What posters' precincts will be the 5 most lopsided in each direction this year?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:12:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What posters' precincts will be the 5 most lopsided in each direction this year?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: What posters' precincts will be the 5 most lopsided in each direction this year?  (Read 6399 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2008, 06:48:21 PM »

I like the feeling of unanimosity Minneapolis provides. Tons of anti-war signs and signs for Democratic candidates, none for Republican candidates ever. Living in conservative hell for too long required that I get some balance.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2008, 11:29:08 PM »

My neighborhood is very white. I checked the records and in 2004 Bush got 63% here (precinct 68-1), so I may have slightly overstated GOP strength.  Kerry actually did fairly well considering that there are almost no blacks anywhere near here. Chalk it up to a decent Jewish population.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2008, 12:20:41 AM »

My neighborhood is very white. I checked the records and in 2004 Bush got 63% here (precinct 68-1), so I may have slightly overstated GOP strength.  Kerry actually did fairly well considering that there are almost no blacks anywhere near here. Chalk it up to a decent Jewish population.

Even the lily-white neighborhoods of Minneapolis are over 60+% Dem at least. Glad I don't live in Memphis.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2008, 01:42:19 AM »

Even the lily-white neighborhoods of Minneapolis are over 60+% Dem at least. Glad I don't live in Memphis.

What about ND, then?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2008, 01:43:14 AM »

What about ND, then?

I don't live there so your point?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2008, 09:48:09 AM »

What about ND, then?

You didn't seem to be complaining about how terrible it was when you lived there.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2008, 10:19:50 AM »

Yeah, most of the precincts around you got around 70-75% for Bush.  There were very few majority-white precincts that went for Kerry - all of them in Midtown.

My new precinct (Lakeland 2) went 77.5% for Bush. Smiley
My old precinct (95-1) only went 65% for Bush, as the number of blacks moving into the precinct is on the rise.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2008, 10:22:37 AM »

Can't find precinct-level data for Santa Clara County. Angry
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2008, 11:26:45 AM »

What about ND, then?

You didn't seem to be complaining about how terrible it was when you lived there.

What the hell do you know about that? I moved out of there when I you were 7 and before I came to the forum. I don't see where you can state that I wasn't complaining (considering that I did.)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2008, 02:57:28 PM »

What about ND, then?

What the hell do you know about that? I moved out of there when I you were 7 and before I came to the forum. I don't see where you can state that I wasn't complaining (considering that I did.)

When you were there in January. You weren't talking about what a hellhole it was.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2008, 03:02:41 PM »

What about ND, then?

When you were there in January. You weren't talking about what a hellhole it was.

That's because I was only there for a month and already had a place in Minneapolis lined up. There was no reason for me to complain, I was out soon enough and in a far better place.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2008, 08:05:47 PM »

Yeah, most of the precincts around you got around 70-75% for Bush.  There were very few majority-white precincts that went for Kerry - all of them in Midtown.

My old precinct (95-1) only went 65% for Bush, as the number of blacks moving into the precinct is on the rise.

I didn't know you had moved to Lakeland. It's pretty out there in the country. Have fun with gas prices Tongue
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2008, 05:05:40 PM »

I didn't know you had moved to Lakeland. It's pretty out there in the country. Have fun with gas prices Tongue

I live in the more urban part of Lakeland that the rest of the town would probably like to get rid of.

My office is moving to Midtown in a few months so my drive in to work is about to be a bit longer Sad
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2008, 05:20:55 PM »

I live in the more urban part of Lakeland that the rest of the town would probably like to get rid of.

My office is moving to Midtown in a few months so my drive in to work is about to be a bit longer Sad

Urban part of Lakeland??? I didn't know such a thing existed. Maybe you should look for a new job...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2008, 05:26:32 PM »

Duh... the McDonalds and gas station.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2008, 08:25:37 PM »

LOL - the Lakeland McDonalds/BP Station combo is where I just came from. I am pissed because they forgot my BBQ sauce Tongue

The area along US 64 is almost entirely developed and the southern part is in the Memphis city limits - my area resembles Bartlett more than the rest of Lakeland.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »

And with the issue of mine vs. Sam Spade's settled, here comes the other interesting question of whose House district will be more pro-Obama. And State House and State Senate district (although from the sound of things I have those won for sure, at least State House)

My House district is less Democratic than my precinct.  It includes the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston (which is extraordinarily wealthy, but as a result, not as monolithically Democratic) and the working-class neighborhoods of Brighton where McCain could get into the high 30s or maybe even low 40s if he's doing really well.  Mattapan, Dorchester, and Cambridge all do their part to mirror Somerville's results as a whole—it should definitely be the most Obama-friendly in the state.

My State House district, currently represented by an openly gay 29-year-old Democrat, is less Democratic than my precinct because it meanders up into Medford. (Though that could just mean more Tufts students.)  My State Senate district, however, contains some Republican areas in the north (Winchester) where McCain could actually start winning a precinct or two.  It was represented in the early 1990s by a Republican (Charlie Shannon), and Republicans made a strong run (40%+) for the seat in a special election a couple years back.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2008, 04:08:43 PM »

Bush won by 6 in 04 due to the 9/11 bounce, Gore won by 11 in 2000.  I would say Obama takes my precinct by about 5-6 points more Dem than the national average.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2008, 02:55:17 PM »

Bush won by 6 in 04 due to the 9/11 bounce, Gore won by 11 in 2000.  I would say Obama takes my precinct by about 5-6 points more Dem than the national average.

Just out of curiosity, what's your take on the polls showing McCain to be performing much stronger in New York than would otherwise be expected in your typical nameless R vs. D matchup?  And what area are you from, Long Island?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2008, 05:31:08 PM »

Just out of curiosity, what's your take on the polls showing McCain to be performing much stronger in New York than would otherwise be expected in your typical nameless R vs. D matchup?  And what area are you from, Long Island?

He's from Nassau County, NY-03, Congressman Mejias' district.

There are a few reasons why, actually.  One I mention a lot on this forum.  Another is that McCain should be a fairly strong candidate for certain areas of this state, much stronger than Bush, naturally.  Even fighting against the strong headwinds.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2008, 05:46:36 PM »

Mine should be very strong for Obama; easily 70%
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2009, 01:45:53 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2009, 01:47:52 AM by Gravity is a Choice »

Hmmm, just found this. I wonder what the actual results are? Verily might've beat me too.

Well I did find this: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=87739.0

Well I was quite off for Torie.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2009, 01:49:26 AM »

This was before I joined, but mine was probably like 83% Obama.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2009, 01:50:31 AM »

Still beat you. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2009, 01:54:11 AM »

Still beat you. Smiley

My city probably beat yours though (I know my state did).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies