New York State to Recognize Gay Marriages (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:21:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New York State to Recognize Gay Marriages (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New York State to Recognize Gay Marriages  (Read 20247 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 29, 2008, 01:36:16 AM »

What did same sex marriage ever do to you?

But please...stay in Oklahoma...better for everyone.

It just goes against everything I believe.

Um... what is that last statement supposed to mean?  To be honest, I take it as an insult.
I have never expressed "hatred" for gays and lesbians.  I've got two friends who are gay.  I just won't throw the Bible out the window and support gay marriage.  I believe so strongly in the Bible that I cannot support gay marriage.  Marriage is an institution designed by God for a man and a woman.  I cannot in good conscience support a measure that goes against that.  I totally understand there are people who don't believe in the Bible, or don't believe in that part of the Bible.  That's fine.  If my gay friends wanted to marry someone of their own gender, then I would walk to the civil union table with them, but I cannot and will not walk with them to the marriage ceremony.  It doesn't mean I don't love them, I just love my God more.

I'm sorry if you think all Southern Baptist Christians are "bigoted".  To be honest, I'd rather be called a "bigot" then to be called a "Bible compromiser".
It's sh**t like this why I'm not a So.Baptist anymore.  One of the biggest problem the world faces and has always faced is people sticking their religion into their government.  It ain't chocolate and peanut butter it's oil and water.  It's fine if your against gay marriage, just get a better reason than "my bible tells me it's wrong" especially when even that is easily debatable.

I don't even care if gay people can get married or not, personally, I think they should be working towards civil unions.  What would be wrong with gay people having a civil union being recognized by the state and then having a ceremony where they get "married".  I don't understand why the govt is in the business of "marriage" in the first place, why should two married people have different tax obligations compared to two other random people?

But bottom line, the right in this country is way off base on this one.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 01:49:28 AM »

To be fair, I've never met a homosexual who has stayed in a relationship longer than a month and having lived in the Bay Area, CA and Santa Fe, NM, I have met my fair share.
..and I've known 6 different gays/lesbians and everyone of them was in a relationship for longer than a month while I knew them.  Many gay men are whores, but so are many straight men.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies