Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:14:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 ... 252
Author Topic: Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle  (Read 846863 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5200 on: April 11, 2017, 05:57:40 PM »

Per Chris Daniels, Murray to make announcement at 5:30 related to the allegations
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5201 on: April 11, 2017, 10:15:03 PM »

Per Chris Daniels, Murray to make announcement at 5:30 related to the allegations

Murray denied the allegations, and said a medical exam has shown that his penis does not have a mole like the accuser said he did.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5202 on: April 11, 2017, 10:39:16 PM »

Murray denied the allegations, and said a medical exam has shown that his penis does not have a mole like the accuser said he did.

Really? (Was indisposed to follow this tonight). If you'd told be in Jan that a politician would call a news conference and discuss what his penis looks like I would have bet it was Trump rather than Ed Murray
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5203 on: April 11, 2017, 11:08:15 PM »

Really? (Was indisposed to follow this tonight). If you'd told be in Jan that a politician would call a news conference and discuss what his penis looks like I would have bet it was Trump rather than Ed Murray

Remember: Bill Clinton's penis curves slightly to the left. That's on court record.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In non-penis related news:

Republicans have chosen their candidate for the LD-45 special: Jinyoung Lee Englund.

Englund is a former staffer for Cathy McMorris Rodgers, and a major advocate of Bitcoins. In 2015, she made The Hill's "50 Most Beautiful" list. (Yes, The Hill is that trashy).

Englund has received Rossi's endorsement.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5204 on: April 12, 2017, 08:51:07 AM »

Remember: Bill Clinton's penis curves slightly to the left. That's on court record.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republicans have chosen their candidate for the LD-45 special: Jinyoung Lee Englund.

Englund is a former staffer for Cathy McMorris Rodgers, and a major advocate of Bitcoins. In 2015, she made The Hill's "50 Most Beautiful" list. (Yes, The Hill is that trashy).

Well TBF she IS very pretty, I do have to say.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5205 on: April 12, 2017, 09:46:36 AM »

Really remarkable how much 45th has changed. Both top candidates are POC women.

I'll be moving from the 45th to the 1st soon, but if I remained in the 45th Dhingra would easily have my vote
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #5206 on: April 12, 2017, 10:17:11 AM »

I think we need to see Ed Murray's penis just to make sure he's not lying.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #5207 on: April 12, 2017, 10:32:04 AM »

The fact were talking about Murray's penis probably means he's toast, right?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5208 on: April 12, 2017, 10:41:51 AM »

The fact were talking about Murray's penis probably means he's toast, right?

TBD. The loony left in Seattle probably can't beat him with Oliver (Sawant knows she commands far more influence from the Council than she would as an executive and will never run for Mayor) and if he became toxic the "establishment" would find somebody viable instead. I would imagine one of Petersen, Walkinshaw or Farrell become the choice. Two are LGBT, ones a woman and all are sufficiently progressive to win more mainline liberals as well as the lefties,, but not as out to lunch as the SAP or hard activist crowd
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5209 on: April 12, 2017, 12:09:39 PM »

Please everyone email your representatives and senators today to ask them to vote NO on the knee jerk car tab bill. It isn't ST's fault voters couldn't be bothered to study the MVET calculator on their website. I agree that the jump in tabs was a bit steep but figuring out a better calculation deserves more study and debate than this crap going down in olympia right now
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5210 on: April 13, 2017, 11:35:47 AM »

We should rename this thread either "The Saga of Ed Murray's Penis" or "Car Tabs are Literally Hitler"
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5211 on: April 13, 2017, 05:03:44 PM »

Apparently if Murray resigns the position would go to the most senior member of the City Council, who is Bruce Harrell.

I have no idea what the hell the Deputy Mayor position is for then.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5212 on: April 13, 2017, 06:55:17 PM »

No kidding. Maybe ribbon cutting
kyc0705

« Reply #5213 on: April 13, 2017, 07:03:04 PM »

I really want to meet the politician whose career has currently peaked as Seattle's executive ribbon-cutter.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #5214 on: April 14, 2017, 02:07:51 PM »

The WA Senate might flip to Democratic control in the Fall. A PPP poll of WA-45:

Dhingra (D) 46%
Rossi (R, inc.) 40%
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5215 on: April 14, 2017, 02:17:10 PM »

The WA Senate might flip to Democratic control in the Fall. A PPP poll of WA-45:

Dhingra (D) 46%
Rossi (R, inc.) 40%

Already covered it.

Also Rossi is just the placeholder. He's not running. And "Might flip" is looking like "will flip"
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #5216 on: April 14, 2017, 02:21:20 PM »

Already covered it.

Also Rossi is just the placeholder. He's not running. And "Might flip" is looking like "will flip"

Ah, my bad. So do you know who's gonna take Rossi's place?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5217 on: April 14, 2017, 02:44:14 PM »

Already covered it.

Ah, my bad. So do you know who's gonna take Rossi's place?

|
|
V

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5218 on: April 14, 2017, 08:58:18 PM »

Englund is a decent recruit. Still think Dhingra has to be the favorite at this time
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5219 on: April 15, 2017, 01:12:42 AM »

Englund is a decent recruit. Still think Dhingra has to be the favorite at this time

Interesting. Republican candidate in districts like this must be very moderate (on Litzow level, or even higher), at least on all social isuues, to simply have a reasonable chance... And even that (again - Litzow) may be not enough...
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5220 on: April 16, 2017, 11:10:34 AM »

Interesting. Republican candidate in districts like this must be very moderate (on Litzow level, or even higher), at least on all social isuues, to simply have a reasonable chance... And even that (again - Litzow) may be not enough...

My understanding is Englund is right of Litzow
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5221 on: April 16, 2017, 03:29:58 PM »

My understanding is Englund is right of Litzow

Then her chances are not good...
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5222 on: April 17, 2017, 11:49:56 AM »

Mike McSchwinn just tweeted "Keep Seattle. McGinn 2017"

This may surprise many considering my fairly centrist views but I'd be very happy to see McGinn back in the Mayor's office. For as much of an abrasive weirdo as he is he had serious backbone on urbanism and the arena.
Seattle
United States

« Reply #5223 on: April 17, 2017, 12:21:39 PM »

Mike McSchwinn just tweeted "Keep Seattle. McGinn 2017"

This may surprise many considering my fairly centrist views but I'd be very happy to see McGinn back in the Mayor's office. For as much of an abrasive weirdo as he is he had serious backbone on urbanism and the arena.
Agreed, he's got my support, perhaps. Let's see what he runs on.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5224 on: April 17, 2017, 12:52:48 PM »

Bit OT but does anyone know who draws Council districts for 2021 and onwards? IIRC the districts now used came with the initiative that switched to the district system. Have to imagine uneven growth patterns in Seattle will leave us a radically different map
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 ... 252  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies