Domenici endorses Wilson in NM Senate race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:48:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Domenici endorses Wilson in NM Senate race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Domenici endorses Wilson in NM Senate race  (Read 1192 times)
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 31, 2008, 06:11:04 PM »

http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/0508/Domenici_endorses_Wilson_over_Pearce_for_Senate.html
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 06:16:29 PM »

He's trying to Wilson over the top in a race where she's behind, probably somewhere in the mid-single digits (best guess, according to what I've read).  Probably should have done it earlier in the campaign (and he even admits so).
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 06:16:59 PM »

Well, they did collaborate on the attorneys scandal, so it's no surprise. Amusingly, Wilson does even worse than Pearce in the match-ups.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 06:22:33 PM »

Well, they did collaborate on the attorneys scandal, so it's no surprise. Amusingly, Wilson does even worse than Pearce in the match-ups.

I suspect Wilson is the only one who can beat Udall, actually, but I said that before so I'm repeating myself... Tongue
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 06:36:21 PM »

I suspect Wilson is the only one who can beat Udall, actually, but I said that before so I'm repeating myself... Tongue

I doubt it. She has the moderate support that Pearce does not, but she wouldn't keep that once the race became about the same scandal that's driving Domenici out. Not that Pearce really has a chance at this point, either.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 06:45:37 PM »

I doubt it. She has the moderate support that Pearce does not, but she wouldn't keep that once the race became about the same scandal that's driving Domenici out. Not that Pearce really has a chance at this point, either.

I doubt the race would become about that, though it could play a role.  Note that I did not say that Pearce would not perform better than she would, fundamentally.  The odds are in his favor that he would.  The only reason why she's the only one who can win is because she's the only candidate who can go *nuclear* on Udall, so to speak.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 06:48:55 PM »

I'm not surprised that he picked Wilson over Pearce, but I'm a little surprised he actually publicly endorsed.

Either one will lose.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 01:52:22 AM »

That has to be the dumbest "scandal" in United States history.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 02:22:38 AM »

Yes, politicizing the Justice Department can't hold a candle to patronage in the White House travel agents' office, for sure...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 02:39:19 AM »

Yes, politicizing the Justice Department can't hold a candle to patronage in the White House travel agents' office, for sure...

Of course! You aren't watching enough FOX News, I discern.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 02:40:33 AM »

He's watching more than I am.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 02:48:15 AM »

Damn liberal Rupert Murdoch!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 12:39:23 PM »

Wow, I never had any idea the Justice Department was politicized.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies