most left wing major city in America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:14:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  most left wing major city in America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: most left wing major city in America  (Read 21127 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: September 06, 2012, 02:26:48 AM »

Portland might not be the most Democratic city but it's arguably the most leftist city (yes, even on economics). It's not upscale outside of a few hilly neighborhoods on the westside and has a disproportional large lower middle class alt community that I'd argue is lacking in SF and Seattle. If we had a significant left-wing third party candidate ala Nader in 2000, Portland would probably give him/her the largest percentage of the vote at this point. Portland keeps attracting more and more young adults without gentrifying rapidly.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 01:01:38 PM »

Portland might not be the most Democratic city but it's arguably the most leftist city (yes, even on economics). It's not upscale outside of a few hilly neighborhoods on the westside and has a disproportional large lower middle class alt community that I'd argue is lacking in SF and Seattle. If we had a significant left-wing third party candidate ala Nader in 2000, Portland would probably give him/her the largest percentage of the vote at this point. Portland keeps attracting more and more young adults without gentrifying rapidly.

Portland's numbers never live up to the hype. But I'm listening. Show me some data. Present some facts.

The problem is that it's difficult to find precinct results for many elections in Multnomah County. I've found 2010 Gubernatorial results and all of 2008's results but nothing else.  I suppose I could check the library here for an electoral history of Portland and post maps/data? Which initiatives and referendums do you think would be good metrics for leftism?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies