New York State to Recognize Gay Marriages (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:36:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New York State to Recognize Gay Marriages (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New York State to Recognize Gay Marriages  (Read 20256 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: May 28, 2008, 11:20:22 PM »

BO, it's no different here than it was a week ago. Except it's not as hot. California really isn't a bad place.

On a more serious note, I understand where you're coming from. But I don''t agree. If you don't believe it's consistent with the Bible, don't marry gays. But other people should be allowed to do what they want. They can be acountable for it after they die.

That's how I feel.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 11:30:24 PM »

I don't understand the vitriol.  If you don't consider them marriages, consider them badly-named tax breaks.  Do you normally get this offended when terminology is mis-applied because of religious disagreements?  If you were Jewish, would you oppose any government subsidy of those who raise pork commercially, because that would be government recognition of a religious sin?

It's banned in Israel, IIRC.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 08:24:32 PM »

Every day I get the feeling more and more that Patterson will not seek another term

RUDY '10!

Do you really want to give us such a gift?
Do you really think there is a better GOP option?  Who would they go with?  Peter King, Vito Fosella?

The GOP really doesn't have a better option which shows how absolutely pathetic the NY GOP is.   Anyway, how exactly does this make you think Paterson won't seek re-election?? 
Stunts like this are usually pulled by politicians who do not care about being re-elected, or VT/San Fran politicians

Don't ever call San Francisco that again.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 09:02:48 PM »

Every day I get the feeling more and more that Patterson will not seek another term

RUDY '10!

Do you really want to give us such a gift?
Do you really think there is a better GOP option?  Who would they go with?  Peter King, Vito Fosella?

The GOP really doesn't have a better option which shows how absolutely pathetic the NY GOP is.   Anyway, how exactly does this make you think Paterson won't seek re-election?? 
Stunts like this are usually pulled by politicians who do not care about being re-elected, or VT/San Fran politicians

Don't ever call San Francisco that again.

Hey, if you call Oklahoma politics crazy (which they are), we have the right to call San Francisco politics weird (which they are).  Turn about's fair play.

Don't care about what you label our politics. Just use the right name for the city.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies