Rupert Murdoch thinks Obama will probably win the general election...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:00:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Rupert Murdoch thinks Obama will probably win the general election...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rupert Murdoch thinks Obama will probably win the general election...  (Read 659 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 29, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »

and is leaning towards backing him (!?)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/hilary-rosen/rupert-murdoch-says-obama_b_104018.html
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 04:45:56 PM »

Well Rupert isn't always right.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 05:14:24 PM »

Should Murdoch eventually come out in support of Obama, would this affect FNC's coverage of the race?  (I don't actually know how much real power he has over it, i.e. whether he delegated all of it to Roger Ailes.)
zombones

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 06:07:43 PM »

I always thought media mogul's go for whoever garners more ratings. 
Still, Murdoch is correct.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 06:13:01 PM »

Should Murdoch eventually come out in support of Obama, would this affect FNC's coverage of the race?  (I don't actually know how much real power he has over it, i.e. whether he delegated all of it to Roger Ailes.)

I don't think it effects it at all. I doubt Murdoch directly changed their policies. If he has the #1 news network in the country, there's no reason to change it. Apparently, a study done by the Project for Excellence in Journalism found that FOXNEWS was the harshest on McCain of the big three cable networks, and covered the race the most fair of all of them.
Conan
conan

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 06:35:05 PM »

I don't think it effects it at all. I doubt Murdoch directly changed their policies. If he has the #1 news network in the country, there's no reason to change it. Apparently, a study done by the Project for Excellence in Journalism found that FOXNEWS was the harshest on McCain of the big three cable networks, and covered the race the most fair of all of them.
I thought they haven't been number one since last year?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 06:39:47 PM »

Uh yeah it makes sense that the conservative news channel would not endorse Mccain. Will they be harder on Mccain than Obama in the fall? And will they be fair? The answer to both questions is no.
zombones

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 07:17:45 PM »

@ Conan:  FOXNEWS has been #1 in ratings for cable news for something like 77 months now.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/may_ratings_fnc_stays_on_top_85816.asp

Like the other cable news networks, it is sh**t.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 07:19:18 PM »

Uh yeah it makes sense that the conservative news channel would not endorse Mccain. Will they be harder on Mccain than Obama in the fall? And will they be fair? The answer to both questions is no.

How many independent studies must come out finding that Fox is the fairest news channel out there before you'll be convinced? Look, it's not perfect, but in comparison to the liberal slant of MSNBC and CNN, it is very much fair. No reason to say it isn't a real news network because it doesn't fall in line with your views.

I thought they haven't been number one since last year?

They've been #1 for 77 consecutive months.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/may_ratings_fnc_stays_on_top_85816.asp
Iosif is a COTHO
Mango
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 06:01:51 AM »

Rupert Murdoch has a long history, particularly in Australia and the U.K, of backing and promoting simply who he thinks is going to win anyway.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 06:13:14 AM »

Rupert Murdoch has a long history, particularly in Australia and the U.K, of backing and promoting simply who he thinks is going to win anyway.

I do believe his media franchise endorsed Gough Whitlam in 1972 over William McMahon from memory. So this dosen't come as a surprise that Murdoch is likely to endorse Barack Obama for the Presidency of the United States.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 06:20:51 AM »

AHDuke- MSNBC has a somewhat liberal slant while Fox has a somewhat conservative slant. CNN really just has a slant towards stupidity.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 07:54:54 AM »

AHDuke- MSNBC has a somewhat liberal slant while Fox has a somewhat conservative slant. CNN really just has a slant towards stupidity.

Agreed

jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 10:01:28 AM »

And his Scottish and English papers have backed different parties in the same election.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies