Iraqis claim Marines are pushing Christianity in Fallujah (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:58:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Iraqis claim Marines are pushing Christianity in Fallujah (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support the promotion of Christianity in Iraq by U.S. Marines?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Iraqis claim Marines are pushing Christianity in Fallujah  (Read 3336 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: May 29, 2008, 05:54:24 PM »

Huh
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 10:06:30 PM »

Yeah, that needed a smiley.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:32:05 PM »

Oh, the outrage!  That free men may spread the good news in savage nations.  Cannot these brave soldiers be likened to the Mormon, who happily goes from house to house preaching the virtues of his holy book? 

When was the last time you were visited by a Mormon Missionary who was armed?

The outrage ought to be reserved not for the Christian soldier, but for the bleeding heart liberal who stands arm in arm with the Mohammedan.  For them to reject one of the founding principles of this nation - that men ought to have freedom of religion - not freedom from religion - is almost treachery.

It was a founding principle of THIS nation that we should have freedom of religion.  It was and is not a founding principle that we should have the freedom to convert other nations at gunpoint. I think the Belgians tried that in the Congo.  How'd that work out?

If the Mohammedans will reject Christ, peace in the Middle East is but a dream, a chasing after the wind.

It would help if the Christians stopped rejecting Christ, first.  Pretty hard to expect Muslims to embrace a Savior whose teaching Christians reject so openly.

Yes, peace can come through Middle East only through the embrace of a religion of peace.  Now it is time for the people of Iraq to make a choiceFor Christ, or against him.  There is no middle ground.  But those who search their hearts and prayerfully seek salvation will come to the truth, and the truth shall set them free.  Indeed, most of the violence in that region can be attributed to the ugly doctrines of Mohammed, which teaches not peace, but war, not forgiveness, but retaliation, not salvation, but eternal damnation.

I'm not too far from agreement on a couple of points.  After all, I believe trusting Jesus as one's savior and being willing to obey his teachings in one's life does yield the fruit of peace and brotherhood.  I've never opposed missionary work.  In fact, the Mrs. and I still support Wycliffe Bible Translators in their outreach to the Islamic world.  We agree that people need Jesus.  But your argument breaks down on a number of levels.

One, people have the right to say "no thank you" and be left alone.  If you think not, then I'll be sure to tell the Mormon missionary who visits you NOT to take no for an answer.

Two, we're not talking about missionaries.  We're talking about soldiers.  Soldiers have a job to do.  If they are doing the work of missionaries, then they are not doing the work of soldiers.

Three, while there's no denying that far too many Muslims take their sacred scriptures literally...leading them to bloodlust and hatred...it seems you have been so focused on the mote in their eye that you callously ignore the beam in your own.  Christians have historically done the same thing and continue to around the world.  Whether it's The Decider's "crusade" for Christ or The Lord's Resistance Army...whatever...remember that "judgment begins with the house of God".

"But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence." - 1 Peter 3:15

Amen, brother. The Great Commission is indisputable. But the Great Commandment is no less a mandate.  You want to convert non-Christians?  You have my full support.  But treat them as you would wish to be treated.  In other words, hear their story first.  Listen to their questions respectfully.  Meet their physical needs if possible.  Be their friend, unconditionally.  Build a relationship.  And then tell them about Jesus. And if they say, "no thanks", love them anyway -- as Jesus would.  I presume you would prefer that a Muslim who wanted to convert you would offer you similar respect.

Don't feed the troll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies