Wow
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:23:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wow
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wow  (Read 1676 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2008, 05:10:03 AM »

I can't say it better than this post at Swing State Project, so I'll just link it: http://swingstateproject.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=2042

Wow
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 08:17:44 AM »

Kinda catchy Tongue

Despite the jingle, I appreciate the actual wisdom in his comments:
"Remember,” McCotter wrote, “a self-obsessed quest for an illusory ideological purity will put our conservative purity philosophy into a permanent minority.”
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 07:03:13 PM »

Kinda catchy Tongue

"Remember,” McCotter wrote, “a self-obsessed quest for an illusory ideological purity will put our conservative purity philosophy into a permanent minority.”

Why would the Republicans be on a quest for "ideological purity" when they're already defined by a "conservative purity philosophy"? I hope this McCotter fellow understands how redundant and nonsensical his comment is.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 09:04:02 PM »

The next chair of the NRCC...we hope.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 12:51:21 PM »

Kinda catchy Tongue

Why would the Republicans be on a quest for "ideological purity" when they're already defined by a "conservative purity philosophy"? I hope this McCotter fellow understands how redundant and nonsensical his comment is.

Probably not. Stewart Rothenburg, as calm and genial a chap as one can find out there in the political commentator world, once in print lashed out at the guy as a flaming asshole. I will see if I can find it.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 12:54:06 PM »

Kinda catchy Tongue

Probably not. Stewart Rothenburg, as calm and genial a chap as one can find out there in the political commentator world, once in print lashed out at the guy as a flaming asshole. I will see if I can find it.
I remember that piece. This unctuous McCotter character benefited from a combination of nepotism and despicable dirty politics. He's also a flaming protectionist who once said he admired Smoot-Hawley!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 01:24:10 PM »

In case one missed, the same guy who came up with that inimitable prose, also had this brain storm for the launch of the GOP ad Jihad against the Dems in the House:

"He also called for more out-of-the-box strategies, such as proposing a theme of “Nancy Pelosi, the San Francisco Threat,” sung to the tune of the Rice-a-Roni jingle."  Tongue
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »

Apparently it's pretty easy to make a buck advising the Republicans these days. I say they buy the Frosted Flakes slogan. It's catchy without saying anything of substance and is stolen from a product slightly more representative of the party than an antidepressant's.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies