Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2017, 12:03:07 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, Virginia)
| | |-+  Which governor's mansion is the best chance for a Dem pickup in 2018?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Which of these state is most likely to have a democratic governor in Feb 2019?
Vermont   -1 (2.9%)
New Hampshire   -31 (88.6%)
Massachusetts   -3 (8.6%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Which governor's mansion is the best chance for a Dem pickup in 2018?  (Read 173 times)
LabourJersey
United States

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2017, 07:18:30 pm »
Ignore

I was thinking about New England politics, and was wondering about this. I'm genuinely unsure about this, so I was wonder what you all thought (aside from TN Vol, since we would all know his answer already)
Da-Jon
olawakandi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 08:15:31 pm »
Ignore

New Hamsphire
Figueira
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 10:16:27 pm »
Ignore

New Hampshire, it's not even a question. This is actually a result of it being the most Republican of the three--in Vermont and Massachusetts, Democrats control the legislature by wide margins (veto-proof, in Massachusetts's case) and Scott and Baker are good at the balancing act they need to stay popular in their states. New Hampshire, on the other hand, has a Republican trifecta (plus the executive council) so if anything goes wrong the Republicans (including Sununu) are clearly to blame. I think Sununu is still favored because incumbents usually are, but he'll have a tough time getting re-elected.

After that I'd say Massachusetts is the most likely pickup--Setti Warren seems like a decent candidate, and Massachusetts gubernatorial elections tend to follow the national trends more than Vermont ones (Romney would have lost in 2006, for example). Maine is more likely than any of them, though.

Note: I am not actually British.

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 02:19:58 am »
Ignore

Sununu is the most unpopular of the three, his state is the most Democratic (on the statewide level) and inelastic, he only won narrowly because his opponent in 2016 sucked, etc. The guy is basically DOA, especially if Stefany Shaheen runs. Likely D.

The others are all slightly favored.

SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 05:32:00 am »
Ignore

New Hampshire. This is like asking if it's more likely to snow in New York or Texas.

18:37   Clark   Most of you are considered to be trolls, and with good reason

15:55   windjammer   you should all go to hell

For once, SWE is right
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout