Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:56:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 ... 253
Author Topic: Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle  (Read 849257 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4250 on: November 28, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »

Mark Schoesler of Ritzville has been elected Senate Republican leader.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #4251 on: November 28, 2012, 08:26:17 PM »

You probably guessed I would say this from my username, but you guys out in Washington state must have nothing better to do than to sit around the house, get high, and watch the tube.

Not every Washington poster voted to legalize marijuana.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4252 on: November 28, 2012, 11:20:56 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2012, 11:32:45 PM by Grad Students are the Worst »

You probably guessed I would say this from my username, but you guys out in Washington state must have nothing better to do than to sit around the house, get high, and watch the tube.

More to point, anyone who voted on the basis of whether they like or dislike marijuana is an asshole.  I've never touched the stuff, but I'm less of a fan of drug cartels and indefensible enforcement costs.  Personal dis(taste) for marijuana and its smokers is an incredibly juvenile basis for deciding such a significant public policy.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4253 on: November 29, 2012, 01:32:20 PM »

More to point, anyone who voted on the basis of whether they like or dislike marijuana is an asshole.  I've never touched the stuff, but I'm less of a fan of drug cartels and indefensible enforcement costs.  Personal dis(taste) for marijuana and its smokers is an incredibly juvenile basis for deciding such a significant public policy.

I would respectfully disagree with pretty much all of that, but I would also point out that my preferred policy option wasn't on the ballot (decriminalization, not legalization).
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4254 on: November 29, 2012, 05:57:27 PM »

More to point, anyone who voted on the basis of whether they like or dislike marijuana is an asshole.  I've never touched the stuff, but I'm less of a fan of drug cartels and indefensible enforcement costs.  Personal dis(taste) for marijuana and its smokers is an incredibly juvenile basis for deciding such a significant public policy.

I would respectfully disagree with pretty much all of that, but I would also point out that my preferred policy option wasn't on the ballot (decriminalization, not legalization).

I'm not sure which part of that was remotely controversial?  I can understand opposing marijuana on the basis that it's bad for people, but that's not the same thing as opposing it because it's distasteful.  What possible relevance to public policy could that have?  How could it possibly be more relevant to the financial costs, public health concerns, law enforcement concerns, effect on cartel drug trade, and pretty much all of the factors involved?

(I was just responding to Oldiesfreak's post, by the way, not alluding to the reason why anyone actually voted or didn't vote on the measure...just in case it seemed otherwise.)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4255 on: November 29, 2012, 06:18:49 PM »

More to point, anyone who voted on the basis of whether they like or dislike marijuana is an asshole.  I've never touched the stuff, but I'm less of a fan of drug cartels and indefensible enforcement costs.  Personal dis(taste) for marijuana and its smokers is an incredibly juvenile basis for deciding such a significant public policy.

I'm not sure which part of that was remotely controversial?  I can understand opposing marijuana on the basis that it's bad for people, but that's not the same thing as opposing it because it's distasteful.  What possible relevance to public policy could that have?  How could it possibly be more relevant to the financial costs, public health concerns, law enforcement concerns, effect on cartel drug trade, and pretty much all of the factors involved?

(I was just responding to Oldiesfreak's post, by the way, not alluding to the reason why anyone actually voted or didn't vote on the measure...just in case it seemed otherwise.)

I wasn't completely sure about who you were responding to, but I thought that was the case. Tongue

Presumably if someone finds marijuana "distasteful" then there is reason behind it. If not and they still want to ban it, then you're probably right (though it's not guaranteed). Provided they have such reasoning, I see no reason why it would be any less valid of a basis for a vote than anything else. People's gut reactions to issues are probably the most widely used rationale for voting that there is, occasionally wrapped up in their own cherry-picked arguments that happen to align with that feeling. We all do it. Sure, it might not be the best reasoning, but I don't think it makes someone an asshole. It's simply not possible to remove emotion and viscera like that.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4256 on: November 29, 2012, 06:23:08 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2012, 06:38:54 PM by Grad Students are the Worst »

I wasn't completely sure about who you were responding to, but I thought that was the case. Tongue

Presumably if someone finds marijuana "distasteful" then there is reason behind it. If not and they still want to ban it, then you're probably right (though it's not guaranteed). Provided they have such reasoning, I see no reason why it would be any less valid of a basis for a vote than anything else. People's gut reactions to issues are probably the most widely used rationale for voting that there is, occasionally wrapped up in their own cherry-picked arguments that happen to align with that feeling. We all do it. Sure, it might not be the best reasoning, but I don't think it makes someone an asshole.

Teenagers, innocent people, are being slaughtered and left in shallow graves in Mexico.  Let's assume, for a minute, that legalizing marijuana decreases cartel profits -- which I think the weight of the evidence pretty clearly shows (the arguments criticizing this assertion are pretty weak, IMO.)  Why would someone rationalize and cherry-pick for their personal distaste for potheads above their personal distaste for mass slaughter?  I don't care how natural that is, or how common it is.  I don't understand why using the inferior reasoning can be morally justified.  It's choosing to preference personal prejudice over much, much more important things -- even, albeit indirectly, people's lives.  How is it not self-centered, vindictive and abhorrent?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4257 on: November 29, 2012, 06:39:30 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2012, 06:54:18 PM by realisticidealist »

Presumably if someone finds marijuana "distasteful" then there is reason behind it. If not and they still want to ban it, then you're probably right (though it's not guaranteed). Provided they have such reasoning, I see no reason why it would be any less valid of a basis for a vote than anything else. People's gut reactions to issues are probably the most widely used rationale for voting that there is, occasionally wrapped up in their own cherry-picked arguments that happen to align with that feeling. We all do it. Sure, it might not be the best reasoning, but I don't think it makes someone an asshole.

Teenagers are being slaughtered and left in shallow graves in Mexico.  Let's assume, for a minute, that legalizing marijuana decreases cartel profits -- which I think the weight of the evidence pretty clearly shows (the arguments criticizing this assertion are pretty weak, IMO.)  Why would someone rationalize and cherry-pick for their personal distaste for potheads above their personal distaste for mass slaughter?  I don't care how natural that is, or how common it is.  I don't understand why using the inferior reasoning can be morally justified.  It's choosing to preference personal prejudice over much, much more important things -- even, albeit indirectly, people's lives.  How is it not self-centered, vindictive and abhorrent?

Assuming your premise is true, it doesn't follow that legalizing marijuana would end the cartels or the violence around them. They make more money off other drugs that aren't going to be legalized any time soon. You can't assume that a vote for legalizing marijuana is a vote to save teenagers or that a vote to keep it illegal is a vote to kill them. Also, I don't think that legalizing drugs is the solution to ending cartels anyway; they are symptomatic of deeper economic and social problems in Latin America (e.g. institutionalized cultural corruption makes policing impossible, and inadequate human capital from no infrastructure, inadequate schooling, etc. holds back economic development from providing a standard of living prerequisite to make people not have to resort to violent criminal behavior, etc.).

Regardless, oldiesfreak1854 is an odd duck, shall we say.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4258 on: November 29, 2012, 07:25:35 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2012, 07:35:26 PM by Grad Students are the Worst »

Teenagers are being slaughtered and left in shallow graves in Mexico.  Let's assume, for a minute, that legalizing marijuana decreases cartel profits -- which I think the weight of the evidence pretty clearly shows (the arguments criticizing this assertion are pretty weak, IMO.)  Why would someone rationalize and cherry-pick for their personal distaste for potheads above their personal distaste for mass slaughter?  I don't care how natural that is, or how common it is.  I don't understand why using the inferior reasoning can be morally justified.  It's choosing to preference personal prejudice over much, much more important things -- even, albeit indirectly, people's lives.  How is it not self-centered, vindictive and abhorrent?

Assuming your premise is true, it doesn't follow that legalizing marijuana would end the cartels or the violence around them. They make more money off other drugs that aren't going to be legalized any time soon. You can't assume that a vote for legalizing marijuana is a vote to save teenagers or that a vote to keep it illegal is a vote to kill them. Also, I don't think that legalizing drugs is the solution to ending cartels anyway; they are symptomatic of deeper economic and social problems in Latin America (e.g. institutionalized cultural corruption makes policing impossible, and inadequate human capital from no infrastructure, inadequate schooling, etc. holds back economic development from providing a standard of living prerequisite to make people not have to resort to violent criminal behavior, etc.).

When did I say that marijuana legalization would end the cartels?  I think the evidence is pretty overwhelming that it would have a marginal effect in decreasing their revenues and, I think, the arguments that this would decrease violence is vastly better.  However, that's a not the point of what I'm saying.  The point of what I'm saying is that, if someone ranks something like the death of others below their personal distaste in choosing a public policy on this issue, it's abhorrent.  It doesn't matter if "cherry-picking" arguments that align with our "gut reactions" is natural/common/whatever.  If this involves:

1. Irrationally prioritizing one thing (e.g., personal distaste) over another, more morally important thing (e.g., life); or,

2. Claiming to maintain rational preferences (e.g. life > distaste for pot-smokers), but "cherry-picking" evidence in a way that skews the evidence in a way that  effectively orders the preferences irrationally (e.g., distaste for pot-smokers > life)

Then:

1. That's f**ked up; and,

2. We are absolutely morally responsible for the gap between our cherry-picked evidence and actuality, and our irrational prioritizations (whether explicit or demonstrated by the way we cherry-pick/rationalize) and our actual moral beliefs.

That's probably unnecessarily elaborate, so...in other words, how the hell can cherry-picking and rationalization logically be morally OK, except by pure accident?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4259 on: November 30, 2012, 03:49:09 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2012, 03:51:51 PM by Grad Students are the Worst »

Looking at the precinct results across the state, it's pretty clear that, despite their relatively low education and income levels and high levels of religiosity, Native Americans probably voted for gay marriage at rates comparable to or greater than whites.  Here's an aggregation of results from Native-heavy precincts, excluding areas like the Lummi Reservation, Suquamish Reservation and Tulalip, where there are lots of liberal whites around.

President
Obama 2,586 (75.92%)
Romney 751 (22.05%)
Other 69 (2.03%)

Referendum 74
Approved 1,812 (54.45%)
Rejected 1,516 (45.55%)

As you can tell from the number of Romney votes, there are definitely some white voters polluting the numbers, and they're not liberal ones; all but one of the precincts are in areas where the whites are mostly socially conservative.  It looks like reservation Indians voted for gay marriage by double digits.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4260 on: December 01, 2012, 01:20:34 AM »

After tabulating the precinct results, Obama won WA-10 56.3% to 41.14%, and won WA-6 56.14% to 41.84%.  Very slight republican shifts, as expected. 
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4261 on: December 01, 2012, 01:29:22 AM »

King County maps shall be coming soon.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #4262 on: December 01, 2012, 01:55:22 AM »

^ I hadn't noticed they released them today! I thought they were going to make us wait until Tuesday. Looks like they've listed I-1240 three times, and are missing pot and gay marriage, so I'm guessing they mislabeled those two as 1240.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4263 on: December 01, 2012, 02:15:06 AM »

^ I hadn't noticed they released them today! I thought they were going to make us wait until Tuesday. Looks like they've listed I-1240 three times, and are missing pot and gay marriage, so I'm guessing they mislabeled those two as 1240.

Yes, they did.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4264 on: December 01, 2012, 02:25:24 AM »

Wait, you mean precinct results?  Already?  Huh
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4265 on: December 01, 2012, 02:56:04 AM »

President:

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4266 on: December 01, 2012, 03:04:26 AM »

Gay marriage:

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4267 on: December 01, 2012, 03:11:52 AM »

Marijuana:

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4268 on: December 01, 2012, 05:16:27 AM »

Top R-74
1. Seattle - 82.27%
2. Langley - 79.67%
3. Bainbridge Island - 79.32%
4. Port Townsend - 77.93%
5. Lake Forest Park - 72.84%
6. Index - 71.88%
7. Bellingham - 70.88%
8. Olympia - 70.66%
9. Mercer Island - 70.58%
10. La Conner - 69.91%
11. Friday Harbor - 67.34%
12. Shoreline - 67.09%
13. Yarrow Point - 66.96%
14. Beaux Arts Village - 66.51%
15. Pullman - 66.25%
16. Medina - 65.74%
17. Redmond - 65.39%
18. Kirkland - 65.18%
19. Kenmore - 64.39%
20. Ruston - 64.39%
273. Reardan - 25.67%
274. Mansfield - 25.35%
275. Warden - 24.62%
276. Washtucna - 23.36%
277. Coulee City - 22.45%
278. Malden - 21.51%
279. Kahlotus - 21.33%
280. Lynden - 21.04%
281. Starbuck - 20.00%
282. Hatton - 15.79%
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4269 on: December 01, 2012, 05:24:55 AM »

Top Obama
1. Nespelem - 92.00%
2. Wapato - 85.35%
3. Mabton - 84.98%
4. Seattle - 83.38%
5. Langley - 81.18%
6. Port Townsend - 78.29%
7. Mattawa - 77.51%
8. Toppenish - 77.10%
9. Bainbridge Island - 74.75%
10. Index - 74.74%
11. Granger - 74.41%
12. Tukwila - 73.89%
13. Lake Forest Park - 73.50%
14. Shoreline - 73.15%
15. Olympia - 72.16%
16. Winthrop - 71.87%
17. Bellingham - 70.36%
18. Mountlake Terrace - 70.12%
19. Bingen - 70.00%
20. Skykomish - 69.81%
273. Krupp - 26.08%
274. Washtucna - 24.52%
275. Lynden - 24.32%
276. St. John - 23.97%
277. Waverly - 23.07%
278. Mansfield - 22.75%
279. Starbuck - 22.09%
280. Hatton - 21.05%
281. LaCrosse - 20.44%
282. Lamont - 15.62%

Top Romney
1. Lamont - 84.37%
2. Hatton - 78.94%
3. LaCrosse - 77.90%
4. Waverly - 76.92%
5. Starbuck - 76.74%
6. Washtucna - 74.52%
7. Mansfield - 74.48%
8. St. John - 74.31%
9. Lynden - 73.74%
10. Ione - 71.06%
11. Davenport - 70.34%
12. Reardan - 70.12%
13. Prescott - 69.11%
14. Yacolt - 68.48%
15. Colfax - 68.37%
16. Pomeroy - 68.28%
17. Waterville - 68.26%
18. Colton - 67.19%
19. Nooksack - 66.31%
20. Hartline - 66.21%
273. Bainbridge Island - 23.07%
274. Mattawa - 21.70%
275. Toppenish - 21.37%
276. Index - 19.19%
277. Port Townsend - 17.30%
278. Langley - 16.53%
279. Mabton - 14.05%
280. Seattle - 13.80%
281. Wapato - 12.99%
282. Nespelem - 6.00%

Top Other
1. Krupp - 13.04%
2. Latah - 8.65%
3. Sprague - 6.12%
4. Index - 6.06%
5. Hamilton - 5.88%
6. Rock Island - 5.76%
7. Tonasket - 5.54%
8. Harrington - 5.40%
9. Riverside - 5.26%
10. Vader - 5.12%
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4270 on: December 01, 2012, 05:30:28 AM »

Seattle Neighborhoods
Top Obama
1. Central District - 92.00%
2. Stevens - 91.49%
3. Columbia City - 90.92%
4. Broadway - 90.90%
5. Madrona - 90.20%
6. Mount Baker - 89.54%
7. Atlantic - 89.45%
8. Fremont - 88.34%
9. Phinney Ridge - 88.24%
10. Leschi - 88.21%
11. North Beacon Hill - 88.06%
12. North Stevens - 88.00%
13. Whittier Heights - 87.95%
14. West Woodland - 87.94%
15. Wallingford - 87.79%
16. South Beacon Hill/Holly Park - 87.17%
17. Ravenna - 86.75%
18. Meridian - 86.75%
19. Loyal Heights - 86.40%
20. Denny-Blaine - 86.33%
21. Brighton/NewHolly - 85.83%
22. Eastlake - 85.74%
23. Dunlap - 85.66%
24. Ballard - 85.63%
25. Montlake - 85.49%
26. Rainier View - 85.40%
27. Mid Beacon Hill - 85.28%
28. North Delridge - 85.17%
29. Roosevelt - 85.14%
30. North Broadway - 85.11%
31. Georgetown/SoDo - 85.09%
32. Greenwood - 84.99%
33. First Hill - 84.75%
34. Bryant - 84.25%
35. Roxhill - 84.21%
36. Wedgwood - 84.11%
37. Green Lake - 83.89%
38. Rainier Beach - 83.80%
39. Maple Leaf - 83.66%
40. Seward Park - 83.47%
41. West Queen Anne - 83.41%
42. South Park - 83.39%
43. Portage Bay - 83.36%
44. Victory Heights - 83.07%
45. Meadowbrook - 82.91%
46. High Point - 82.84%
47. University District - 82.54%
48. North Queen Anne - 82.14%
49. Fairmount Park - 82.11%
50. Gatewood - 82.02%
51. Pioneer Square - 81.99%
52. North College Park - 81.94%
53. Olympic Hills - 81.90%
54. East Queen Anne - 81.87%
55. West Seattle Junction - 81.80%
56. Lower Queen Anne - 81.78%
57. Crown Hill - 81.60%
58. South Delridge - 81.54%
59. Riverview - 81.50%
60. Cedar Park - 81.42%
61. Bitter Lake - 81.38%
62. Highland Park - 81.16%
63. Sunset Hill - 80.99%
64. Matthews Beach - 80.91%
65. Hawthorne Hills - 80.87%
66. Interbay/Gilman - 80.64%
67. Sand Point - 80.45%
68. Haller Lake - 80.18%
69. Westlake - 80.18%
70. International District/Yesler Terrace - 80.11%
71. Genesee - 79.98%
72. Seaview - 79.17%
73. Denny Regrade - 79.05%
74. Broadview - 78.89%
75. South Lake Union - 78.87%
76. North Admiral - 78.82%
77. Belltown - 78.71%
78. Pinehurst - 78.11%
79. Lawton Park - 77.90%
80. Fauntleroy - 77.26%
81. Madison Valley - 77.09%
82. Downtown - 76.32%
83. View Ridge - 76.19%
84. North Beach/Blue Ridge - 76.05%
85. Arbor Heights - 75.62%
86. Alki - 74.82%
87. Southeast Magnolia - 73.14%
88. Laurelhurst - 72.17%
89. Windermere - 71.12%
90. Briarcliff - 67.85%
91. Madison Park - 64.60%

Top Romney
1. Madison Park - 34.05%
2. Briarcliff - 30.40%
3. Windermere - 26.40%
4. Laurelhurst - 26.35%
5. Southeast Magnolia - 24.43%
6. Alki - 23.25%
7. View Ridge - 22.25%
8. Arbor Heights - 22.06%
9. North Beach/Blue Ridge - 21.92%
10. Fauntleroy - 21.32%
11. Madison Valley - 21.01%
12. Downtown - 20.92%
13. Lawton Park - 19.85%
14. Pinehurst - 19.19%
15. North Admiral - 19.09%
16. Broadview - 18.80%
17. Seaview - 18.66%
18. Genesee - 17.77%
19. South Lake Union - 17.66%
20. Belltown - 17.63%
21. Haller Lake - 17.13%
22. Matthews Beach - 17.12%
23. Sunset Hill - 16.90%
24. Denny Regrade - 16.57%
25. Hawthorne Hills - 16.42%
26. Highland Park - 16.39%
27. Riverview - 16.37%
28. Westlake - 16.36%
29. Cedar Park - 15.88%
30. South Delridge - 15.83%
31. Gatewood - 15.65%
32. East Queen Anne - 15.65%
33. West Seattle Junction - 15.65%
34. Olympic Hills - 15.49%
35. International District/Yesler Terrace - 15.41%
36. Crown Hill - 15.40%
37. Bitter Lake - 15.33%
38. North Queen Anne - 15.32%
39. Fairmount Park - 15.28%
40. Interbay/Gilman - 15.22%
41. Sand Point - 15.17%
42. North College Park - 14.81%
43. Rainier Beach - 14.75%
44. Lower Queen Anne - 14.58%
45. High Point - 14.44%
46. West Queen Anne - 14.31%
47. Victory Heights - 14.24%
48. Seward Park - 14.00%
49. Portage Bay - 13.90%
50. Meadowbrook - 13.72%
51. Roxhill - 13.17%
52. Green Lake - 13.14%
53. Maple Leaf - 13.07%
54. South Park - 13.06%
55. Pioneer Square - 13.05%
56. Bryant - 12.97%
57. North Broadway - 12.89%
58. Wedgwood - 12.88%
59. University District - 12.74%
60. Dunlap - 12.73%
61. Mid Beacon Hill - 12.72%
62. Montlake - 12.62%
63. Rainier View - 12.46%
64. Brighton/NewHolly - 12.40%
65. Denny-Blaine - 12.27%
66. First Hill - 12.17%
67. South Beacon Hill/Holly Park - 11.75%
68. North Delridge - 11.73%
69. Roosevelt - 11.68%
70. Greenwood - 11.58%
71. Loyal Heights - 11.32%
72. Ballard - 11.09%
73. North Stevens - 10.95%
74. Eastlake - 10.72%
75. Ravenna - 10.4%
76. Meridian - 9.73%
77. Georgetown/SoDo - 9.61%
78. Whittier Heights - 9.17%
79. Leschi - 9.14%
80. Phinney Ridge - 9.07%
81. Mount Baker - 8.91%
82. North Beacon Hill - 8.86%
83. Wallingford - 8.84%
84. West Woodland - 8.46%
85. Fremont - 7.67%
86. Madrona - 7.56%
87. Atlantic - 7.21%
88. Columbia City - 6.34%
89. Broadway - 5.29%
90. Stevens - 5.10%
91. Central District - 4.28%

Top R-74 (gay marriage)
1. Broadway - 94.47%
2. Fremont - 92.79%
3. North Stevens - 92.41%
4. Stevens - 92.05%
5. Eastlake - 91.43%
6. Wallingford - 91.03%
7. North Broadway - 90.97%
8. Phinney Ridge - 90.19%
9. Meridian - 89.97%
10. Portage Bay - 89.88%
11. Madrona - 89.35%
12. West Woodland - 89.05%
13. Montlake - 88.96%
14. West Queen Anne - 88.46%
15. Ravenna - 88.01%
16. Westlake - 87.87%
17. Lower Queen Anne - 87.84%
18. Whittier Heights - 87.77%
19. Madison Valley - 87.58%
20. Ballard - 87.55%
21. Roosevelt - 87.20%
22. East Queen Anne - 86.84%
23. Loyal Heights - 86.70%
24. University District - 86.53%
25. Central District - 86.44%
26. Green Lake - 86.05%
27. North Queen Anne - 85.93%
28. First Hill - 85.81%
29. Denny Regrade - 85.77%
30. Denny-Blaine - 84.81%
31. Wedgwood - 84.78%
32. Georgetown/SoDo - 84.64%
33. Bryant - 84.41%
34. Greenwood - 84.31%
35. Hawthorne Hills - 83.87%
36. Leschi - 83.50%
37. West Seattle Junction - 83.41%
38. South Lake Union - 83.09%
39. Interbay/Gilman - 83.03%
40. Mount Baker - 82.97%
41. Downtown - 82.95%
42. Maple Leaf - 82.86%
43. Sunset Hill - 82.84%
44. Belltown - 82.81%
45. Meadowbrook - 82.63%
46. Roxhill - 82.46%
47. Gatewood - 81.46%
48. Matthews Beach - 81.34%
49. Fairmount Park - 81.20%
50. North College Park - 80.88%
51. View Ridge - 80.87%
52. North Delridge - 80.83%
53. Seward Park - 80.81%
54. Seaview - 80.72%
55. Laurelhurst - 80.40%
56. Sand Point - 80.04%
57. North Admiral - 79.84%
58. Genesee - 79.55%
59. Victory Heights - 79.39%
60. Lawton Park - 79.36%
61. North Beach/Blue Ridge - 78.95%
62. Crown Hill - 78.87%
63. Windermere - 78.86%
64. Madison Park - 78.80%
65. Southeast Magnolia - 78.52%
66. Alki - 78.51%
67. Fauntleroy - 78.08%
68. Broadview - 77.54%
69. North Beacon Hill - 77.23%
70. Atlantic - 76.84%
71. Columbia City - 76.56%
72. Cedar Park - 76.50%
73. Briarcliff - 76.18%
74. Arbor Heights - 75.13%
75. Bitter Lake - 74.84%
76. Haller Lake - 74.74%
77. Olympic Hills - 73.91%
78. Riverview - 72.11%
79. South Park - 71.12%
80. High Point - 70.92%
81. Pioneer Square - 70.80%
82. South Delridge - 70.36%
83. Pinehurst - 70.16%
84. Highland Park - 69.45%
85. Mid Beacon Hill - 64.70%
86. International District/Yesler Terrace - 64.03%
87. Rainier Beach - 63.22%
88. Brighton/NewHolly - 59.29%
89. Dunlap - 58.22%
90. Rainier View - 57.53%
91. South Beacon Hill/Holly Park - 55.14%
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4271 on: December 01, 2012, 05:38:07 AM »
« Edited: December 01, 2012, 05:40:34 AM by Grad Students are the Worst »

Finally, Romney placed third in three high-vote Seattle precincts: two performances behind Stein in the Central District and, amusingly, a loss to Gary Johnson in a Wallingford precinct.

In Seattle, R-74's best performance was 628-11 (98.28%) at a Capitol Hill precinct.  It got rejected in four precincts -- the one including Yesler Terrace, and three in the Rainier Valley.  All were minority-heavy, and two (Yesler Terrace and one in the Holly Park area) were over 60% Reject.  The other two Seattle precincts that Rejected R-71 voted for R-74.

Obama's best Seattle precinct, in the Central District, gave him 96.23%.  This was also Romney's worst, at 1.67%.  Obama lost only one Seattle precinct, the one covering Broadmoor Golf & Country Club, which voted for him in '08 but voted Romney by 13 points.

bgwah noted that Mitt Romney's showing of 13.80% in Seattle is actually less than John McCain's 13.81% from 2008.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4272 on: December 01, 2012, 08:24:24 AM »

Hey, since i don't have a program that opens zip files, would someone be nice enough to get Obama's numbers in Washington' 1st, 2nd, 7th, 8th and 9th districts so I can update the map?  Thanks.  
Seattle
United States

« Reply #4273 on: December 01, 2012, 02:10:10 PM »

Did Montlake Park swing to Obama? I don't believe he got over 70% there in 2008. I think Skykomish also swung to Obama.

Also... Silly Viewridge County Club lowering Viewridge's Obama percentage.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4274 on: December 01, 2012, 03:10:48 PM »

Did Montlake Park swing to Obama? I don't believe he got over 70% there in 2008. I think Skykomish also swung to Obama.

Sorry, Montlake Park?  Not sure what you mean.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 ... 253  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies