campaign and Harry did... Tongue
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 05:53:05 PM »

Whats so sad about this run-off is...Josh didn't campaign and Harry did... Tongue

PB did all the campaigning for him.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 07:00:43 PM »

That's what happens when the whole electorate is blatantly partisan. There becomes no real need for campaigning.
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 07:29:10 PM »

That's what happens when the whole electorate is blatantly partisan. There becomes no real need for campaigning.

This was one of the reasons I didn't want to run against you. The left wingers seemed to have a safe majority in that district to the point where I had almost no hope of winning. Your eventual victory against RReagan4ever only reinforces this notion.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 07:32:47 PM »

This was one of the reasons I didn't want to run against you. The left wingers seemed to have a safe majority in that district to the point where I had almost no hope of winning. Your eventual victory against RReagan4ever only reinforces this notion.

That's not entirely true. If Bullmoose had showed up, (He might have actually been a swing voter), Reagan would have won.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2004, 10:14:09 PM »

I did all the campaigning for Josh, and I said what he would have had he chosen to run a more vigorous campaign.

I didn't know Harry campaigned. Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 11:07:47 AM »

Thanks to Niles for getting the ball rolling on this election for me.  I have taken care of my academic emergencies- had to pull an all nighter, which I haven't done since I was an undergrad.  Anyways I'm back on the job here in the forum, and I'll be able to close out the election at midnight tonight.

So, district 4, are you guys going to vote or what?  Last I checked only 6 people had voted, 16 of you voted in the first election.  And we have another tie so far at 3-3.  Somebdy break the tie, please?  We don't want another one!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2004, 11:10:18 AM »

Actually with Htmldons vote, Harry's in the lead 4-3.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2004, 01:09:22 PM »

Thanks to Niles for getting the ball rolling on this election for me.  I have taken care of my academic emergencies- had to pull an all nighter, which I haven't done since I was an undergrad.  Anyways I'm back on the job here in the forum, and I'll be able to close out the election at midnight tonight.

So, district 4, are you guys going to vote or what?  Last I checked only 6 people had voted, 16 of you voted in the first election.  And we have another tie so far at 3-3.  Somebdy break the tie, please?  We don't want another one!

No problemo, Senior Secretario.  Los llaves estan con Usted.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 06:53:50 PM »

The point of the run-off election is supposed to be, people who neglected to vote in the first election can break the tie.  In this case, the tie will be broken because people who did vote in the first one, didnt vote in the run-off.

Kinda sad, I think...
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2004, 07:37:27 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2004, 07:38:14 PM by Fritz »

One interesting twist on this run-off though...Htmldon voted for Harry.  In the original election, he voted for Josh (after WalterMitty).  If he had just voted for Harry the first time, we wouldn't need to be having this run-off.  Tongue
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2004, 10:22:05 PM »

The point of the run-off election is supposed to be, people who neglected to vote in the first election can break the tie.  In this case, the tie will be broken because people who did vote in the first one, didnt vote in the run-off.

Kinda sad, I think...

Also sort of like what happens in real run-off elections.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies