Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2016, 12:05:11 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderator: Brittain33)
| | |-+  Wisconsin Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] Print
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 62799 times)
Gass3268
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -8.26

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 06, 2016, 12:04:11 am »
Ignore

Rep. Glenn Grothman says that Voter ID will help Republicans win Wisconsin in November

Good to know they're admitting now that it's about voter suppression.

Endorsements for Upcoming Spring Elections

President (D): Bernie Sanders (Clinton in the general (99% sure))
President (R): #NeverCruz (#NeverTrump can wait until the general election, Cruz is an evil that must be stopped)
Maryland Senate: Donna Edwards
Maryland CD-8: Jamie Raskin
IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 06, 2016, 03:07:11 am »
Ignore

Not so bold prediction: If he runs, he will be re-elected. RIP Wisconsin.

IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 06, 2016, 03:10:27 am »
Ignore

Rep. Glenn Grothman says that Voter ID will help Republicans win Wisconsin in November

The PA House Speaker said the same exact thing in 2012. Fat lot of good it did them.

Mr. Illini
liberty142
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.87

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 06, 2016, 01:07:05 pm »
Ignore

Unfortunate that disgusting Rebecca Bradley won over a qualified candidate Kloppenburg.

Bradley significantly under-performed in WOW. Is it because of the focus that was put on her social conservatism?

Good to hear Tom Barrett won re-election. Always been a big fan.

Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 06, 2016, 01:08:51 pm »
Ignore

Probably - if a Democrat wins the White House in 2016, which is likely. Sad. I wonder which Democrat sacrificial lamb is going to get 45-47% of the vote this time.

#NeverLankford #NeverInhofe #NeverFallin
Northeast Governor Kingpoleon
Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 06, 2016, 10:35:08 pm »
Ignore

The PA House Speaker said the same exact thing in 2012. Fat lot of good it did them.

By preventing voter fraud, at least to them.

Please stop mistaking this for "honesty from evil Reps, LOL," as they honestly support voter ID laws without an evil ulterior motive, much like most Democrats.

"You are the people who pay the taxes and obey the law. You are the people who make America what it is!… It is from your ranks I come, and on your side I stand!" - Gerald Ford

Economic: 1.38
Social: -2.36
Gass3268
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 06, 2016, 11:38:19 pm »
Ignore

Please stop mistaking this for "honesty from evil Reps, LOL," as they honestly support voter ID laws without an evil ulterior motive, much like most Democrats.

Empirical evidence has proven that voter fraud doesn't exist. It's a meme created by Republicans to suppress the vote.

President (R): #NeverCruz (#NeverTrump can wait until the general election, Cruz is an evil that must be stopped)
Justice windjammer
windjammer
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 08, 2016, 02:25:48 am »
Ignore

^^^^^^

WI is one of the worst dem-leaning states.

Flo   it seems like everytime i talk to you i have some sort of illness
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US state senates
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US State Houses
Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 08, 2016, 06:38:23 pm »
Ignore

Empirical evidence has proven that voter fraud doesn't exist. It's a meme created by Republicans to suppress the vote.

So no one honestly believes it?

"You are the people who pay the taxes and obey the law. You are the people who make America what it is!… It is from your ranks I come, and on your side I stand!" - Gerald Ford

BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 09, 2016, 03:11:58 am »
Ignore

TBH, it does seem highly unlikely any GOP Secretary of State honestly believes in voter fraud.

Down-ticket Endorsements:

Harris for Senate (CA)
Murphy for Senate (FL)
Van Hollen for Senate (MD)
Sestak for Senate (PA)
TN volunteer
IndyRep
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -1.74

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: April 09, 2016, 10:41:17 am »
Ignore

Probably - if a Democrat wins the White House in 2016, which is likely. Sad. I wonder which Democrat sacrificial lamb is going to get 45-47% of the vote this time.

I wonder if Tammy Baldwin will lose as well? Baldwin and Johnson both seem kind of doomed right now.

Justice windjammer
windjammer
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 09, 2016, 11:48:59 am »
Ignore

I wonder if Tammy Baldwin will lose as well? Baldwin and Johnson both seem kind of doomed right now.
She would be the underdog, but I would say Toss up/tilt rep. She's a strong campaigner (see her 2012 senate campaign).

Flo   it seems like everytime i talk to you i have some sort of illness
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US state senates
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US State Houses
MasterJedi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 12, 2016, 08:59:23 am »
Ignore

Breakdown of County Exec Race

Larson won Shorewood 55-45%, tied in Milwaukee and basically got blown out almost everywhere else. Not too surprising, Bernie college kids not voting and Larson not having very good relations with the Black community. Calling Lena Taylor "crazy" and asked if she "had taken her meds" along with prior actions when minority leader and getting a white Dem installed in a majority black leader by campaigning hard in the white suburban parts of the district which turned out in the primary. It's not really spoken of but the Black community has no love for him.

Gass3268
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 13, 2016, 03:21:05 pm »
Ignore

Breakdown of County Exec Race

Larson won Shorewood 55-45%, tied in Milwaukee and basically got blown out almost everywhere else. Not too surprising, Bernie college kids not voting and Larson not having very good relations with the Black community. Calling Lena Taylor "crazy" and asked if she "had taken her meds" along with prior actions when minority leader and getting a white Dem installed in a majority black leader by campaigning hard in the white suburban parts of the district which turned out in the primary. It's not really spoken of but the Black community has no love for him.

Looks like there was some Sanders/Abele voters too in some of the more working class suburbs. Both Sanders and Abele did really well West Allis.

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 19, 2016, 01:44:26 pm »
Ignore

Walker says he will likely run for re-election.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H.L. Mencken
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 22, 2016, 03:54:44 pm »
Ignore

Dems float some potential Walker challengers.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H.L. Mencken
MasterJedi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 24, 2016, 09:36:13 pm »
Ignore

Only one who would make a good candidate and choice out of all the names listed is Jennifer Shilling. Better candidates out there.

Gass3268
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 24, 2016, 10:33:25 pm »
Ignore

Only one who would make a good candidate and choice out of all the names listed is Jennifer Shilling. Better candidates out there.

I like Joe Parisi as well, but Shilling is the only other good choice they listed.

Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 25, 2016, 04:58:25 pm »
Ignore

What about an Abele/Cieslewicz or Abele/Tim Carpenter ticket? Both would rally the progressives to his side without disturbing the suburbs much if at all.

MasterJedi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 26, 2016, 03:32:17 pm »
Ignore

What about an Abele/Cieslewicz or Abele/Tim Carpenter ticket? Both would rally the progressives to his side without disturbing the suburbs much if at all.

While I would love an Abele run and victory I doubt it would happen. His victory in April was due to Republicans and independents and he split Democrats/liberals in the city but lost them in the suburbs. Likely wouldn't be able to win the nomination.

Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 26, 2016, 03:49:55 pm »
Ignore

While I would love an Abele run and victory I doubt it would happen. His victory in April was due to Republicans and independents and he split Democrats/liberals in the city but lost them in the suburbs. Likely wouldn't be able to win the nomination.

Would Cieslewicz or Carpenter be a strong enough running-mate to get him the nomination?

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 27, 2016, 03:54:50 pm »
Ignore

Prosser retiring July 31.

7.35, 3.65

Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 27, 2016, 07:57:49 pm »
Ignore

Democrats: James Santelle, Kathleen Falk, Peg Lautschenlager, Susan Happ, Ismael Ozanne

Republicans: J. B. Van Hollen, Adam Jarchow, Cody Horlacher, Dave Heaton

Gass3268
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 27, 2016, 08:08:16 pm »
Ignore

The retirement hands GOP Gov. Scott Walker a second opportunity to appoint a new justice and put his imprint on the state's high court with a jurist who could then stand for election in 2020.

Yeah, his appointment won't be up to reelection until Spring 2020.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout