Surgery/Brief absence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:45:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Surgery/Brief absence
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Surgery/Brief absence  (Read 1300 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2008, 12:10:43 PM »

I'll be undergoing oral surgery tomorrow (Thursday May 29th) on my jaw to correct my underbite. The procedure takes about three hours but I'm required to stay in the hospital overnight. I should be back home by Friday afternoon but may be out of commission (because of irritation or just being too tired) until Saturday or Sunday. I hope I can be back posting here by the weekend though.  Smiley

I ask for your prayers. It's not high risk surgery or anything like that but it would be nice if everything ran as smoothly as possible.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:11:41 PM »

Prayers ascending, Phil.  I hope you recover quickly.

Whatever they are charging you for the procedure, I promise -- I could do it for half price.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 12:27:55 PM »

I'll be undergoing oral surgery tomorrow (Thursday May 29th) on my jaw to correct my underbite.

You told me you were getting breast implants!  Angry
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 12:48:51 PM »

I'll be undergoing oral surgery tomorrow (Thursday May 29th) on my jaw to correct my underbite. The procedure takes about three hours but I'm required to stay in the hospital overnight. I should be back home by Friday afternoon but may be out of commission (because of irritation or just being too tired) until Saturday or Sunday. I hope I can be back posting here by the weekend though.  Smiley

I ask for your prayers. It's not high risk surgery or anything like that but it would be nice if everything ran as smoothly as possible.

Yikes.  That doesn't sound fun Sad  I will keep you in my prayers.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 12:52:06 PM »

Get well soon and get back here......

We're gonna have a bash Santorum party til you get back.  Wink
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 04:01:54 PM »

Best of luck
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 06:33:38 PM »

I'll be praying for you.

Hope you're better and posting again soon.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 11:42:07 PM »

Good luck Phil.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 11:46:53 PM »

What's with all the blue avatars with oral surgery?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 11:48:10 PM »

I'm going to need that surgery done in a few years. Not looking forward to it.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 11:50:14 PM »

What's with all the blue avatars with oral surgery?

Inks got his "wisdom" teeth removed and Phil is getting his "underbite" corrected.

You do the math.

I do request that you tell us what happens when they put you under (I love hearing about that kind of stuff).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 11:57:16 PM »

Prayers will  be sent. I'd be horrified if it was me, though. I get all worked up for a teeth cleaning.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 12:01:38 AM »

Prayers will  be sent. I'd be horrified if it was me, though. I get all worked up for a teeth cleaning.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 12:01:54 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2008, 12:35:46 AM by President Keystone Phil »

I do request that you tell us what happens when they put you under (I love hearing about that kind of stuff).

Haha, no, no. I'm going to be completely knocked out. My friend, who recently had his wisdom teeth taken out, was telling me earlier about his experience. He was on morphine and remembers eating lunch with the cows from Chick-fil-A and running with the Smurfs. I was beyond freaked out. It makes me happy that I will be totally out of it. I was totally knocked out for my wisdom teeth as well.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 12:58:51 AM »

Haha, no, no. I'm going to be completely knocked out.

I'm disappointed, Phil.  Real men don't need anesthesia.  It goes against God's plan of suffering and wastes the taxpayer's money somehow.

tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 01:22:22 AM »

Haha, no, no. I'm going to be completely knocked out. My friend, who recently had his wisdom teeth taken out, was telling me earlier about his experience. He was on morphine and remembers eating lunch with the cows from Chick-fil-A and running with the Smurfs. I was beyond freaked out. It makes me happy that I will be totally out of it. I was totally knocked out for my wisdom teeth as well.

That's a fun story, but I didn't think morphine could produce those kinds of effects. Anyway, I was talking more about during that very brief period while you're receiving the anesthetic before you've actually gone into sleep. Sometimes that can bring about a very interesting experience - and you may dream as well while you're under.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 01:28:06 AM »

That's a fun story, but I didn't think morphine could produce those kinds of effects. Anyway, I was talking more about during that very brief period while you're receiving the anesthetic before you've actually gone into sleep. Sometimes that can bring about a very interesting experience - and you may dream as well while you're under.

I remember the brief period when I was receiving it during my wisdom teeth operation. I just remember the doctor talking to me and me turning my head to the left, looking at one of the machines. Then I remember waking up and being really pissed off (because my mouth was killing me). I wanted out of there as soon as possible. I can't do that this time.  Sad
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies