Dark Horse VP Candidates for John Mccain (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:16:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Dark Horse VP Candidates for John Mccain (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dark Horse VP Candidates for John Mccain  (Read 2970 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: May 29, 2008, 09:45:20 PM »

With the possible exception of Gregg, whom I greatly admire, the dark horses are all crap and would be disastrous choices, particularly Keating.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 11:27:06 PM »

Torie,

Is there anyone out your way who might be a decent match for McCain?  I've heard some people suggest Duncan Hunter, who would surely appeal to the right.  And I doubt he'd scare away independents or McCain Democrats.  Any other Californians Mac might take a look at?

No!  And certainly not Duncan "i bounced 460 checks, and I am a protectionist  and Chinaphobe to boot" Hunter.  And forget Chris Cox. I know Chris Cox. California is a GOP desert, in fact a political desert in general, although I think Arnold "I am not eligible" Swartzenwhatits, means well.
The State needs me, and after I fatten my net worth by a few more million, I might make my move. Tongue

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 07:23:35 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2008, 07:26:21 PM by Torie »

Gregg is very smart, fiscal cautious and flinty. My kind of guy. Keating is scandal tarred (I don't remember the details, but they can be looked up). Lamar is old and shopworn, and I don't like the way he used his contacts to get rich during his hiatus from office. Rell I think is pro choice which won't work too well, and has some other problem which escapes me. Mitch Daniels as a potential president just makes me giggle. Please!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 09:07:29 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2008, 09:12:01 PM by Torie »

Gregg is very smart, fiscal cautious and flinty. My kind of guy. Keating is scandal tarred (I don't remember the details, but they can be looked up).

Well, I didn't see any scandals tarring him on Wikipedia. Are you sure you're not thinking of the Keating Five (that's Charles Keating)?  And the others?  I could understand Rell not contributing a lot.

You can read more about Frank Keating here.  The scandal was a weird one involving a phony drug, money fed to Keating over a decade, and the founder of the Dreyfus Mutual Funds, Jack Dreyfus. It ended his political career, permanently. Prior to that he generated buzz.

I have become cynical about politicians for a reason. I have lived just too damn long. The Native Americans (some of them) had it right.  At a certain point, dyspeptic geezers need to go up to the mountain to freeze to death. They just get to be too high maintenance and demoralizing, to the idealistic young filled with hope. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies