most left wing major city in America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:49:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  most left wing major city in America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: most left wing major city in America  (Read 21205 times)
migrendel
Italy

« on: August 30, 2004, 11:20:11 AM »

I would say San Francisco, without a doubt. The other cities mentioned are quite Democratic, but they do not have a political culture nearly as liberal as San Francisco. Politically, San Francisco would be a moderately liberal European city.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 01:45:33 PM »

I don't see why crime is so important to people. I daresay a repressive government which tramples on all civil liberties is worse than occasionally handing over your wallet to a kleptomaniac.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 01:57:57 PM »

People who are willing to compromise the vitality of their existance for a false sense of security can move to where they belong and where the spirit of life undergoes rot, the suburbs.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 10:27:19 AM »

I for one don't see the issue regarding smoking in bars. That's something that is pretty much expected in that kind of place. I personally think the government is far too concerned with whether people smoke or not. For example, Montgomery County, Maryland passed an ordinance that can be construed as prohibiting smoking in the privacy of the home. If you can't smoke in your home, where can you? Those laws are deceptively designed to try to deprive individuals of choice in personal matters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies