most left wing major city in America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:44:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  most left wing major city in America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: most left wing major city in America  (Read 21121 times)
NY Jew

« on: September 06, 2012, 02:34:11 AM »

anyone who thinks NYC is the most liberal city in America has never been to 75% of the neighborhoods in the city.
NY Jew

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 04:51:57 AM »

I'm more than a little surprised that nobody in this thread has stood up to explain how DC is the most liberal city.

This is a place where Obama got 86 percent of the white vote, which is more than he got from the entire population in San Fran.

I think you probably could make a case for the Bay Area being the most liberal metro area, however.

Also, if you just look at the area within the city limits, I think Philly is more liberal than NYC.  While there are definitely some conservatives in South Philly and the far Northeast, you don't have anything like the monolithically R South Shore or Borough Park here.  
in SF the Asians voted for McCain way more then whites did.  McCain was getting under 10% in most white neighborhoods.
NY Jew

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 04:53:18 AM »

anyone who thinks NYC is the most liberal city in America has never been to 75% of the neighborhoods in the city.
Because a minority neighborhood is not a neighborhood?

over half the "white" (Jewish, Italian Irish) neighborhoods in NYC are not liberal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies