Dems (and others on the left), do you prefer to "battle" Libertarians or Fundies (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:20:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Dems (and others on the left), do you prefer to "battle" Libertarians or Fundies (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you rather have as your political enemies?
Fundies

Libertarians

Neo-Cons

Other (explain)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Dems (and others on the left), do you prefer to "battle" Libertarians or Fundies  (Read 7601 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: May 30, 2008, 11:02:28 AM »

Fundies definitely.  Libertarianism should be annihilated.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 06:18:45 PM »

I guess the difference for me is that fundies at least are doing what they believe is morally right and trying to live a lifestyle that is consistent with that (even though I believe that they are often wrong), whereas libertarians are often just being selfish spoiled dicks.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:28:05 PM »

I'm saddened by how ugly you guys look upon Libertarians.  Which Libertarians have told you they wont NO government?  I only hear that from loons.  Have you ever met a Libertarian Harry?  There are a LOT more rich Democrats than there are rich Libertarians and why would a spoiled person NOT want free things from the state?
Yes, several of my close friends are libertarians.  Also a good number of my close friends are fundies.  We have lively political debates at times, but we usually talk about other things.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 04:57:41 PM »

As a rampant homosexualist, who wants to remain one in public and private life then I have to ally with libertarians.
The Fundies aren't going to be able to "convert" anyone.  And if they harm a gay, they're not really Christian, therefore they aren't really a Fundie.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 07:49:44 PM »

Fundies aren't going to win their battles.  Libertarians might.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 07:57:17 PM »

Fundies aren't going to win their battles.  Libertarians might.
Explain US politics since the late 1970s if fundies don't win,
Abortion is now legal everywhere, sex education entered our schools, we stopped having school prayer, evolution is taught as fact just about everywhere, gays can marry in 2 states and have civil unions in several more.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 10:24:33 PM »

I don't.  I disagree with them on so many things.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 11:19:56 PM »

With respect to Harry, I'd never understand how a Progressive could dislike Libertarianism more then Fundamentalism. At the very least, progressives know Libertarians will be with them on most social issues. Do they have any issues they know Fundies will be with them on? Many of them do seem to have economically liberal sympathies, but I don’t think its as ingrained in their philosophy as social tolerance is in Libertarianism. Not to sound elitist. 
The devil I know is better than the devil I don't know.  Or something like that.  Also, fundies are easier to beat in arguments.  And fundies aren't going to win nationwide ever.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 05:04:32 PM »

Another thing - Fundies are starting to quit denying global warming.  First it was science on board, then soon after liberals and moderates.  Conservatives and Fundies are coming on board.  Libertarians remain the last holdout.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies