Who will win the GOP primary in NJ-7 on Tuesday?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:47:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who will win the GOP primary in NJ-7 on Tuesday?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will NJ-7's GOP primary?
Leonard Lance

Kate Whitman

one of the others

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Who will win the GOP primary in NJ-7 on Tuesday?  (Read 1170 times)
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 31, 2008, 09:09:44 PM »
« edited: May 31, 2008, 09:35:30 PM by Driedapples »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRsRzyv7WFc
Here's a debate between Whitman and Lance.  IMO Whitman wins this debate.  Lance came off a bit shady at first, but eventually became likabel.  This one will be very close.  I think either one of them can beat Stender, though.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 01:10:22 PM »

I'm awaiting the incisive analysis of a NJer before I reach a judgment about which candidate is easier for Stender to beat. For now, I'd argue  Lance is the easier foe. Lance has compiled an extensive voting record, one which could easily be picked apart by Democratic opposition researchers.

In addition to enjoying the advantage of a sterling surname, Ms. Whitman is personable, telegenic, and knowledge about issues. I can't foresee how Stender will run against an articulate young pol with no connection to Bush or the Southern elements of the House GOP.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 03:07:16 PM »

I don't know who will win but I hope it's Lance. We don't need a Whitman in office.

I can't foresee how Stender will run against an articulate young pol with no connection to Bush or the Southern elements of the House GOP.

Oh, you don't? Because they do it all the time especially in NJ.
Conan
conan

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 03:40:49 PM »

I want Lance to win the GOP primary just because he's a fine person and deserves his shot. Whitman is an idiot, and she'd also be easier to beat, although she's been better at using her mother for fundraising. I think she's also out of touch with the district.
Bluegrass Cruiser 420
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 04:18:17 PM »

I want Lance to win the GOP primary just because he's a fine person and deserves his shot. Whitman is an idiot, and she'd also be easier to beat, although she's been better at using her mother for fundraising. I think she's also out of touch with the district.

From what I have been able to glean off the internet about this district and its candidates, |I would tend to agree.  Whitman is the daughter of one of the worst governors in the history of the Garden State.   But then again so has every governor the state has elected since Jim Florio.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 04:19:56 PM »

Every New Jersey governor of the last twenty years should be in prison, imho.  Even though I've met Florio personally and like him (through a personal connection).
Conan
conan

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 08:23:49 PM »

Every New Jersey governor of the last twenty years should be in prison, imho.  Even though I've met Florio personally and like him (through a personal connection).
I don't think you guys give Corzine enough credit.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies