McAuliffe Flip Flop
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:57:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  McAuliffe Flip Flop
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McAuliffe Flip Flop  (Read 1246 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2008, 10:11:12 AM »

I only heard this today on MSBNC but it's been online for a while.  If this is a repeat from another thread I apologize.

McAuliffe, circa 2004: Michigan "will not get seated" if they break rules
by kos
Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 02:54:33 PM PDT
We already had top Clinton supporter Harold Ickes, who voted to sanction Michigan at the DNC, then now complains about the sanctions he himself approved.

Now we have Terry McAuliffe himself, as DNC chairman, enforcing the very rules he now thinks should be broken.

Mark Nickolas digs out the relevant passages from Terry McAuliffe's own book:

"I'm going outside the primary window," [Michigan Sen. Carl Levin] told me definitively.

"If I allow you to do that, the whole system collapses," I said. "We will have chaos. I let you make your case to the DNC, and we voted unanimously and you lost."

He kept insisting that they were going to move up Michigan on their own, even though if they did that, they would lose half their delegates. By that point Carl and I were leaning toward each other over a table in the middle of the room, shouting and dropping the occasional expletive.

"You won't deny us seats at the convention," he said.

"Carl, take it to the bank," I said. "They will not get a credential. The closest they'll get to Boston will be watching it on television. I will not let you break this entire nominating process for one state. The rules are the rules. If you want to call my bluff, Carl, you go ahead and do it."

We glared at each other some more, but there was nothing much left to say. I was holding all the cards and Levin knew it.

[Source: McAuliffe, Terry. What A Party!, p. 325.]
Now?

Terry McAuliffe: I'm saying they've already voted, let's count the votes. I’m saying that the state parties in those states need to work with the national party and figure out how we count the votes that have already been voted.
Hypocrite.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 10:16:12 AM »

We really didn't need any extra evidence that he's a lying piece of sh**t scumball.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 10:26:43 AM »

Are you trying to tell me that a politician changed his mind on something, after it transpired that the 'something' would have negatively affected himself?  I for one am shocked.  SHOCKED.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 10:28:10 AM »

Are you trying to tell me that a politician changed his mind on something, after it transpired that the 'something' would have negatively affected himself?  I for one am shocked.  SHOCKED.

Amen, but damn these people will find a way to explain it to make him look like St. Terry.  I hope they grill the Beast about this in the press.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 10:32:11 AM »

One of my biggest beefs with Hillary are the horrible people she surrounds herself with-Mark Penn, Terry McAuliffe, Howard Wolfson, Harold Ickes, etc.

I don't want any of these jokers helping her to run the White House.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies