Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 04:15:19 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] Print
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 44287 times)
Lowly Griff
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -5.91

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 16, 2014, 04:44:57 am »
Ignore

Fantastic stuff!

Like I said on FB, BK, I'm quite skeptical about the poll's potential accuracy now that we see what the districts are and have the 2008 results in-hand. Nunn and Carter being down by 6 to 8 in the red area when Obama lost it by over 20 in 2008? I don't think skin color and/or frustration with Republicans buys them that much; it's still a mid-term after all, and the electorate is almost destined to look just like 2008's. The poll on balance may be right, but I'm taking it with a few more grains of salt. On the other hand, I hope actual Northwest Georgia is swinging as much as suggested, because I'll feel a bit better about what I've been doing the past few months. Tongue

wifikitten
United States

P P
View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 16, 2014, 05:49:07 pm »
Ignore

NY Times Upshot now gives Democrats a better chance of winning Geogria than holding Colorado.

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
John F. Kennedy
mollybecky
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 16, 2014, 06:14:18 pm »
Ignore

Perdue just can't pull away.   The Sam Nunn effect seems to be helping...people here have fond memories of him. 

The northwest Georgia results could be real.  The economy was really hit hard here (with many counties having unemployment rates well into the teens and beyond).  The story (real or not) of the Pillowtex collapse looks to be resonating against Perdue.
Lowly Griff
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 16, 2014, 11:15:31 pm »
Ignore

Perdue just can't pull away.   The Sam Nunn effect seems to be helping...people here have fond memories of him. 

The northwest Georgia results could be real.  The economy was really hit hard here (with many counties having unemployment rates well into the teens and beyond).  The story (real or not) of the Pillowtex collapse looks to be resonating against Perdue.

I've been wanting to see the Kannapolis ad on the airwaves in the North, but haven't seen it yet. Where are you in NW GA?

Lowly Griff
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 17, 2014, 01:16:04 am »
Ignore

And the flip-side to bringing ol' Zig-Zag back into the mix...

Could they have found a woman to put in the commercial with more of a Southron accent? Roll Eyes

Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 17, 2014, 01:31:27 am »
Ignore

Could they have found a woman to put in the commercial with more of a Southron accent? Roll Eyes

Do you still think Carter will get more votes than Nunn because at this point I'm willing to make a good bet against it

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.

Lowly Griff
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 17, 2014, 01:50:27 am »
Ignore

Do you still think Carter will get more votes than Nunn because at this point I'm willing to make a good bet against it

Maybe? I mean, I thought Nunn would be ahead of Carter by 1-3 going into this, but then changed my mind...maybe I'll be flopping back to my original position soon. Tongue

ALSO I COMPLETELY FORGOT but I have a little family update tracker of my own. I talked to my mom yesterday and she was all like "alright shh don't tell your stepdad but I've made up my mind and I'm voting for Carter and Nunn". She said that "Deal is just too corrupt to vote for" and "I just really don't like Perdue". She's a Dole/Bush/Kerry/McCain/Romney voter who also voted for Barnes & Porter in 2010 (but Perdue in 2002/2006), and hasn't voted for Senate Dem since Zell. Looking at her track record of almost always voting for the PV loser, it may be more of a bad omen than anything. Sad

Lowly Griff
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 17, 2014, 07:54:20 am »
Ignore

Dougherty County reverses course and approves early voting!

The map now looks like this:

Percentage of 2008 Democratic statewide vote with 2014 early Sunday voting locations:
43.7%

Percentage of 2008 Republican statewide vote with 2014 early Sunday voting locations:
17.4%

mollybecky
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 17, 2014, 03:55:08 pm »
Ignore

Posted by: Lowly Griff
I've been wanting to see the Kannapolis ad on the airwaves in the North, but haven't seen it yet. Where are you in NW GA?

Live in the north Atlanta suburbs but have regular work projects in Cartersville and Calhoun.  Things have been tough.  Unemployment rate in Bartow County (Cartersville) topped around 15-16% at the height of the recession, and it's still around 11% in Whitfield County (Dalton).

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 03:59:55 pm by mollybecky »Logged
Lowly Griff
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 17, 2014, 08:14:46 pm »
Ignore

Posted by: Lowly Griff

Live in the north Atlanta suburbs but have regular work projects in Cartersville and Calhoun.  Things have been tough.  Unemployment rate in Bartow County (Cartersville) topped around 15-16% at the height of the recession, and it's still around 11% in Whitfield County (Dalton).

Ah, OK! I actually live in the epicenter of the manufacturing depression (Dalton), so yeah, it's pretty bad even today. I didn't know the unemployment rate got that bad in Cartersville; that's about where it topped out at here.

Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: October 17, 2014, 10:47:33 pm »
Ignore

On Sunday I'll be down in south GA helping my dad to settle some stuff with my grandparents' estate. I will have a lot of conversation time with several of my aunts and uncles who are very politically-minded. So please post any questions or topics you would like discussed in next edition of BK's Family PoliticsWatch: ElectionTracker 2014

This never happened, and the Forum mourns. Cry

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
Wulfric
YaBB God
United States

P P
View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 18, 2014, 03:28:06 am »
Ignore

Rothenberg, who has been the most confident of anyone on republicans holding onto this seat, has finally moved the senate race from Likely R to Leans R.

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 19, 2014, 09:36:51 pm »
Ignore

Did anyone catch the Deal/Carter debate tonight? I've come to the point where I don't watch TV "debates" in principle unless there's a driving factor to do so.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout