Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:28:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle  (Read 848607 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: March 18, 2017, 04:54:26 PM »

Because only Meeker can edit the thread title, and he hasn't posted since September.

I updated it to '17. If you guys want to make the title something different, I'm ok with that, at least unless Meeker comes back and objects.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 01:18:42 PM »

Argh, I'm so annoyed I finally sit down to respond to this and my facking internet craps out when I posted.

ftr, if you post something and your internet connection or the forum server sputters out and leaves you with an error page (and an unsuccessful post), you can just hit Refresh and it should ask you if you want to re-send the previous POST request. I always recommend people first copy their post to the clipboard before hitting send, especially if it's a large post, but that is an additional fallback option.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 02:39:33 PM »

Greatest Generation: 27,400
(The average age of Seattle's Millennial voters: 29. For Generation X: 44. For the Boomers: 62. And for the Greatest Generation: 79.)

Was it meant to be Silent generation? Greatest generation is the one before silent - the FDR/New Deal generation. They aren't really around in big numbers anymore.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 02:03:16 PM »

KingSweden - so when does Dhingra actually take office? It should be almost immediately, right?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 02:22:46 AM »

Damn, I totally forgot about Washington state (sorry KingSweden and friends Sad). Democrats seem to have a very good shot at CD-3 and CD-5 in addition to CD-8! I figured we might have a shot in one of them but if these results hold or get better even, the general election seems poised to be good to WA Democrats.

Well, these results are objectively terrible for legislative and congressional Rs....
I keep checking seats I had pegged as lean or tilt R... that Ds are pulling 50%+ of the vote against incumbents. Obviously the following is subject to change, considering the many votes left out there. The dynamic of partisanship and later returning ballots is still not greatly understood in WA. For some reason, unlike in CA, they're not nearly as homogeneously left or D leaning.

[...]

I gotta get to bed so I can't look that list over, but assuming there are no major changes in the vote totals, what kind of projection would you give Democrats for gains in the legislature in November?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 09:27:28 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2018, 09:38:26 PM by Virginiá »

Republican incumbent Senator in LD-47 (Joe Fain) accused of rape:

54% - 38% Clinton
55% - 42% Obama

How did the primary go for Fain? I'm not sure what he used to get, but the end result seemed like a pretty sturdy win for such a Democratic district (at the presidential level anyway).

Edit: Ok so Fain's primary result from 2014 was a blowout (66%), and he only got 54% this year - a substantial reduction. This accusation will not help, that's for sure.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 10:08:13 PM »

@KingSweden or anyone else knowledgeable about WA: Why is LD-47 even still electing Republicans, and not just electing, but by blowout margins? I could understand if the district was a little less Democratic at the presidential level and if the Republicans won by smaller margins, but this guy has really been running the table up until now.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 01:41:03 PM »

I’m fine with +2/3 in the Senate, but only going +7 in the House with so much low hanging fruit is kinda disappointing. I know Podlodowski is digging WADems out of a hole outside of the King/Snoho core but still

It did seem like it would be better in the primaries.

There's always another shot to deepen the state House/US House ranks in 2020 though.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 01:41:32 PM »

Huge news: Frank Chopp, Dem Speaker of the House will step down from his leadership role at the end of the 2019 session and I’m guessing will likely retire come 2020.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/state-house-speaker-frank-chopp-plans-to-step-down-from-leadership-role-at-end-of-2019-session/

Sorry to bother, but, do you (or anyone else) know the final results for the legislative races and what the majorities will look like for each race (factoring in any Democrats caucusing with Republicans)? I wanted to update wikipedia but not eager to start counting from Washington's enormous legislative results XML file.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 01:50:43 PM »

Yea I know, I was just hoping someone was already keeping a tally of the final partisan breakdown of each chamber.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 06:22:54 PM »

Democrats gained 7 seats in the House and 3 seats in the Senate. The partisan breakdown is 57-41 and 28-21 respectively, counting Tim Sheldon as a Republican.

Thanks! That is what I ended up putting down.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies