Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2016, 06:09:18 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderator: Brittain33)
| | |-+  2017/2018 Gubernational elections: Who is running megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: 2017/2018 Gubernational elections: Who is running megathread  (Read 2479 times)
Figueira
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2016, 12:24:01 pm »
Ignore

Florida Dems gonna Florida Dem?

Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com  4m4 minutes ago
FLORIDA: Outgoing Cong Patrick Murphy (D), who lost US Sen run, says he wants "to keep all options on the table" about poss 2018 Gov run.

Murphy didn't run a good statewide campaign, he shouldn't run for governor. If he wants back in politics, though, he should run for his house seat again. He seems pretty popular in his district, and a republican just won his seat. He could beat Mast, especially if the midterm is rough for Trump and Republicans.

How did Murphy do vs. Rubio in Murphy's district?

Note: I am not actually British.

Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2016, 01:21:40 pm »
Ignore

FLORIDA: Outgoing Cong Patrick Murphy (D), who lost US Sen run, says he wants "to keep all options on the table" about poss 2018 Gov run.

Murphy didn't run a good statewide campaign, he shouldn't run for governor. If he wants back in politics, though, he should run for his house seat again. He seems pretty popular in his district, and a republican just won his seat. He could beat Mast, especially if the midterm is rough for Trump and Republicans.

Either that or one of the lower statewide offices - Maybe CFO or Agriculture Comissioner.

And to answer the question asked if he won his own district - no, he did not. He did worse than Clinton in both of the notable counties in the district, and Clinton only barely out-performed Perkins.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:24:24 pm by Maxwell »Logged

Figueira
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2016, 01:28:42 pm »
Ignore

Either that or one of the lower statewide offices - Maybe CFO or Agriculture Comissioner.

And to answer the question asked if he won his own district - no, he did not. He did worse than Clinton in both of the notable counties in the district, and Clinton only barely out-performed Perkins.

In that case, let's not run Murphy for anything ever again.

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2016, 04:03:08 pm »
Ignore

WI: Abele and Cullen out.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H.L. Mencken
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Today at 12:06:35 pm »
Ignore

MA: Moulton confirms he's out, running for reelex.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H.L. Mencken
Figueira
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Today at 01:07:55 pm »
Ignore

I'm mildly surprised he announced it so early, but I never expected him to run anyway.

I think it will be Setti Warren honestly.

Mr. Morden
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Today at 04:14:20 pm »
Ignore

Update from that link:

Update 2:30 p.m. December 9: This story originally suggested Tim Cullen was likely to withdraw from the race due to health problems. Cullen has contacted me to say  “That is 100% not true. I pursue this effort, calling people, meeting with people almost daily… looking to a formal announcement early next year.” Sorry, Tim. My apologies for the error.

My magnum opus is now complete.  Read the complete "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy & Blondie" (now in paperback).

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout