Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:07:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 ... 252
Author Topic: Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle  (Read 847527 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4650 on: May 17, 2014, 10:01:30 PM »

I found that article about the Republicanspirit lady: http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2012/06/28/leslie-klein-im-running-to-represent-only-people-not-planets. Worrying.

Micah Anderson, the candidate of the Framer Party is the founder and was the President of the Hashford Compassion Club in Tacoma in 2011. (so, a pot guy).

Centralist is Ronnie Rae, a criminal law defence attorney in Spokane. He ran for District Judge for Stevens County in 2010 and badly lost.

Human Rights Party (http://thehumanrightsparty.org/) claims principles from a Stéphane Hessel essay (for a bio of Stéphane Hessel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St%C3%A9phane_Hessel).
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4651 on: May 18, 2014, 01:17:39 PM »

The SA candidate is listed on the King County website. Not sure why she isn't on the SOS page.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #4652 on: May 25, 2014, 12:24:29 PM »

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/politicsnorthwest/2014/05/21/pam-roachs-democratic-opponent-conservative-whos-called-for-obama-impeachment/

Pam Roach is always good for entertainment value.
wa_framer
« Reply #4653 on: May 31, 2014, 02:32:45 AM »
« Edited: May 31, 2014, 02:50:01 AM by wa_framer »

Please allow me to shed some light on Micah James Anderson, Framer Party, 27th District, AKA "Pot Guy"

Mr. Anderson, has dedicated over 15 years to Organizational Communications tactics within the private and not for profit sectors allowing for the development of critical skills required for maintaining a positive direction. 

Mr. Anderson, is a proud Pierce College Alumni, Visual Communications Pioneer with Washington State University, focusing on  Psychology, Media, and the Arts.  While preparing for the LSATS, Mr. Anderson finds himself regularly utilizing the practical application of civil and business law.

When asked why he is running for office, Mr. Anderson stated "After, I found myself reading our State’s constitution to elected officials, I knew something has to give and it will not be more of our rights, liberties, and freedom."

He continued "As a Framer, I am not reinventing policy.  Rather returning to a government committed to preserving the ideals of America, with a dedication to liberty, objectivity, virtue, logic, and reason while representing We The People!

Cheers!

MJA
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4654 on: May 31, 2014, 03:57:24 PM »

That explains why I received an email from him, while living in Quebec. I was very shocked. I apologize to Mr. Anderson if he was offended and wish him good luck for the August 5th election.
wa_framer
« Reply #4655 on: May 31, 2014, 09:15:45 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2014, 09:23:52 PM by wa_framer »

Not offended at all, I am just a stickler for first impressions. What offends me is the number of uninformed elected officials in Washington State.  We The People had things right the First time!  We need to stop handing out felonies like candy, stop passing the buck, and start taking responsibility while holding our government accountable for their actions. 

Thank you for the kind words of support.  This is my first attempt at the big show!  I look forward to keeping everyone posted.  Perhaps I will be able to add some life to the election and liberty to the people! 

Cheers,

MJA
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4656 on: May 31, 2014, 09:44:38 PM »

I am sooo glad I don't live in Washington state, because I don't know how I could stand living in what is probably the most liberal state in the country (in terms of policies.)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4657 on: June 01, 2014, 02:04:24 PM »

The voters' guide is here! http://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4658 on: June 01, 2014, 03:24:48 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2014, 03:32:06 PM by angryGreatness »

I am sooo glad I don't live in Washington state, because I don't know how I could stand living in what is probably the most liberal state in the country (in terms of policies.)

I'm glad you don't live here either.

Huh, looks like the GOP finally got a candidate for WA-06. Kilmer will face Marty McClendon, a real estate broker from Gig Harbor.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #4659 on: June 08, 2014, 12:48:54 PM »

Despite the natural beauty, culture, and artistic and economic activity Washington produces, it have gay marriage and marijuana so it is a terrible place to live. [/OldiesFreak]
wa_framer
« Reply #4660 on: June 08, 2014, 03:55:25 PM »

Despite the natural beauty, culture, and artistic and economic activity Washington produces, it have gay marriage and marijuana so it is a terrible place to live. [/OldiesFreak]

The two party political system is just one of the many self-fulfilling prophecies our Forefathers feared.   A true republic is not intended to be a society based upon one side or the other but rather free will.  

I appreciate all the many opportunities to practice free will Washington has to offer. Such as the freedom to choose a partner without prejudice and the ability to practice natural medicine.

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4661 on: June 08, 2014, 05:42:47 PM »

It also has assisted suicide and blanket primaries, and it hasn't elected a GOP governor since 1980.  I admire the other things you mentioned, but it would be an absolute nightmare for me politically.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4662 on: June 11, 2014, 05:01:02 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2014, 05:06:02 AM by Grad Students are the Worst »

Hey, Micah!  Former North End Tacoma resident myself, born and raised.  I just moved out of the 27th last year (although I'm posting from there now).  Welcome to the forum.  A lot of 27th folks have asked me about your candidacy, so it's kind of a trip to see you here Smiley
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4663 on: July 03, 2014, 01:06:37 PM »

Unfortunately, the software crashes whenever I try to add it.  Yellow is 50%.  Intervals of 5 from there.  I'll try to re-do them with the scale added ASAP.

Alcon, did you delete your 2013 maps? Why? Sad
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4664 on: July 03, 2014, 03:27:50 PM »

It also has assisted suicide and blanket primaries, and it hasn't elected a GOP governor since 1980.  I admire the other things you mentioned, but it would be an absolute nightmare for me politically.

What is so awful about blanket primaries?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4665 on: July 24, 2014, 07:24:20 PM »

lol

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20140724/NEWS01/140729487/State-Rep.-Hope-to-resign-over-out-of-state-voter-registration

Rep. Mike Hope (R-Snohomish) is resigning because he registered to vote (probably accidentally) in Ohio, where he's rumored to have his primary residence.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4666 on: July 25, 2014, 09:03:29 AM »

lol

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20140724/NEWS01/140729487/State-Rep.-Hope-to-resign-over-out-of-state-voter-registration

Rep. Mike Hope (R-Snohomish) is resigning because he registered to vote (probably accidentally) in Ohio, where he's rumored to have his primary residence.

Oh jeeze.

In other State GOP shenanigans news...

http://crosscut.com/2014/07/16/elections/121037/pam-roach-and-challenger-sharing-party-and-distast/

Also, who else has gotten their ballot and sent it in?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #4667 on: July 26, 2014, 12:12:02 AM »

What is so awful about blanket primaries?

IMHO - nothing. On the contrary - in number of cases they give moderates  (outnumbered by far left in democratic primaries and by far right - in republican) at least a say in determining, who will be next elected official from given district. Otherwise they (as myself frequently) are forced to hold their nose and vote not for a candidate they like most, but - AGAINST candidate they hate most.. So i am absolutely FOR them.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4668 on: July 27, 2014, 03:03:02 AM »

lol

Oh jeeze.

http://crosscut.com/2014/07/16/elections/121037/pam-roach-and-challenger-sharing-party-and-distast/

I sent it in day one (Friday).  When a Metropolitan Parks District formation is the most interesting thing on the ballot, you know it's a dull year.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4669 on: July 27, 2014, 12:37:17 PM »

lol

Oh jeeze.

I sent it in day one (Friday).  When a Metropolitan Parks District formation is the most interesting thing on the ballot, you know it's a dull year.

Oooooooooooooh exciting. You must be in Seattle proper then. We've at least got Bumgarner vs. Cowan over here, but nothing much else.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4670 on: July 30, 2014, 07:56:49 PM »

Found this gem on RRH:

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/politicsnorthwest/2014/07/29/gop-democratic-senate-candidate-too-republican/

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4671 on: August 02, 2014, 12:18:06 PM »

Good writeup on Crosscut on the state of the Senate races:

http://crosscut.com/2014/08/01/elections/121275/senate-primary-preview-john-stang/
CT27
Rookie
« Reply #4672 on: August 04, 2014, 07:20:04 PM »

Not sure if this is the right forum/thread, but here goes:

Since almost all statewide offices are "D" here in WA, do you think WA would sooner be likely to have a GOP governor or U.S. Senator?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4673 on: August 04, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »

Not sure if this is the right forum/thread, but here goes:

Since almost all statewide offices are "D" here in WA, do you think WA would sooner be likely to have a GOP governor or U.S. Senator?

Governor, in all likelihood, even though ironically WA had a GOP Senator more recently than they did a Governor (Slade Gorton lost in 2000, as opposed to John Spellman who lost in 1984). Rossi was 130 votes away from winning in 2004, he probably would have won in 2008 but for the financial crash and Obama coattails, and McKenna was favored for 2012 at one point and was the best Republican candidate in a generation facing a "meh" Dem, though he made some serious missteps (Obamacare lawsuit and Tea Party rallies don't go over well in WA, believe it or not). A bad year for Democrats atop the ticket could swing the Gov Mansion in Olympia to the GOP.

The Senate, meanwhile, has two powerful and popular incumbents in Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell. Murray survived two good GOP years in 2004 and 2010 against solid candidates (Nethercutt and Rossi) while Cantwell unseated a two-term incumbent in 2000 and hasn't looked back since. Both Senators will likely hold their seats for as long as they wish.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4674 on: August 05, 2014, 11:44:41 PM »

If the primary results are any indication, the Senate will remain 26-23, with the 30th and 48th districts canceling each other out. A fairly predictable result.

The 26th district looks to be a pretty close three-way at the moment, though Sheldon is hanging on to second place right now. Probably the most interesting result to watch.

WA-4 looks like it will be Didier (lol) vs. Newhouse. I imagine independents and Democrats will giv Newhouse the victory in November, but who knows.

Jess Spear has been crushed by a delightfully massive margin.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 ... 252  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies