Iraqis claim Marines are pushing Christianity in Fallujah (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:32:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Iraqis claim Marines are pushing Christianity in Fallujah (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support the promotion of Christianity in Iraq by U.S. Marines?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Iraqis claim Marines are pushing Christianity in Fallujah  (Read 3313 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 29, 2008, 12:08:16 PM »

Not the way it was done in the article no.  One shouldn't pimp his/her religion while wearing the uniform of the US military.  Off duty might be a different story.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 10:57:29 PM »

Given what has taken place at the Air Force Academy over the last seven years, I am not surprised to see extremist Evangelicalism taking hold in other branches of service.  I'm sorry that it's happening, but hardly shocked.
You seem to be implying that the USAF is full of Fundies.  I've met a lot of AF dudes (I've worked as one or with them since 1994) and I haven't seen it.  There are a lot more drunks than there are Fundies.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 12:22:47 AM »

Yeah, I know about that stuff.  I just didn't want it to look like the USAF or the military in general was full of Fundies.  It isn't.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 12:36:23 AM »

Yeah, I know about that stuff.  I just didn't want it to look like the USAF or the military in general was full of Fundies.  It isn't.

How would you know?  Who else would be crazy enough to go into the military?
That's right, you'd know better than I.  Your preconceived notions trump my anecdotal evidence.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 10:54:54 PM »

Oh, the outrage!  That free men may spread the good news in savage nations.  Cannot these brave soldiers be likened to the Mormon, who happily goes from house to house preaching the virtues of his holy book?  The outrage ought to be reserved not for the Christian soldier, but for the bleeding heart liberal who stands arm in arm with the Mohammedan.  For them to reject one of the founding principles of this nation - that men ought to have freedom of religion - not freedom from religion - is almost treachery.

If the Mohammedans will reject Christ, peace in the Middle East is but a dream, a chasing after the wind.

Yes, peace can come through Middle East only through the embrace of a religion of peace.  Now it is time for the people of Iraq to make a choiceFor Christ, or against him.
If you're going to rant and make yourself look foolish, at least show your Lord some respect and capitalize "him" when referenceing Him.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 11:27:06 PM »

Agreed.  Christianity would be great if it wasn't full of Christians.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies