Specter expects primary challenge and raises a good point...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:35:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Specter expects primary challenge and raises a good point...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Specter expects primary challenge and raises a good point...  (Read 5863 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2008, 11:34:14 PM »

Peggy Noonan went to Frarleigh Dickenson (sp), a school I never heard of until I read her book. Real talent can't be kept down.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2008, 11:34:30 PM »

If you care to refresh my memory as to where you attend, but I seem to recall you don't attend Upenn or Carnegie. I don't seem to recall any noteworthy schools.

Temple or Drexel? West Chester? All of those are at least 3rd rate.

So because I don't go to UPenn I'm not in a first rate school? Instead, I go to Temple and it's is third rate? You're a real dope.

<begins rant about Penn> If you graduated from Penn, congrats -- you went to the school for rejected/wait-listed Harvard wannabes.

Hey, hey...I have quite a few friends at Penn and they could have made it at Harvard (only one of them bothered to apply there though).  Tongue

Yet that still says nothing to the argument that Rendell winning Specter's senate seat would be an "upset". It is ridiculous to suggest Rendell would be some sort of underdog winning out of the blue candidate.

Specter is a stronger than usual Republican and the incumbent. Get it yet?
Conan
conan

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2008, 12:45:41 AM »

If you care to refresh my memory as to where you attend, but I seem to recall you don't attend Upenn or Carnegie. I don't seem to recall any noteworthy schools.

Temple or Drexel? West Chester? All of those are at least 3rd rate.

So because I don't go to UPenn I'm not in a first rate school? Instead, I go to Temple and it's is third rate? You're a real dope.

<begins rant about Penn> If you graduated from Penn, congrats -- you went to the school for rejected/wait-listed Harvard wannabes.

Hey, hey...I have quite a few friends at Penn and they could have made it at Harvard (only one of them bothered to apply there though).  Tongue

Yet that still says nothing to the argument that Rendell winning Specter's senate seat would be an "upset". It is ridiculous to suggest Rendell would be some sort of underdog winning out of the blue candidate.

Specter is a stronger than usual Republican and the incumbent. Get it yet?
Specter is a strong incumbent, but to suggest a Rendell win to be an "upset" is completely absurd.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2008, 12:49:18 AM »

Specter is a strong incumbent, but to suggest a Rendell win to be an "upset" is completely absurd.

Listen, it wouldn't be a huge upset but it would still be an upset. We're not going to agree on this. Let's just leave it at that.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2008, 06:52:32 AM »

University snobbery is really quite pathetic.
Conan
conan

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2008, 03:16:45 PM »

Listen, it wouldn't be a huge upset but it would still be an upset. We're not going to agree on this. Let's just leave it at that.
Ok. By the way, I was just attacking your school just for that sake. Take no offense, because it wouldn't have mattered where you went.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2008, 12:19:38 PM »

Ok. By the way, I was just attacking your school just for that sake. Take no offense, because it wouldn't have mattered where you went.

lol
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies